Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Sounds about right.
XZdtfaj.gif

Back when I was stupid when Nas said "QB" i thought he was saying he was ballin like a quarterback.

..........until he said:

"QB dont stand for no quarterback"

I thought he was talking DIRECTLY to me

:smh:
Funny that you said that... Just saw this video about warren sapp and nas. This may have inspired the QB line in that song.

This is producing.

Rap fans have a dumbed down view of what producing is. Producing is more than making beats.

Scott Storch made this beat.... But Dre produced. If you go back and watch Scott Storch describe how Dre's input on this beat helped him make it 100x better. You'd understand what producing is.

Dre can definitely make a beat better. I’d guarantee if one of y’all made a beat dre could throw a few things on it to make it better. Half the **** puff gonna play he did nothing but pay for the studio time and sign the artist. I guess we giving king louie credit for writing hits when he gave ye 1 line.

Dre can definitely make a beat better. I’d guarantee if one of y’all made a beat dre could throw a few things on it to make it better. Half the **** puff gonna play he did nothing but pay for the studio time and sign the artist. I guess we giving king louie credit for writing hits when he gave ye 1 line.
Except this isnt correct. Puff didn't make the beats but he picked the guys that did and gave them the direction of what he wanted to hear. Puff started out as an a&r so he was very hands on with the artists and producers, same way he is with keshia in that video I posted. Puff learned from the OGs themselves, Clive Davis and Quincy Jones. Neither of them made beats/music either but are all time great producers. I reiterate that raps fans have a dumbed down view of what producing is. Timberland, Kanye, Dre etc all had teams of dudes who actually made the beats for them as well. Yes, making the beat is a part of production and there are many producers who actually make their own beats but there are also many producers who don't touch the board at all. My point is that producing isn't exclusive to actually making a beat. Puff is the reason behind the sound of LAD, he directed Biggie and the producers to go that route and he sequenced the songs on the album that way. Just trying to open y'all eyes that there isn't a right or wrong way to produce.

Puff has a number of hits he put his name on

He's not going to get "humbled."

If you want to talk him as an actual writer and producer is one thing, not about his career and what he's been part of with Bad Boy and Uptown.
That man originally said JD was too small to box with God. I know that was that Harlem in him talking but it was disrespectful. Bruh bout to show him he’s on his level. Man I hope JD can pull some mess off and get Mase to perform “You Get Dealt With” with him lol.

Except this isnt correct. Puff didn't make the beats but he picked the guys that did and gave them the direction of what he wanted to hear. Puff started out as an a&r so he was very hands on with the artists and producers, same way he is with keshia in that video I posted. Puff learned from the OGs themselves, Clive Davis and Quincy Jones. Neither of them made beats/music either but are all time great producers. I reiterate that raps fans have a dumbed down view of what producing is. Timberland, Kanye, Dre etc all had teams of dudes who actually made the beats for them as well. Yes, making the beat is a part of production and there are many producers who actually make their own beats but there are also many producers who don't touch the board at all. My point is that producing isn't exclusive to actually making a beat. Puff is the reason behind the sound of LAD, he directed Biggie and the producers to go that route and he sequenced the songs on the album that way. Just trying to open y'all eyes that there isn't a right or wrong way to produce.
Back to what I said, it isn’t a good match up. Put puff against hitmaka then.

I think Puff wins. I hope he wins.

Don’t know what JD has contributed to the music world outside of So So Def.

When. JD bring out Mariah and Usher and possibly Jiggaman it’s a wrap for Puff

Puff can bring them out too :lol:

It’s Diddy we talking about here man. He’s actually tailor made for **** like this, and built his career to do something like this.

JD ain’t no slouch, and it’s probably closer than ppl want to think. But Puff just got too many joints from the early 90s, to the BS he released in the past decade, that some ppl **** with.

This is producing.

Rap fans have a dumbed down view of what producing is. Producing is more than making beats.

Scott Storch made this beat.... But Dre produced. If you go back and watch Scott Storch describe how Dre's input on this beat helped him make it 100x better. You'd understand what producing is.

You right but the thing is JD has done that type of producing too with Usher and Mariah. Puff is starting to get disrespected though when people just act like he a _ that's just around. :lol:

He put together the hitmen which created the badboy sound and all those hits. Puff know how put together a image. He helped develop Biggie and Mase. Style, image, videos all that goes into a artist becoming a star.

It’s Diddy we talking about here man. He’s actually tailor made for **** like this, and built his career to do something like this.

JD ain’t no slouch, and it’s probably closer than ppl want to think. But Puff just got too many joints from the early 90s, to the BS he released in the past decade, that some ppl **** with.

JD hits with those artists are much bigger than what Puff did with them!

And this is my point. JD is far from a slouch and is evenly matched with Puffy. I saw someone mention Diddy dancing, bruh JD danced too lol. It’s funny Puff would even try JD like that. Back then I thought Bad Boy and SoSoDef was linked up. Da Brat was on a handful of Bad Boy songs. Can’t forget Da B Side with her and Biggie, one of my faves! Puff was able to get her, with Foxy and Kim on the same song, video and all!! Puff need to make amends with some of his artist. Could be a real party if everyone was cool. This could be/will be legendary.

Don’t get it twisted, not a big Buff, I mean Puff fan, but there is no denying what he has accomplished.

What’s JD doing to play when puff hits you with the money mo problems/victory/ Benjamin’s combo? Cause as much as I love Xscape, he doesn’t have those kind of records to keep up

Put it like this ff JD bring out Mariah to do we belong together then Puff bring out Mase and the Lox to do the Honey remix we know who's winning that rd. :lol:
But he’s not bringing out Mase
So that rounds goes to JD

Once the crowd starts singing every song from Confessions it’s a wrap for Puff

Back
Top Bottom