Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Bu ya'll are talking as if these two these don't tie in together, You do not get placements on literally the biggest artist in music albums w/o having name/ brand recognition . not having the same recognition as Metro/Mikewill does not = not having name recognition.

Let's say he gets this hypothetical drop, what level of success does it take him too? does he go from producing FOUR records on a Beyonce album to producing the entire thing? Does he executive produce a posthumous Biggie/Pac album? Does he Remix Thriller? i'm just trying to find out what is this level of success he missed out on by not having a drop

The man has multiple songs with Kanye, Jay, Beyonce, Rihanna, Mary J Blige, Mariah, Nicki, Wayne, Drake, Bieber, Britney Spears, Chris Brown, Selena Gomez :lol:

What exactly did not having a drop stop him from. Unless he was gonna move to Atlanta & live & tour with the next batch of rap superstars he wasn't gonna have the same notoriety as Metro & Mikewill but to sit here & say a guy who's resume looks like that didn't have big name recognition is crazy

and with all of that it took Nas for the outside world to realize how good he was.

but it's Kanye, so you have to defend him, right

So much to take in here, pause.

He not wrong. You can’t talk fly s**** and be terrible at probably the most important element... fashion. Even gritty dudes in the 90s like wu tang were fashionable. Grand Puba, Tribe, NWA, Pac, Ice T, Kane, Rakim, Slick Rick, etc.

Fashion and style are the first impression. I won’t even talk to a b**** who can’t dress because every time we go out, my clothes gone look better and she gone have issues. I’ve had girls tell me not to dress up. Fashion is important

Last edited:
and with all of that it took Nas for the outside world to realize how good he was.

but it's Kanye, so you have to defend him, right

Nobody turned their back. Hit boy had a soulful style, the industry went to that lame ***, one dimensional style that’s so prevalent nowadays. The industry and musicians turned there back on him, not us

However you wanna slice it was bad advice. Every single big name producer post 2010 has a tag. Hitboy seem like he got a lot of smoke Kanye too. I don't thibk it's just over a producer tag. It sound like one of them you meet your hero and they turn out to be a ***hole/weirdo.
I dont fully agree with the drop P.o.v. it would have made him a more known name on a casual level, but not sure how much they really would have benefited him given how much he has already accomplished.

That said, this Ye **** with all these artists (Breezy, KayCy, even Thugga saying I make the album or dont call me anymore) plays out like the La La episode of Grownish. Working with your idol and them basically stealing your ****. I wasnt involved with the industry long, but I caught a handful of examples of Ye using an idea created by another producer, flipping it so the rhythm remains the same and the concept is similar but just about everything else changes. And while the producers of the original concept were able to speak out on it being their idea, the credit, both in the media and the minds of fans, went to Ye. Hell, Ye speaks to this being the inspiration of him producing Pusha's album Daytona.

While the above isnt exactly Hitboy's situation, I'm sure he dealt with some of that as well.

**** just gets messy man.

That said, could just be how the industry works. Cuz Ye went through the same ****, producing records and having a larger name producer take the credit. Monica's Knock Knock comes to mind. I was always under the impression that was Missy's track. It aint...

what makes you think they're "rich"?

Ya'll don't see Meek Mill crying about not getting money from music? TLC movie ain't teach ****** anything.

Very small percentage of rappers are actually"rich". I can guarantee you someone like Hoodrich Pablo Juan was making more money from illicit activity then his actual music.
Didnt Pac die with basically nothing to his name? Yet the image was he was balling. Versace this, double R that.

Facade.

I dont fully agree with the drop P.o.v. it would have made him a more known name on a casual level, but not sure how much they really would have benefited him given how much he has already accomplished.

That said, this Ye **** with all these artists (Breezy, KayCy, even Thugga saying I make the album or dont call me anymore) plays out like the La La episode of Grownish. Working with your idol and them basically stealing your ****. I wasnt involved with the industry long, but I caught a handful of examples of Ye using an idea created by another producer, flipping it so the rhythm remains the same and the concept is similar but just about everything else changes. And while the producers of the original concept were able to speak out on it being their idea, the credit, both in the media and the minds of fans, went to Ye. Hell, Ye speaks to this being the inspiration of him producing Pusha's album Daytona.

While the above isnt exactly Hitboy's situation, I'm sure he dealt with some of that as well.

**** just gets messy man.

That said, could just be how the industry works. Cuz Ye went through the same ****, producing records and having a larger name producer take the credit. Monica's Knock Knock comes to mind. I was always under the impression that was Missy's track. It aint...

Not shocked at all cuz this situation just happened this year. This chick I went to school with, her boyfriend designs clothes and has his own brand. Not sure how it all went down, but Somehow Ye gets wind of his brand and some of his designs and sets up a meeting with em to collab and make merch. He shows him his stuff and they say they are gonna work together n all that. Fast forward to the DONDA release, Ye and his team jack his designs and sell merch that resembles his brand with zero of his involvement.

Back
Top Bottom