Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

The second record is saying dude is stuck trying to make a response after being name dropped directly and people are making excuses saying he doesn’t need to respond at all even though he popped off first.

How long did it take Drake to respond to Like That?

Not hating and being objective as possible. At what point will the courts get involved when people start making fake songs/music with the likeness of others without permission?

Seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Not hating and being objective as possible. At what point will the courts get involved when people start making fake songs/music with the likeness of others without permission?

I could be 100% wrong, but I think as long as it isn’t monetized that it’s not actually illegal. So as long as it doesn’t hit streaming services, it’s, like how mixtapes can’t unless they get all the samples cleared.

IMG_1410.jpeg

“Art”

Did he get Snoop's approval?

and if I'm Pac's friends and family I feel a way.

If I’m any artist, I feel some type of way

This is literal the whole concern about the whole AI thing and I have zero clue why any current artist would do it because you know the higher ups want any excuse at all to further remove who they are obligated to pay for anything

This is why I’m always glad when I hear the lengths Marvin Gaye’s people go to

Tennessee has already passed the ELVIS Act (Ensuring Likeness Voice and Image Security).
Ironically named after one of music's biggest thieves

"Once the law takes effect on July 1, people will be prohibited from using AI to mimic an artist's voice without permission."
Last year, music fans responded with disbelief after an anonymous TikTok user used AI to simulate the voices of artists Drake and The Weeknd to create the viral song "Heart on My Sleeve." The artists' label owner Universal Music Group invoked copyright violation to get the song removed from platforms including TikTok, Spotify and YouTube.

other states might follow suit soon

So where do we draw the line in music, cuz Timbaland used it with Biggie’s voice…
That was trash too.

Where I draw the line in music:

If the artist didn’t personally record the verse, I don’t like ANY use of their voice or likeness in new recordings. On the flip side, how the Beatles had recordings that were trash quality but ai was utilized to cleanup and update the music, that’s not as bad but it’s close because who are you to say what direction an artist was going in a recording. Some stuff is a demo for a reason.

Also don’t like how Pac’s recordings were spliced, flipped, used and reused every which way they could.

Back
Top Bottom