Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

2C01F602-E4AD-4160-B423-760C94D464E3.jpeg

Do you run back and tell people you met Chris Brown?

I remember when Gucci used to drop tapes downtown would be crazy and every car was playing that ****. 08 was a wild summer. TI was for sure bigger in a sense, u not selling out the garden without having the colonizers loving ya ****. He was doing duets with Timberlake, rihanna and the trick anthem. After king I don’t think I ever cared to hear another ti album once he went full commercial. Jeezy and Gucci street presence was way bigger than tips post 07 but tip had more radio play and bigger songs. I remember Gucci vs jeezy parties happening and ****** fighting between both sides **** was crazy. But crossing over and selling out the trap music did tip in because them colonizers eventually move on to the next and the streets always gonna **** wit u.

I ain’t seen tip on a concert bill here in forever or heard any one caring about going in some time. Whenever Gucci Or especially jeezy in town ****** showing up and they come at least 3x a year to do the same exact ****ing sets.

I hear you but getting major studio film roles/network TV shows/ Grabbing big international shows & festivals>>>>>> doing spot dates in clubs & small venues.

Last edited:
I hear you but getting major studio film roles/network TV shows/ Grabbing big international shows & festivals>>>>>> doing spot dates in clubs & small venues.
I never disagreed that TIP was the bigger artist. But just like everyone else in that lane who cross over, u done soon as them folks move on to the next. The rise and fall be fast asf. Nobody been checking for TI for quite some time.

I never disagreed that TIP was the bigger artist. But just like everyone else in that lane who cross over, u done soon as them folks move on to the next. The rise and fall be fast asf. Nobody been checking for TI for quite some time.
Just like Wiz too

I'll agree that nobody really checking for his new stuff but Gucci/Jeezy ain't exactly burning **** up either. I'm just saying T.I crossing over gave him the opportunity to do films, TV, International shows & festivals. at 40+ i would rather that outcome than still having to do hood spots & clubs.

Also the lifespan of a mainstream artist (One who's actually releases good music) >>>>>>> the artist that the hood loves. Jeezy & Gucci are exceptions to the rule, the hood move off ****** just as quick as any other fanbase.

New Orleans mess w/TI pretty heavy especially since he gave Mannie & BG major placements when people weren’t messing w/them and also helped BG get back on major label…I think he also was the 1st outside artist to do a bounce record before Drake tried to ride that wave.

I'll agree that nobody really checking for his new stuff but Gucci/Jeezy ain't exactly burning **** up either. I'm just saying T.I crossing over gave him the opportunity to do films, TV, International shows & festivals. at 40+ i would rather that outcome than still having to do hood spots & clubs.

Also the lifespan of a mainstream artist (One who's actually releases good music) >>>>>>> the artist that the hood loves. Jeezy & Gucci are exceptions to the rule, the hood move off ****** just as quick as any other fanbase.
I’ll respectfully disagree. ****** like boosie can tour/appearances the rest of his life off all this mixtape tracks and make a few Ms. Jeezy come to my city 4x a year and it sells out Everytime and he does the exact same set and people go crazy and will show up every time. I can’t remember the last time I heard of anybody going to a TI show or him even coming here.

TI, Jeezy and Rick Ross get a lot of money off real estate these days. They been buying up properties like crazy around the beltline, midtown and now centennial yards. Music is just a hobby for them at this point, they got a lot of other stuff going on. I don’t know what Gucci’s doing but he’s on his last strike in Georgia so he doesn’t come back much.

TI, Jeezy and Rick Ross get a lot of money off real estate these days. They been buying up properties like crazy around the beltline, midtown and now centennial yards. Music is just a hobby for them at this point, they got a lot of other stuff going on. I don’t know what Gucci’s doing but he’s on his last strike in Georgia so he doesn’t come back much.

Killer Mike too. Ain’t they tapped in with Mitt Romney son, or something?

there's a reason (actually several) why he tried (and quite miserably failed) his hand at stand up

Ti, more than likely the smartest one in his immediate circles and gotta buncha people around him fake laughing @ all his bullsht.

And again, he take’s himself too seriously. He definitely doesnt strike me as the type that can laugh @ their self.

I woulda gave em his cred if he was good but dude was tellin 5th grade sex jokes n sh*t. Nah…

Back
Top Bottom