Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Believe it or not at one point he was about to get Future out the paint
gus-fring-giancarlo-esposito.gif

I still work out to that rich gang tape. Everybody was in their bag on that **** even Baby.

If you told people in 2014 that Quan would basically be done out here a couple years later there is no way they would believe you.

It shows that it takes more than just talent to be successful. I have no doubt Quan has the talent to make music people wanna hear but his name is just bad out here.

I remember reading he was having some trouble with the drinking too.

Between Pluto and I wanna say Monster there was a period where Fewtch was kinda on the ropes.

I'm a big enough future fan (I kinda caught onto his sound around the Honest era). I remember his core fanbase back then (street ******) being kinda shakey on future and the music he was releasing.

Fewtch himself has alluded to monster being a comeback after things ended with Ciara.

I guess music indeed was not his priority at that time but there was no way in hell that rhq would be a threat to him.
Being around Thug was the best thing that ever happened to quan and he sure as hell fumbled this bag.

I still work out to that rich gang tape. Everybody was in their bag on that **** even Baby.

If you told people in 2014 that Quan would basically be done out here a couple years later there is no way they would believe you.

It shows that it takes more than just talent to be successful. I have no doubt Quan has the talent to make music people wanna hear but his name is just bad out here.

I remember reading he was having some trouble with the drinking too.
I mean, if you'd have asked me in 2014, i would have told you that if you cut one of Thug's dreads, you would end up with more talent in your hands than in quan's whole body.
That Tour was immaculate indeed, and you right, even Birdman old *** sounded nice (pause) but it was solely off Thug's energy and talent. Heck, I'm sure he wrote all of baby's verses.

I'm not gonna hold you

i do remember cats on NT saying Thug/RHQ/Migos took Futures lane after Honest dropped
Fam it was a thing.

Everybody gets selective amnesia now but it was very much a conversation back then.

Of course then Monster dropped and Quan fell way the **** off and the conversation stopped (as it should have).

He split with Thug like a year or two too early if we being honest.
I disagree with this part, he probly spent too much time hanging round Thug and Bird to the point that yo was trying to sound/be like Thug…Thats when RHQ lost his sound, n his own buzz…Add that to him becoming a joke cuz of dancing n it’s been quiet for him since

The older i get the more i understand why artist be like **** the "culture" :lol:

****** will throw money to anyone but our own, Now i damn sure wasn't paying to watch Anthony Hamilton vs Music but i wouldn't mind if it was a battle i'm really interested in.

I could understand if this was still two ****** playing beats over facetime, but Verzuz is a complete show & production now. I don't think it was out of pocket to try & start charging.

I feel what you saying but this is just how ppl in general act tho, once you start off giving something for free then try to charge it’s always gon be some crying no matter what the changes are so it Shouldn’t be surprising…In alotta folks minds they still think/want Versuz to just be some IG **** cuz that’s what it originally was

They shoulda rebranded it as a whole new thing once it got more elaborate, woulda been easier to charge probly

I disagree with this part, he probly spent too much time hanging round Thug and Bird to the point that yo was trying to sound/be like Thug…Thats when RHQ lost his sound, n his own buzz…Add that to him becoming a joke cuz of dancing n it’s been quiet for him since
Idk man. They split around 2014/2015.

Thug was still finding his sound and was barely outta the I sound like "the worst version" of Lil Wayne clone.

The dancing and extremely tight jeans didn't do him any favors with his core audience either (once again street ******, who were actively looking for someone who could fill Futures shoes)

Hip hop in 2014 also wasn't hip hop of today, thug calling dudes his baby etc wasn't exactly welcomed by the culture at large. He had talent for sure but people were like 50/50 on him.

Thug kept going, developed his own sound, birthed a ton of other artist and was able to become a success even without dropping massive albums.

I hate to say it but Quan should've stuck it out. None of the choices he made after the split with Thug really worked out for him.

Last edited:
Even though Honest was mid, y’all conveniently forget the tapes Pluto was putting out around the time the Quan/Thug/Migos were starting to take off.

Black Woodstock, No Sleep, Astronaut Status, Welcome to Mollyworld etc.

There was never a point where Future was about to be out the paint. :lol:

There was a period where they compared Quan to Future because of their voices. But that’s about it.

Even though Honest was mid, y’all conveniently forget the tapes Pluto was putting out around the time the Quan/Thug/Migos were starting to take off.

Black Woodstock, No Sleep, Astronaut Status, Welcome to Mollyworld etc.

There was never a point where Future was about to be out the paint. :lol:
Preach!

When Honest dropped, i was still bumping "How Can I Not" everyday to ever have time to think about "Fewtch dropped some mid".
When Scooter said "****** swagga jackin off of Future, tryna steal his spot/ cuz me make that million dollar music and we off the block" he ain't lie one bit

The older i get the more i understand why artist be like **** the "culture" :lol:

****** will throw money to anyone but our own, Now i damn sure wasn't paying to watch Anthony Hamilton vs Music but i wouldn't mind if it was a battle i'm really interested in.

I could understand if this was still two ****** playing beats over facetime, but Verzuz is a complete show & production now. I don't think it was out of pocket to try & start charging.

We’ll pay for everyone else's product but our own (the culture)

Back
Top Bottom