Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

You don’t like his music fine but you been bitter about the support he’s getting since being locked up... that’s hate and corny as hell.

I’m tired of seeing it...just like I’m tired of seeing free Kodak, free ybn, free x y z...I don’t a give a f. That’s the simplest way I could put it. As black men I wish them the best(for them to be free) but I really don’t care personally and am tired of seeing it and people trying to turn it into a black people movement that will somehow benefit us all :lol:

I’d rather you stay the same. During that beef so many Drake fans said Meek career was over, he’s trash, he should retire and blah blah. Now it’s cool to like Meek and he’s the underdog and Philly winning so Drake d riding and now a lot of those fans have done a 180 screaming free Meek and repping him. **** wack and phony.

People was actually doggin Meek when he went back in. It wasn't until the crazy judge **** came out when the narrative changed and ****** started protesting by singing the intro :lol:

People was actually doggin Meek when he went back in. It wasn't until the crazy judge **** came out when the narrative changed and ****** started protesting by singing the intro :lol:
let him stay in
see what it did to gucci
i mean musically he's washed
but his life is on the up and up

Yo... who the hell are:

Trip pie red
Xxxtencaion
Lil pump
Lil xan
NBA younbboy
Telashi
?????

I keep seein these names and when I see pics honestly not to be racist but it’s some weirdos with a whole bunch of face tats .. some of em appropriating the hell out of the culture?? What the hell is goin on?

Half of em cant even speak English and their interviews they try to talk like they are dumb or drugged out or something is mentally wrong with them.. are they really making hits?

Only 1 of them (NBA Youngboy) is worth a listen to since he’s actually coherent, but as a whole it’s mostly ****ty drugged up sounding dudes that can barely string together her 4 bars, and guys that’ll be replaced by artists that are even worse in the next several months

I’m tired of seeing it...just like I’m tired of seeing free Kodak, free ybn, free x y z...I don’t a give a f. That’s the simplest way I could put it. As black men I wish them the best(for them to be free) but I really don’t care personally and am tired of seeing it and people trying to turn it into a black people movement that will somehow benefit us all :lol:

Meek getting freed and his original convinction from a decade ago getting overturned (corrupt cops who were robbing drug dealers and lied about the incident completely) would actually help potentially start a ripple effect of cases being overturned for the hundreds, maybe thousands of other black men who were victimized by that judge and police force during this past 10-15 years in Philly, so yes it actually would benefit more than just Meek, if it hasnt already by bringing this conversation to a national stage

Meek getting freed and his original convinction from a decade ago getting overturned (corrupt cops who were robbing drug dealers and lied about the incident completely) would actually help potentially start a ripple effect of cases being overturned for the hundreds, maybe thousands of other black men who were victimized by that judge and police force during this past 10-15 years in Philly, so yes it actually would benefit more than just Meek, if it hasnt already by bringing this conversation to a national stage
I mean he was a drug dealer
They didn’t lie about that
Plus he always in some mess
After the 3rd or 4th time
It’s time to take some responsibility

So you cool with the police just victimizing small time, poor, teenage drug dealers in the inner city now? Got it. Ignore the root. Just pin whatever crime on a person in that situation because circumstances led them to sell drugs at that time. Their rights be dammed huh.

You didn’t think this through.

Sorry but I think Young Boy is dumpster juice along with the rest of that list he was asking about. XXXtentacion has potential to make great music, just needs to get around more music minded people.

What happened to quality A&R’s? Seems like everyone just puts out whatever now and aren’t too concerned with making great complete projects.

They got Meek for popping a wheelie in a music video and breaking up a fight. That sounds worth 2-4 years to you? :nerd:

I think it's a lot more nuanced than either side of the argument. The system is dying for young black men to criminalize, but with that knowledge, I do still think there is some responsibility and/or culpability there. It's a system built against us, but that doesn't necessary justify playing directly into their hands.

But again it's a lot more nuanced. Almost to a case-by-case basis, where it's hard to cast judgement unless you understand the full circumstances.

On the topic of Meek, he should know by now that they're looking to make an example out of him. It isn't right, but this has been the MO by law enforcement in this country since its inception. This country ain't for us. The laws ain't for us. It isn't right, but it is the reality. Just gotta be smarter than that.

Texas and Nawlins got the best slang period.

XXL freshman list is trash if they don’t include the first crippin piru to become famous, 6ix9ine.

NBA Youngboy should be on the list but his current case might get that snatched from him.

Meek was dealing with dirty cops from his first case back in 08. All that "responsible" talk kinda goes out the window. And if he was this irresponsible criminal at one point he's definitely turned his life all the way around and still had crooked cops and a shady judge tryna lock him up.

His case is what a lot of _'s go through but his is under the spotlight. If you breathe wrong they're tryna lock you up. Meanwhile white boys get away with murder, rape, drugs all day.

nah you going in a tap dancing direction bro

the cousins admitted they were selling weed and meek was just the errand and look out boy at the time, he was outside bc he was finna go to the corner store. even if he was serving, a sentence of a few months or a fine > them trying to say that he pointed a gun at them which is mainly where his heavy charges came from

they would have fired his black *** up and there never would have been a meek mill if a police force who was boldly robbing people had a gun pointed at them by a measly drug dealer.

they used his head as a battering ram to open the door and then beat up everyone in there and took their money.

then a lot of his violations came from percocet addiction from his doctors over prescriptions or the judge playing dumb *** games knowing he’s a rapper and when it comes to studio time with others, award shows and performances he dont always control that.

you should read the rolling stone article to get a full context and understanding of the events youre referring to because a lot of foul **** happened that the average person prpbably doesnt know and theyre turning around acting like meek is smoking blunts and getting DUI’s and beating ****** up and **** when its really a corrupt judge and police force who got lucky when an average scrub they were about to keep on a revolving prison probation door anyway turned into a huge rapper. all the aforementioned doesnt even touch on her dealings with Charlie Mack and how they literally pulled a Suge/Pac/Rikers type situation on this *****.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...ll-prison-police-brutality-roc-nation-w517712

Back
Top Bottom