Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

3-0 Puff.

JD smoked live and die for hip hop but that’s some niche stuff I doubt he even plays.
1-1 and a toss up. You really think Welcome 2 Atlanta is losing, ATL!?

And though I’m a bigger fan of Mo Money Mo Problems over Money Ain’t A Thang, fan love could either way

Folks saying Gipp ain’t a legend because he ain’t stay relevant over the span of decades

That’s not the same as “he didn’t drop music over the span of decades” basically y’all reserve that title for ****** like Hov and Nas and dudes who kept major label deals I.e. marketable and profitable to white people. There are a few exceptions like MF Doom but with any type of sales/relevance convo it’s based off who was kept in a media spotlight by a label

Aight bet.

Drag-on a legend…

Why are you comparing Drag On who to my knowledge was a Ruff Ryder weed roller is comparable to Gipp/Goodie who had a hand in OutKast’s beginnings and have a certified classic arguably two classic albums

Folks in here still pushing that “Gipp’s is a legend” nonsense. Would have thought folks in here would have been talking about something worthwhile like the winning lottery numbers for the night or Snowfall returning tomorrow night. Not wasting their time on things WE know NOT to be true.

Folks saying Gipp ain’t a legend because he ain’t stay relevant over the span of decades

That’s not the same as “he didn’t drop music over the span of decades” basically y’all reserve that title for ****** like Hov and Nas and dudes who kept major label deals I.e. marketable and profitable to white people. There are a few exceptions like MF Doom but with any type of sales/relevance convo it’s based off who was kept in a media spotlight by a label

That's not true. Scarface, Prodigy, Redman, dudes like that wasn't always in the spotlight pushed by a label but they're hand down legends based on catalog and impact. Ain't got nothing to do with white folks. I don't know where you got that from. :lol:

Gipp was in a legendary group. Gipp by himself didn't do much solo. Gipp played his role but he wasn't the first or 2nd or 3rd best rapper in Goodie Mob.

I thought his album was great when I was 14 😭

She bang bang boom 🎶

2ABA3C36-5D94-4D24-92BA-2A7C21CF6BBB.gif

Gipp was in a legendary group, but as an individual Im sorry he is not that.

Last edited:

Name 10 Gipp solo hits or street records.

Feel like Pooh Shiesty gonna bounce back once released. Like he never missed a beat.

Name 10 Gipp solo hits

More Marketing and Promotion by a Label metrics

Speaking of which…**** like this may help put it into perspective.

If that was the club budget what was the radio budget? label money and trickery responsible for a lot of the **** we consider “classic” which is why now with no radio power / 106 and park to go directly to, ****s all over the place and they try to straight up force it with the playlist but it don’t work the same.

**** a hit. Name 10 gipp songs period.

Hell, I’ll settle for 5. Lol

Last edited:
One aspect of the Puff/JD versus no one seems to be considering is alcohol and Puffs temper/ego.

I know he does his wildin out behind the scenes but I could see him underestimating the situation and going off the typical brother love script if he gets in his feelings.

Back
Top Bottom