Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Not sure how she does it. But she does it.

Mf’s going out and spending money on physical copies of her old **** in 2023. Can’t even hate on that.
She built a rabid fanbase, threw out key trigger words like “bullying” during contract disputes of her old albums, and her fans are supporting the cause.

I’m not clear on the legal aspect of it though. You can just rerecord and release remakes of previous works without being sued by the masters holder of the original recordings? Ashanti is doing the same thing - rerecording albums she doesn’t hold the masters for. Maybe it happens more often than I thought but I know Swift did it because her catalogue was sold for 300Ms that she saw not a single penny from.

So it sounds like Jeezy had the better album

giphy-downsized-medium.gif
It’s not even close. Rick Ross must’ve let Meek pick like 12 of the seventeen beats

Also, Mase repping Dipset :pimp:
IMG_5704.jpeg

I swear it sounded like a leftover from GFID, like it was made during the same studio session as “Hold Me Back” and “So Sophisticated”. Honestly there’s a couple tracks from the first half of that album that sounds like that. I haven’t seen a production credit list yet, but I was hoping for more of the usual Rick Ross sound than what I heard.
It didn't sound like the budget was there for the album tbh.

The bigger rappers keep claiming yo using em for content but at the same time making a bigger deal out of his comments for attention themselves…It’s all lame and silly :lol: :smh:

I’m glad I got in a position to eventually interact and know how most of these dudes really are, they ain’t bout nothin…they only threatening folks they think won’t ever call their bluff…Dee good , Jimmy won’t even confront yo unless it’s a cam and folks to break it up quickly around but I’m sure he already knows that and ain’t worried

So apparently they gotta new kayslay (rip) jawn that got 200 *****’s on it.

**** is literally a hour and sumn long. Lol

IMG_2122.jpeg

IMG_2123.jpeg

IMG_2124.jpeg

Madness, i tell you. Lol

Attachments

• IMG_2123.jpeg
    IMG_2123.jpeg
    921.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2123.jpeg
    IMG_2123.jpeg
    921.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I watched it for what FELT like a good amount of time, i tapped the screen and it was only 10 mins. Lol

Dude was wasting his time thinking he's gonna tell _'s that's been rapping about street **** for 20+ years to stop. Hov still rap about his dope dealing days and we all love it, Nas still rap about growing up around all them Queens kingpins and we all love it.

I can't blame Capo for reacting like that. Dee-1 was coming off real passive aggressive, high and mighty. Turk was telling him that on B-Highs show. When you try to guilt dudes with that "these kids are looking at you..." and you these dudes actively do things in the hoods they come from of course they gonna respond a certain way. We get it, in a perfect world there would no violence in music, tv, video games but that's not real life.

Back
Top Bottom