Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

gus-fring-giancarlo-esposito.gif

This :lol:

Do people forget Monster was only like 5 months after Honest. He wasn't on no ropes. His popularity was getting bigger, his core just didn't like the softer sound of Honest so went back.

Let's be honest fam. Rich homie would sell his soul to be Soulja

Corniness aside Souljah has had a fairly successful career.

He was supposed to be a ringtone rapper. Soulja gets a hit or notable song every 3 years or so.

I'm a big Quan fan but he cold as ice on the streets. Outside of his core fanbase I haven't even heard his name mentioned in years.

If it matters I think Quan makes better music, but Soulja is probably 2-3x more famous than Quan and has had way bigger hits.

Hit or notable song every 3 years?? WHERE and WHEN?!?

He split with Thug like a year or two too early if we being honest.

Then he started chasing a weird sound (during his dyed dread phase). He had like one hit pop off with that sound and said **** it all my **** gonna sound like this.

I think that album you are referencing was supposed to be him going back to his original sound but by then he was cold.

Believe it or not at one point he was about to get Future out the paint (around the gangsta grillz time). He even dissed Future in the intro.

I think he had some bad contract **** happen as well, and he signed to Motown (****ing Motown!) Which did him like 0 favors. His best work was under TIG, he probably should've tried to get down with QC early. They would've managed his career much better.

The n_ started bootyshaking and pumpfaking. That’s why he got axed from the game. It’s funny thug can talk about all that gay stuff in his music and survive.

Quan got what he deserved. Started doing all that effeminate stuff and got out of here. It’s accepted now so, idk. All these dudes sus. Quan just didn’t make the cut

Quan messed up those Biggie lyrics, then had some snippet where he said he’d rape a joint and it’s been downhill for him ever since.

I was just listening to the Rich Gang tape over the weekend. Dude was all the way up at a point. Crazy how things unfold.

Wayne, Tyler the creator and plenty others have rapped about raping people. They survived. People pick and choose. Quan just wasn’t a big enough name yet. He’s a clown though

Between Pluto and I wanna say Monster there was a period where Fewtch was kinda on the ropes.

I'm a big enough future fan (I kinda caught onto his sound around the Honest era). I remember his core fanbase back then (street ******) being kinda shakey on future and the music he was releasing.

Fewtch himself has alluded to monster being a comeback after things ended with Ciara.

yup. Before Monster….it was def a down period for Future. You can go in the NT thread. All of us were in there iffy on if he had it.

Then he dropped monster…and been cooking ever since :pimp:

I disagree with this part, he probly spent too much time hanging round Thug and Bird to the point that yo was trying to sound/be like Thug…Thats when RHQ lost his sound, n his own buzz…Add that to him becoming a joke cuz of dancing n it’s been quiet for him since

This is exactly what it was. Thug leveled up off of Quan. Quan ain’t really need Rich Gang tbh at that point.

People got mad at me when I said I ain’t f*** with future because he was dumbing himself down, that was his lowlight. He was trying to be ignorant

Once he got back to being lyrical and upped his content, he took off

This :lol:

Do people forget Monster was only like 5 months after Honest. He wasn't on no ropes. His popularity was getting bigger, his core just didn't like the softer sound of Honest so went back.

Man, in real time…we was all on some “future going too pop” and losing “it” type time.

The Future thread before monster dropped is an outstanding time capsule :lol:

You being a fan of honest makes sense

Honest made me a fan of Future. I never really liked a full tape or album until that. I played that and YG's album to death this summer.

Just keep scrolling :lol:

Man this his last chance wit me. No more of that future hendrix ****, bag to that old trap ****, give the og fans something man.

Real talk I need more "dem","ain't no way around it", " gon to the moon", "made myself a boss, type future with a lil bit of never end type tracks

Idk. I can kind of see what y'all are talking about with Future falling off a bit. But I think he still has it in him... I didn't like FBG: The Movie when it first dropped, but I was probably smokin' dust around that time, because it grew to be one of my favorites from him..

Anyway, I've been rocking with this for the past couple of weeks.

"Ain't no way around it" is one of my favorite songs of any genre period. Song was too real.

Future thought he was bigger than his fan base, and tried to go Pop and be on that "move that genre forward" BS that really means abandoning hip hop for pop music.

Still holding out hope for shorty though.

I already told y'all "Aint No Way Around It" was his 'Thriller' and he'll never make anything better

dudes couldn't keep in that lane because their 100 thousand ****** crammed up in it right now.... Migos, Thugga, Pee Wee, etc etc are all doing a slight variation of what future was doing. When everything sounds similar to your sound you gota switch up & let's not act like he didn't just drop this Epicness

He can still bring it when he's not trying to reach for charts

Man, in real time…we was all on some “future going too pop” and losing “it” type time.

lamekilla lamekilla was irate with Future when DS2 came out

My dog brought them quotes out lol.

Idk man. They split around 2014/2015.

Thug was still finding his sound and was barely outta the I sound like "the worst version" of Lil Wayne clone.

The dancing and extremely tight jeans didn't do him any favors with his core audience either (once again street ******, who were actively looking for someone who could fill Futures shoes)

Hip hop in 2014 also wasn't hip hop of today, thug calling dudes his baby etc wasn't exactly welcomed by the culture at large. He had talent for sure but people were like 50/50 on him.

Thug kept going, developed his own sound, birthed a ton of other artist and was able to become a success even without dropping massive albums.

I hate to say it but Quan should've stuck it out. None of the choices he made after the split with Thug really worked out for him.

I agree… He shoulda leaned all the way in with Thug… He had him on tracks with Travis before he blew

It's unfortunate because Desiigner naturally has a similar voice to Future. His downfall was that he was just lazy and didn't drop music.

Just an example of how having a hot song doesn't mean you can just relax in today's time. Desiigner, Fetty Wap and others have gone through it. Roddy may be going through it as well.

Back
Top Bottom