Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

That's a good one, Sai and Papoose

Danger of signing to a bad label, You had Just Blaze production and had appearances on a hot show. Plus the album was actually good.

Papoose got a check and still is relevant almost 20 years later, even though I never really cared for him

I like Mase but he might be another one that’s wildly overrated.
The best that that ever happened to Mase's reputation was his unexpected departure from rap. He never had to live up to an expectation. He never let anyone down with bad product on a consistent basis. He's benefitted from that big time.

It's kind of how some talk about 3 Stacks not having a solo album.

The best that that ever happened to Mase's reputation was his unexpected departure from rap. He never had to live up to an expectation. He never let anyone down with bad product on a consistent basis. He's benefitted from that big time.

It's kind of how some talk about 3 Stacks not having a solo album.
You get it. First album was great. Double up had a couple of songs, you can say whatever you want about it but it still came out and wasn’t good. All of his comeback attempts were trash.

Living off a 2 year run and one album if we’re being honest with ourselves

Have you guys ever heard some of the making of Double Up. That process was a mess. Puff had ghostwriters in helping him. Mysonne has talked about it.

Being from the west coast i never got the appeal of dudes like mase and Julez. They was trash to me in that moment in time. Looking back, I can see the talent now, but 99% of all that **** was corny to everyone not white or on the east coast

Being from the west coast i never got the appeal of dudes like mase and Julez. They was trash to me in that moment in time. Looking back, I can see the talent now, but 99% of all that **** was corny to everyone not white or on the east coast

Speak for yourself

You don't sell a million records just selling to one area of the country

Random but remember Saigon?

I remember he was beefing with Budden and Joe said "couldn't even get a deal on Entourage" :lol:
eh
he had that one beat
where everyone sounded better on it
than him
it was a just blaze beat
that "cmon baby"

Papoose got a check and still is relevant almost 20 years later, even though I never really cared for him
he had a song with king crooked like 3 years back
called overrated
he was spittin
but if im being real
he been known for being rem husband
more than an actual rapper past 6-7 years

trippin julez had IT
back then at least

My views on The Love Below are heavily influenced by the utter disappointment I felt at the time listening to it when it dropped. I was not expecting a project with almost zero rapping. Once I got passed that I rocked with Spread, Prototype, She Lives in my Lap, and Vibrate. I wasn't a big fan of Hey Ya and Roses but they are smash singles so add those into the mix. Then maybe there are another 2-3 other 'love it or hate it' type tracks. We talking at best 10 good-great songs out of 21...

I'm not telling anyone to change how they feel about that album or 3K. I'm just saying that was when I learned not to trust dude in the studio by himself :lol:

My views on The Love Below are heavily influenced by the utter disappointment I felt at the time listening to it when it dropped. I was not expecting a project with almost zero rapping. Once I got passed that I rocked with Spread, Prototype, She Lives in my Lap, and Vibrate. I wasn't a big fan of Hey Ya and Roses but they are smash singles so add those into the mix. Then maybe there are another 2-3 other 'love it or hate it' type tracks. We talking at best 10 good-great songs out of 21...

I'm not telling anyone to change how they feel about that album or 3K. I'm just saying that was when I learned not to trust dude in the studio by himself :lol:
Idc what anyone says
That **** trash

I thought The Love Below was great in high school and it's a classic now. Just played it like a month ago. Dudes wasn't really f'n with it back then, that was the 50/Hov/Lox/Dipset era. _'s wasn't really tryna hear that back then. It was really the music critics that love it. I wasn't surprised the direction 3k went cuz on Stankonia he was like 50/50 rapping and singing.

Back
Top Bottom