Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

All Mase gotta do is bring up that weird *** album cover Cam had :lol:

1701198476841.png
Idk if this is a hot take but I think that cover is kinda fire, no pun intended :lol:
No one but could Cam could pull this off though

For those who read books, the Jeezy book(Adversity for Sale) is pretty solid. I got like 40 pages left to read, but gives you a bit of insight on how life, or at least what he chose to reveal to the public.

The transition from Lil’ J to Young Jeezy is definitely a bright spot on the book.

You're all over the place.

You can still choose to buy that album, and Andre just outstreamed dudes with a flute album.

How has the music improved? So these dudes are going to start doing it for the art, huh :lol:

But you know damn well most people don’t buy albums when streaming exists lol, it’s like renting a movie digitally for 7 or 8.99 vs getting whatever streaming services it’s on for $10 or so a month. not many people are doing that individually in 2023

There would be no “stream to sales” conversion rate for music if people weren’t streaming at a much higher rate than they were purchasing albums but you of course know this lol

Don’t know what your last sentence is because that’s exactly what I’m saying. It went from the “radio record club record record for the girls” in Hov and 50 era to our current state of the mainstream where it’s super formulaic and people afraid to be real artists

In the underground you definitely have people like Billy woods or Griselda and co. or slums collective/mavi/Mike/etc who are going completely in the direction of artistic rap music that doesn’t give a damn about “sales” and they probably still get streamed millions of times. They should just start reporting “streamed __,000,000 times” and people will see you don’t gotta make bull**** to get a decent amount of streams over time. So yes to answer your last question

In the underground you definitely have people like Billy woods or Griselda and co. or slums collective/mavi/Mike/etc who are going completely in the direction of artistic rap music that doesn’t give a damn about “sales” and they probably still get streamed millions of times. They should just start reporting “streamed __,000,000 times” and people will see you don’t gotta make bull**** to get a decent amount of streams over time. So yes to answer your last question

****** gotta be more disciplined. ****** think life a BaHangBaRoes shoot. He was wIlding even when she wasn’t doing all this :lol:

Definitely gotta stay focused dealing with those chicks. I was messing with a girl that does 0nlyfans (not no big name chick) like a year ago. Sex was fire but other than that it wasn't gonna last. She smelled like weed all the time, **** like that was a turnoff.

I remember going to Target and buying that album. Great album, great production but there’s a good 3-4 terrible beats on that album. Ain’t Cha, Trill and Ride Around Shining.

Til the Caskets got some of my favorite Neptunes beats.

I remember going to Target and buying that album. Great album, great production but there’s a good 3-4 terrible beats on that album. Ain’t Cha, Trill and Ride Around Shining.

Til the Caskets got some of my favorite Neptunes beats.

See man :smh:

You be on point then you make a sharp turn somewhere else

This like the ultimate let your nuts hang/coke rap beat :emoji_fire:

See man :smh:

You be on point then you make a sharp turn somewhere else

This like the ultimate let your nuts hang/coke rap beat :emoji_fire:

I kinda like Ride Around Shining now. Trill not that bad to me either.

But Lord Willin still got some AWFUL beats, ****in trash.

Caskets Drop is severely underrated but it’s got like four garbage songs.

Back
Top Bottom