Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Yea, the Pusha one was good. Watched it last night. Nore and Fat Joe are horrible interviewers though.
Joe be interviewing himself, man.:rofl:

Drink Champs fell off, but their last two with Push and Kis n Play were both really good, though. That had a long lull in guests. Hopefully with all this news they pick back up.

120k first week for a Bey and Hov album is real light. That can’t be right or does the Beyhive really hate Hov? :lol: I had them doing like 300k since they put it on all steaming platforms.

http://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=312310

I think all these ****** been cooking the books and we been falling for it. It's getting to the point where looking at one number and using that to determine if something was a success or not is no longer viable.

Nobody is "the guy" in hip hop anymore. Kendrick, Drake, Future, Migos and Cole can all make a case for being the "guy"As time goes on in the microwave generation I don't think one guy is gonna stand above everybody else. You'll have dudes that got their fans in different lanes.

I mean right now it ain't one new young rapper that stands alone. It's a bunch of 'em that's poppin for the time being.

Last edited:
Nobody is no "the guy" in hip hop anymore. Kendrick, Drake, Future, Migos and Cole can all make a case for being the "guy". As time goes on in the microwave generation I don't think one guy is gonna stand above everybody else. You'll have dudes that got their fans in different lanes.

I mean right now it ain't one new young rapper that stands alone. It's a bunch of 'em that's poppin for the time being.
Yup the new cats coming out now have less staying power than ever...at any random time its gon be somebody "on top" with a few hits or a couple albums then somebody next up...Doubt you see somebody be top dawg or close to it for a prolonged period of time

Honestly...Wale might take off if he just says **** it and embrace every stereotype people already think he falls under.

Just go full lame and infuriate everyone...and we'll be in here talking about Wale more than we ever have.

been saying since he was complaining on twitter about being darkskin that he should do exactly what joe budden did with creating content around the character ppl think he is.

After chance is defeated....the Everyman will finally fall.

Either the ball goes to them colored dread SoundCloud rappers...or it goes to the streets.

Hope it’s the latter. Meek, Lil Baby, Future, Gates (I guess), Youngboy etc.
Sorry fam but it’s not gonna be Future. :lol:
Some already consider him to be in the tier 1a (not with Cole/Kendrick/Drake, but at the top). It’s not gonna be Meek either due to the Drake thing. Some dudes will always see him as a walking L.

Any Neptunes and NERD fans?

I am wondering who is Pharrell talking about in this verse Lazer Gun

Who is Ganoo?

86ACDCCC-9E88-47CE-BB22-676BCCF0B542.png

Last edited:
I'm really interested to see who'll be "the guy" in about 5 years. Drake's run is coming to a close and so much has changed in the past decade it's hard to predict what's around the corner.

XXX gonna get that pac posthumous treatment for this gen depending on how much music he has left.

Chance
Uzi

and likely none of the above actually and some ****** we dont know exist rn

Somehow ended up listening to no frauds.

That clap at Remy wasn’t that wack in retrospect.

It’s just shether was so savage and everything surrounding the record was trash :lol:

Any Neptunes and NERD fans?

I am wondering who is Pharrell talking about in this verse Lazer Gun

Who is Ganoo?

86ACDCCC-9E88-47CE-BB22-676BCCF0B542.png

Minutes of research have shown me that there's a place in Malaysia called Terengganu and I think Filipinos are technically Malays so maybe that's where his mom is from.

I am probably wrong as hell.

In other Pharrell news I was listening to Am I High off In Search Of... earlier and it sounded completely different from the version I remember listening to so much. Come to find out these mf rereleased that album a year later with added instrumentation.

Minutes of research have shown me that there's a place in Malaysia called Terengganu and I think Filipinos are technically Malays so maybe that's where his mom is from.

I am probably wrong as hell.

In other Pharrell news I was listening to Am I High off In Search Of... earlier and it sounded completely different from the version I remember listening to so much. Come to find out these mf rereleased that album a year later with added instrumentation.

Yeah there was a studio version and an acoustic version of In Search Of.

I'm really interested to see who'll be "the guy" in about 5 years. Drake's run is coming to a close and so much has changed in the past decade it's hard to predict what's around the corner.

Yall fail to remember Wayne was still that guy and in his prime when he brought us Drake. Nobody knew Drake would become this guy. He was just a black canadian dude from Degrassi. He oversucceeded

Back
Top Bottom