Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Aging out is a good thing.

Blindly hating, is a bad thing.

Enjoy your concerts with the teens

fellowkids.gif

To be fair calling something trash is considered "hating" nowadays when in fact someone just thinks it's Trash :lol:. I've been told plenty of times i'm "hating" on ****** who i actively listen too

Nah, there is a difference..and y’all know the difference with how y’all approach certain ****, that just may not be for you. Or your frequency.

Nothing wrong with calling out bad music. But it’s obvious when dudes just be blind hating. Some of y’all do this from time to time.

Just call it what it is. Nothing wrong with stepping back and sayin, “this ain’t for me”…”I’m too old for this”.

That’s natural. The sooner we get to that understanding, the better these convos go.

Trap Muzik to King

He became more than a trap rapper though, he didn't box himself in that lane. Gucci never reached a peak like Tip.
Tip wasn’t outselling Wayne during that period
Wayne dropped 2 albums during that time frame (2003-2006) and sold the same amount if not more than the 3 albums u named

Nah, there is a difference..and y’all know the difference with how y’all approach certain ****, that just may not be for you. Or your frequency.

Nothing wrong with calling out bad music. But it’s obvious when dudes just be blind hating. Some of y’all do this from time to time.

Just call it what it is. Nothing wrong with stepping back and sayin, “this ain’t for me”…”I’m too old for this”.

That’s natural. The sooner we get to that understanding, the better these convos go.
G Herbo ain’t for me :lol:

Tip wasn’t outselling Wayne during that period
Wayne dropped 2 albums during that time frame (2003-2006) and sold the same amount if not more than the 3 albums u named

Trap Muzik went platinum, 500 degreez went gold

Urban Legend 195,000 1st week , Carter 1 116,000

King 522,000 1st week, Carter 2 240,000 1st week

On top of that What You Know is bigger than any record Wayne had at that time.

But that's the thing, some of ya'll seem to think that your perception of something means that others have to perceive it the same. This ain't for me is just the PC way to say the **** is trash :lol: .

My two most listened songs for the past week have been from a 18 yr old Drill Rapper & Uzi, there's plenty of music that i listen too that's in the same exact lane as some of this **** posted in here. So it isn't about not "understanding" or being to old.... some of this **** is just Trash to us, nothing more nothing less.

Hiphop is entering damn near it's 50th year, the days of the youth speaking for all of the "culture" is dead. And that seems to be a consistent theme in this thread, the youth like it so it must be hot........... No the youth is exactly that, youthful & don't have as big of a palette as people who have seen various decades of hiphop & some of this **** be uninspired, copy & paste, extremely mid music

people can say that & not be "hating"

It’s funny. In the DMV a lot of artist are immediately dismissed but I bang with No Savage, dude can actually rap. Kinda hate he got locked. So whenever I try to put my boys on they say oh he trash without listening.

Trap Muzik to King

He became more than a trap rapper though, he didn't box himself in that lane. Gucci never reached a peak like Tip.
Gucci was lowkey bigger than Tip, despite tip selling more records in the mainstream. Hood dudes from nyc, dc, chi to cali and everywhere in between loved mixtape Gucci. One of my boys from harlem played my kitchen religiously. Real recognized real and Gucci was felt nationwide.

i-give-up-frustrated.gif

Can we please not do this Gucci thing again man :smh: , under no circumstance other than "I like gucci more than Tip" was Gucci ever bigger than T.I man, not close.
So what, we know TI did numbers. It’s all subjective at the end of the day, nobody in my circle besides me listened to TI like that. If we’re purely talking numbers I’m sure Luda trumps all of these dudes from that era.

Back
Top Bottom