Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Kanye said what I've always thought about Talib. Never liked him. It's the reason I never liked Blackstar's album like everyone else. I never liked his voice or flow and yeah Common is a lot better.

Glad someone said it publicly, because I always felt dude was arrogant about his skills for no reason.
I remember he was furious on Twitter ( again :lol: ) when people said Big Boi was better like tha was some sort of insult. He & Bomani went back & forth for an hour

He’s delusional

Jadakiss was always tryna make smooth tracks with r&b hooks on his albums. Like he was tryna show that he had range but he really didn't.

Train of thought and blackstar was dope but yea talib was mid outside of that

Jadakiss was always tryna make smooth tracks with r&b hooks on his albums. Like he was tryna show that he had range but he really didn't.

Jada is a goat level rapper with non-goat level albums. He tried doing that Life After Death formula (where you cover every demographic) for all his albums and they never really hit like they should. A singular focus on an album where he locks in with one or two producers would do him some good (I assumed that would happen coming out of the Verzuz, but looks like I was wrong :lol:)

Last edited:

.... he definitely had range. It’s a reason he was featured on R&B songs with people like bilal, mya, and Jaheim

Back
Top Bottom