Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

When you think about it how did Juve, a 16/17 year old BG, and a few feature verses from a 15 year old Wayne stop No limits run they had prime Snoop, Soulja Slim, Mystikal, C-Murda, etc.

Honestly, Cash Money was more of a better representation of New Orleans - sound, image, lyrics…

Once P lost his sound (Beats By The Pound), it was over. He couldn’t adapt.

P wanted to make himself the front man too much and musically he's not great enough to sustain that. Ice Cream Man and Ghetto D are classics to me but after that he became a parody of himself and the biting got outta control. Da Last Don album he jacked so many Pac songs, **** was crazy.

Cash Money had Juvie and BG out front as the franchise players. Birdman ain't really start being out front until they left and Wayne wasn't really ready yet at that time.

Seriously though, how the hell was P getting away with so many samples? There’s no way all them joints were getting cleared, right?

Honestly, Cash Money was more of a better representation of New Orleans - sound, image, lyrics…

Once P lost his sound (Beats By The Pound), it was over. He couldn’t adapt.
This, but honestly BBTP started wearing thin even before they dipped. 1999 led off with Silkk’s ‘Made Man’, and outside of the singles, those beats just didn’t hit like anything from 97-98. 1999 was basically WCW 2000 for No Limit, and Cash Money was ascending FAST.

Another crazy thing about Cash Money was the amount of quality projects they released in such a short span. Off the top of my head, 96-00:

Chopper City, Get It How U Live!!, It’s All On U Vol. 1&2, Soulja Rags, 400 Degreez, Guerrilla Warfare, Chopper City in the Ghetto, Tha Block is Hot, I Got That Work

Outside of Ghetto Dope, I don’t know if NL dropped a project that was better than any of the listed above.

You forgot, How You Luv That, also.

Iono these NL albums were strong contenders: Unpredictable, There’s One in Every Family, The Streetz Made Me, Shell Shocked, I’m Bout It, Tru To Da Game, My Balls and My World, Street Life, Ghetto Fabulous.

I did forget about Shell Shocked. I was going to mention Ghetto Fabulous too but don’t think I’d listen to it over any of them album so I listed. The biggest problem with the good to “classic” NL albums was that they had too much filler, imo. I like Da Crime Family too but it’s about 1 disc too long :lol:

You’re right - it was a lot of fillers. The whole 2 Disc thing was too much. :lol:

The Streetz Made Me was Soulja Slim 2nd project - which came out I believe in 01 - was better than his first. It was the only thing that stood strong even against Cash Money - which where I think they declined in 01. They started signing Boo and Gotti, Mack-10, TQ, Teena Marie…(going through the same issues as NL)

When you think about it how did Juve, a 16/17 year old BG, and a few feature verses from a 15 year old Wayne stop No limits run they had prime Snoop, Soulja Slim, Mystikal, C-Murda, etc.
No limit killed their own run imo once P started trying to play ball and other ventures he was tryna jump into,guys leaving the label,investing more into gimmicks,changing label names,etc.I know in the city CMR was loved way more cause their sound was original and represented us more so than No limit whose sound was west coast/Bay Area based,also the music was better.No limit was pumping out a lot of music but it all wasn’t necessarily good either.

Another crazy thing about Cash Money was the amount of quality projects they released in such a short span. Off the top of my head, 96-00:

Chopper City, Get It How U Live!!, It’s All On U Vol. 1&2, Soulja Rags, 400 Degreez, Guerrilla Warfare, Chopper City in the Ghetto, Tha Block is Hot, I Got That Work

Outside of Ghetto Dope, I don’t know if NL dropped a project that was better than any of the listed above.
IMG_8087.jpeg

Early CMR :pimp:

One of my Favorite CMR album. That Big Boy Records vs CMR beef was serious….

I had Kilo G. I even had Ms. Tee album. :lol: They went a different direction when they dropped Ms. Tee - had to separate from that Bounce sound. Wasn’t she on Chopper City?

Quality > Quantity

People had to actually pay for albums not stream. You can't be releasing albums every two weeks and have two or three of them bad. People already felt they wasted $30 on you.

It's just like how Sony and DC releasing these garbage movies. Who's going to see Madam Web?

It worked short term, but with that many artists his run should have been a lot longer.

Nikki slurring or something when she talk recently.

Is that one of her multiple personas or something.

Remind me of Ana Nicole Smith when she was on pills.

Back
Top Bottom