Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I look at it as all of them contributed, but the others were replaceable.

Nelly had the look and chicks liked him, period. He was easily marketable.

Nelly allowed them all to get deals, now it's what you do with it as a man.

Either you become Tony Yayo or make your own way. I would say the same if I20 was crying about Luda or GLC was crying about Kanye.

Ali was on tour with Nelly until like 2015 or 2016. He was making his money. Now he’s demanding to get his money from an album that went Diamond, what’s wrong with that?

Murph and Ky haven’t said anything bad about Nelly. They have said that Country Grammar is a St Lunatics album because they all wrote those verses.

They’re all aware that Nelly was the star and Universal was focused on just him but Nelly isn’t making that album or song without St Lunatics.

Ali was on tour with Nelly until like 2015 or 2016. He was making his money. Now he’s demanding to get his money from an album that went Diamond, what’s wrong with that?

Murph and Ky haven’t said anything bad about Nelly. They have said that Country Grammar is a St Lunatics album because they all wrote those verses.

They’re all aware that Nelly was the star and Universal was focused on just him but Nelly isn’t making that album or song without St Lunatics.

Because you've had 20 years to get your money.

and you can go to a lawyer. Vlad ain't going to get you your money for you.

It's like he's trying to change public perception of him, when the public has no perception of him either way. And after doing it once, you become the old bitter dude whining. Never go Dame Dash.

You can never fault someone on how they respond to betrayal or disrespect. Even if you'd handle it differently. I always look at what started the situation over the response to it.

At the end of the day, Nelly could have done better by his people. I think that's the main thing to take from all this at this point.

He was crying over tuna bagels
IMG_0500.jpg

Last edited:
Because you've had 20 years to get your money.

and you can go to a lawyer. Vlad ain't going to get you your money for you.

It's like he's trying to change public perception of him, when the public has no perception of him either way. And after doing it once, you become the old bitter dude whining. Never go Dame Dash.

So he should stay quiet and accept not getting his money?

We don’t know how long they’ve been battling or if they’ve been battling before.

Nelly was the star and he has his melodies that blew up but he wouldn’t have made it without them. Take care of your people.

Y’all talking about this and haven’t even watched the other Ali or Kyjuan interviews.

Of course in hindsight we know it was a finesse but at the time he wasn't looking at it like that. I don't even think Nelly was looking at it like that at the time but his point is Nelly eventually could have made things right but didn't.

Made things right how though? Nelly wasn't Master P or Birdman. He didn't sign them. They signed under the same publishing company. Nelly bought his back, City Spud got his too. Again it sounds like Ali need to holla at Universal.

Yall gotta watch the interview before commenting lol He's not even claiming to want money he's just saying it would have been the right thing for Nelly to do is all. He said he tried to leave multiple times to do regular jobs and Nelly always begged him to come back.

Don't think it's a coincidence that Nelly stopped popping after he stopped writing.
I heard Ali’s albums ,I don’t believe him at all

Nope. It's the opposite. The St. Lunatic's buzz and Ali's relationships are what got Nelly on. They've all said this.

Crazy how yall get mad at these people for sharing their sides of things. If anything, I commend them for staying silent so long.

Ali was the leader of the group for like 4 years and they couldn't get a deal. Nelly took the lead and they got a deal.

Back
Top Bottom