Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Yea just watched that 2nd vid up there. Ain’t even know my dude lil MJ from BAD was there w/ him.

The Fredro thing sounded like some typical NY bs between ppl in the same circles and signals get crossed. They cross paths in person as outsiders in LA & it’s all love again.

She's been famous for most of her life :lol:

She's who she's always been. That's why it's funny dude was cool with posting videos and pics of her before.
Yeah… remember seeing a video of him pumping her up over the growth of the cheeks lol

There's a lot famous people that don't get the attention she's getting right now lol We all know that fame and attention is a drug nowadays, especially if you fell off and started getting attention again.

The funny thing is that the same women who are boosting her head up now were ignoring and clowning her a few years ago when she tried to warn people about Trey Songz:lol:

There's a lot famous people that don't get the attention she's getting right now lol We all know that fame and attention is a drug nowadays, especially if you fell off and started getting attention again.

The funny thing is that the same women who are boosting her head up now were ignoring and clowning her a few years ago when she tried to warn people about Trey Songz:lol:

Bro, she announced her pregnancy hosting SNL. She's never fallen off.

She's a child actor who has been working consistently since she was a child. She's been doing stuff on IG. This ain't new.

Dude should have never opened the door to their relationship by pressing send.

Bro, she announced her pregnancy hosting SNL. She's never fallen off.

She's a child actor who has been working consistently since she was a child. She's been doing stuff on IG. This ain't new.

Dude should have never opened the door to their relationship by pressing send.
I guess we have 2 definitions of what falling off is lol

We're in agreement about ole boy not doing what he did publicly. That's not what I'm referring to. I'm saying her being all extra about it now and throwing subs ain't the move either. 2 things can be right.

I guess we have 2 definitions of what falling off is lol

We're in agreement about ole boy not doing what he did publicly. That's not what I'm referring to. I'm saying her being all extra about it now and throwing subs ain't the move either. 2 things can be right.
I don't care enough to follow this kind of stuff, so this an honest question...what subs is she throwing? Doesn't seen like her style.

I only know her through interviews. But she seems extremely smart, down to earth...doesn't seem like the type to play into internet fodder.

IMG_9248.png

They'll attack him instead of discussing how true his comments are

Naw fab that's a double standard..drill & trap music are the most popular sub-genres of rap and have been for the past 20 years..stripper rap/*** rap is the same thing as trap music...is it right no but that's a conversation for the entire black community

There's more of a balance in men's music and I've been hypercritical of rap music.

From Nicki and Cardi to Meg and Latto. It's all the same. I think that's the biggest reason they don't sell. Nobody needs to buy your music, because it's 100 other chicks making the exact same music.

What's the difference? You like a hook or beat better?

****** need to get off that "women need to be humbled" mentally. It's weird. Like, its Keke Palmer.
This is what I hate about social media and the internet. You can comment on one specific situation and all of a sudden it's switched to hating every woman or man. Ish is stupid AF :lol:

IMG_9248.png

They'll attack him instead of discussing how true his comments are
I’m no historian on the female MC but outside of Queen Latifah and Missy (to an extent) who was getting major play without sexually charged lyrics and imagery leading up to now? And is the problem today about the lyrics being about the woman “getting hers” while getting over on men instead of all the ways they can please a man?

Growing up for every Jean Grae and Rapsody there were at least 5 other female MCs getting way more radio play being on some freak and/or gangsta stuff. I just don’t see what’s so different subject matter and imagery wise for today’s popular female MC than what we all grew up on the past couple decades.

I’m no historian on the female MC but outside of Queen Latifah and Missy (to an extent) who was getting major play without sexually charged lyrics and imagery leading up to now? And is the problem today about the lyrics being about the woman “getting hers” while getting over on men instead of all the ways they can please a man?

Growing up for every Jean Grae and Rapsody there were at least 5 other female MCs getting way more radio play being on some freak and/or gangsta stuff. I just don’t see what’s so different subject matter and imagery wise for today’s popular female MC than what we all grew up on the past couple decades.

Mc Lyte, Shante, Monie Love, Lauryn, Bahamadia, Ladybug, Rage, YoYo....

Back
Top Bottom