Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

It's unfortunate because Desiigner naturally has a similar voice to Future. His downfall was that he was just lazy and didn't drop music.

Just an example of how having a hot song doesn't mean you can just relax in today's time. Desiigner, Fetty Wap and others have gone through it. Roddy may be going through it as well.

This is on the fans and the short attention span era we live it. It’s a gift and a curse for the new generation acts.

Yeah, you can have a “viral moment” or hot song for a few weeks or months…. You better

A) have more material
Or B) save your money

You don't need talent to have a career to last longer than his.

If he had talent, he would’ve had more songs. Even if they didn’t reach the level and popularity of “Panda”. Dude sucked.

You do need some level of talent to last beyond one song or one hot moment.

I agree… He shoulda leaned all the way in with Thug… He had him on tracks with Travis before he blew

Agreed. The dance hindered him a bit, but then when he and Thug severed ties with one another he got cooked. He should just keep putting out music. Eventually people will flock back to him.
It's unfortunate because Desiigner naturally has a similar voice to Future. His downfall was that he was just lazy and didn't drop music.

Just an example of how having a hot song doesn't mean you can just relax in today's time. Desiigner, Fetty Wap and others have gone through it. Roddy may be going through it as well.
Dude got the one song and rode it into the ground. Should have immediately dropped another track. I understand the whirlwind of a big track while being a new artist can pull you in with Kanye flying you out, interviews etc, but that's when he should have immediately put something out so people didn't think he was a one trick poney. On top of that he was doing all that goofy doofy **** on almost every interview. I believe they said that was his first ever track? And then he severed ties with the dudes he was working with?

Out of Thug and Quan, who had bigger street/gang ties? I’m guessing Thug??

After the split, wasn’t thug throwing shots and disses Quan way? I feel like Thug always had a strong group of soldiers and allies so, in any split. Thug would win IMO.

His downfall was that he wasn’t talented :lol: the future talk was hilarious because future would give you 4-5 projects a year all slaps and this dude only had 1 song

**** was obvious too :lol:. The people really pushing that designer nonsense were cynical and some haters too.

They were really invested in the idea that Future is a “mumble rapper”…and it takes no talent to do what Future does….and his music was easily replicable and lacked any substance or quality.

It was really funny.

I disagree tho. Having them machines and them folks behind you can put you where talents can't and that's unfortunate

The machine can’t make you have more than one hit though.

One of the best examples is Trinidad James. Dude made his money, he was already into sneaker culture heavy. And he leveraged that into more opportunities. He used his hit song and opened himself up in more circles

After the split, wasn’t thug throwing shots and disses Quan way? I feel like Thug always had a strong group of soldiers and allies so, in any split. Thug would win IMO.
From what I've seen online it would appear to be Thug.

Thug been banging for a long time. There's old clips of him on YouTube with those Cleveland Ave Bloods.

This was way before the I'm a stoner era etc.

Thug come up is really remarkable. Homie has like 7 or 8 siblings and they come from the slums.

From what I've seen online it would appear to be Thug.

Thug been banging for a long time. There's old clips of him on YouTube with those Cleveland Ave Bloods.

This was way before the I'm a stoner era etc.

Thug come up is really remarkable. Homie has like 7 or 8 siblings and they come from the slums.
Thug a real life genius, a literal generational talent and a Living Legend.

Yea RHQ wasn’t in the streets like that and doesn’t run with any of those type of dudes behind him…It would never be any real “beef” between him and Thug

Thug’s ppl got real static with Lucci n em, bodies be droppin back and forth for a min…RHQ doesn’t move in that type of world, yo just from the eastside and raps

Always heard thug got a gang of lil crashouts. Can’t remember who it was but they went and tagged somebody grave with Slatt a few years ago. I wonder who his hood plugged in with in LA though. I know Gunna & Baby claim 60’s and supposedly they stamped.

I mean thugs associates did get Waynes your bus shot up, and that was early in his career.

Thug is tied in with the 60s too somehow. He's mentioned Big U a couple times. I think Big U even stepped in when Thug and Game had words a couple years back.

Yea RHQ wasn’t in the streets like that and doesn’t run with any of those type of dudes behind him…It would never be any real “beef” between him and Thug

Thug’s ppl got real static with Lucci n em, bodies be droppin back and forth for a min…RHQ doesn’t move in that type of world, yo just from the eastside and raps
He was still doing some knuckle head **** though no? I remember on one of his earlier interviews he was saying he use to break into houses and the whole nine. And we did a little time and came out and decided to pursue music.

Back
Top Bottom