Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Sex, drugs, and violence sells. Which is why the artists promoted stick to those topics mostly. Yes, there’s a balance of different artists speaking on a variety of topics, but what’s promoted remains the same. Women’s rap is no different. As a consumer, we choose what to buy.

Not entirely true

This is like food deserts. If all you give the people is crappy food choices, most aren't going to be able to find healthier content. It's harder to get to and find. It's intentional.

Meaning the three biggest rappers in male rap shows there's diversity. Currensy can exist in the same world as Durk.

It's like Rhapsody, and two pop chicks(Lizzo and Doja Cat) who's audiences look like a jar of mayo.
The first thing I said was we have a lot of variety in male rap.

I'm talking about whats gets pushed first. New songs that get placement on radio/streaming are likely to sound more like a "Lil NBA Thug Durk" track before they sound like an Ab-soul/Larry June/JPEGMafia track. You can see this on the Rap Caviar/Rap Life playlists.

Same with women in rap; most of the tracks getting placements are going to sound like Cardi/Ice Spice/City Girls.

The difference is most ****** don't have a problem searching for/putting folks on to new and different music from male rappers if they don't like what's being pushed. I don't know too many who would bother doing that for female rappers.

Fab said he loves listening to female rappers that talk real ****. Cool, put ****** on then.

Not entirely true

This is like food deserts. If all you give the people is crappy food choices, most aren't going to be able to find healthier content. It's harder to get to and find. It's intentional.
I see where you’re coming from, but prime example of a consumer choosing in music at least would be Griselda. I’d never heard a single song from them on radio but they managed to amass fans. I’m not saying it’s easy to find what suits your tastes, I’m simply saying there’s many genres and artists within the genre to explore.

IMG_9148.jpeg

Most rappers don't. And Drake has.

"Cops are killing people with they arms up. And your main focus is tryna harm us?"

To be fair that was the first time he spoke on it in a 8 year career and it happened to be when it looked like Meek was finna get him outta here…convenient timing lol

He claimed they didn't green light that. He also claimed Gucci wasn't the one that actually killed Pookie Loc, one of his homeboys that was with him did. Who knows lol

Back
Top Bottom