Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Edit: on a sidenote, Kiss really is the best rapper out of New York. The bars, the grittiness, the versatility and longevity, the voice of course.

spiderman-magic.gif

Kanye said what I've always thought about Talib. Never liked him. It's the reason I never liked Blackstar's album like everyone else. I never liked his voice or flow and yeah Common is a lot better.

Glad someone said it publicly, because I always felt dude was arrogant about his skills for no reason.

I like what Bills did on this

Rowdy's doing a lot better than Bobby

Pap should change up his flow more often

Kanye said what I've always thought about Talib. Never liked him. It's the reason I never liked Blackstar's album like everyone else. I never liked his voice or flow and yeah Common is a lot better.

Glad someone said it publicly, because I always felt dude was arrogant about his skills for no reason.
Kanye broke down so many walls on this interview.

Felt like if Talib was one of those rappers you had to say you liked if you were into "smart hip hop/neo soul" whatever that was marketed to be. Talib honestly has the cadence of Silk the Shocker over traditional east coast beats.

Finally got through the Ye interview.
My biggest take away is that Ima make alot of money off this cat on the run up, when he goes public with his stock.
I doubled my money when he signed with Gap.
Gonna do that again, at minimum.

Thanks Ye!

All the other stuff in the interview, I don't care. Talib been trash.

we back to keeping it a buck about mr “top 5 dead or alive”?

the lox vs dips hysteria has officially worn off.

yall had selective memory for a good month n change. Lol

Most people shoulda known Kiss would out-rap and out-perform Cam.
Definitely more of a Cam'Ron fan than Jada, but I wasn't expecting Dipset to completely **** the bed that night. A lot of us weren't, which is probably why that Verzuz response turned out the way it did.

Who you got?

25 years and no classic albums.

Damn, the late great Frank White did more in 3 years as far as influence and classic albums, and there's a dozen more that could lay claim before Jada.

I love Frank Gore, but let's not hand out he was a top five back, because he lasted a long time and is top five in total yards.

He can't diss Kanye but so much, because he gave him his best song

I used to think Talib and Mos was Phonte and Big Pooh level, but Pooh got good and became a good rapper and Talib maintained being a marginal emcee

Don’t think I’ve heard a non-R&B beat by Jermaine Dupri in ages but I never thought when I did it would be for Papoose :lol:

Pretty positive Get By is his highest charting song

and Hi Tek is a terrible rapper, and the stand out thing about The Blast are the added vocals.

Back
Top Bottom