Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Em spends the whole album acting like the mad rapper and taking shots at everybody more popular than him. How is that not a Drake diss :lol:. If the shoe fits

The thing is the more popular rapper rap about bs lmao. He killin them. Like did you not really hear em roast migos.

The thing is the more popular rapper rap about bs lmao. He killin them. Like did you not really hear em roast migos.

All I heard was em putting as many syllables together as fast as he could for 60 minutes. Like what's the difference between rapping so fast I can't tell wtf you're saying and mumble rap? It's like he went in the booth think I maybe if I spit this **** fast enough nobody will notice how wack it is. White tech 9

I can't find the 'when your girl comes to watch you hoop' gif but he's the audio version of that

Last edited:
Told ya'll no matter what em does, dudes who dislike him will only ever hear the same ****.

And :lol: at "gossip" disqualifying rap beef. That's 100% of rap beef. Because Shan and Marley Marl dem a rhymin like they gay.

I used to love em. Pause. Gave this album a chance and it's the same em I stopped listening to years ago. Punchlines corny af, hooks trash. He just doesn't know how to make good music anymore. He needs to get back on drugs

Everyone has their own opinion. He doesnt go rap god on each and every song.
Reference:

You worship d12's balls you're sacreligious. Yea this some trash. Word to Dre and that marijuana tape. Guess I gotta chronic case. Not even 4 bars in and he's fully washed

Last edited:
Album was fire to me for the most part. The good songs are really good.

I can get the "he's rapping too fast" thing but I came up listening to Busta, Twista, Bone Thugs, and Tech. I love deciphering and memorizing fast lyrics. So I'm all about it. Technical rapping is very impressive to me.

Em's breath control is crazy.

Pause
02828831-BB16-4415-9DFB-D1024901DF99.png

What Em is to me now is basically the inverse of what would be called a mumble rapper, except much more clever. Most of the draw is just based on his technical skill in flow & delivery... but not much is being said, there isn't real feeling to the music. Just like the mumble rapper who uses flows and harmonizing (usually with not much cleverness as far as wordplay) who also isn't saying anything of substance.

Em can't brag about not using ghostwriters when his music been sounding TRASH for the last decade :lol: Thats like bragging about not using steroids when you got a pot belly

The guy had the audacity to act like Revival was too complicated for the average listener :rofl:

That's what I really hate :lol:. That whole it's dope you just don't understand it aura he comes with. Em used to be funny. Now he takes himself way too serious on top of not being as talented as he used to be

I think Em does have a point in that tho, and that's not even based off him but just based off the critique of other rappers. There's a portion of "rap" fans who only want simplistic recycled *** flows & song structure. Em's patterns are anything but simplistic unfortunately these days those good flows aren't unwrapping anything really dope.

The talent thing is a tough point because while he's not as entertaining as he was, his technical abilities are wayyyy beyond his old stuff.

The "rapping fast and not saying anything" thing is wild too cuz dude was never really saying anything on the majority of his songs :lol: He's really rapping about the same **** he's been rapping about for years but at a faster pace with more focus on technique.

I mean there's nothing about Em's bars that are difficult to grasp. He acts like everything is over our heads. Like that skit where he's explaining that he was rapping every word in the sentence. If you're a comedian and you have to explain your jokes it's probably just not funny

He's really rapping about the same **** he's been rapping about for years but at a faster pace with more focus on technique.

His word play and punchlines are superrrr corny tho. He's worse than big Sean. If you're gonna hang your hat on lyricism you can't come with all these wack bars every track, no matter how technically sound it is

Last edited:
I often try to understand what exactly made me an Eminem "fan". His music didn't age well at all for me. What I thought was "dope" when I was 14, doesn't connect with me AT ALL at 32. The only value I see in it is his ability to technically rap well, nothing else.

I can throw on Reasonable Doubt, Illmatic, It's Dark & Hell Is Hot, etc. and they sound the same to me now as they did back then. Not with Em's music. As easy as it is to identify now how the "machine" force feeds artists to the public, it cheapens the idea of Eminem. He was/is a force fed creation by the machine.

He CAN technically rap well but so can hundreds of thousands of other ****** all around the world...white, black, latino, green, yellow, whatever. If I look at Em's career in retrospect, his music connected as a result of mass media manipulation and Dr. Dre, practically a music god....steering the ship on the music side. He's every bit as corny as you all think Logic, G-Eazy, and the rest of them ****** are. We just let him get away with it because we bought the "he can rap" hype.

Not surprised at all the industry just gave him the same "beef with everyone" rollout in a post-Hernandez music industry. I am surprised that so many ****** are buying this **** tho :lol:

His word play and punchlines are superrrr corny tho. He's worse than big Sean. If you're gonna hang your hat on lyricism you can't come with all these wack bars every track, no matter how technically sound it is

Hey man I like corny sometimes. I still listen to The Humpty Dance :lol:

I feel you though yall def not wrong.

I really think that's why he went the technical route tbh. He knew the corny and shock bars weren't holding up anymore so he just decided to out rap everyone he could to maintain his image.

What Em is to me now is basically the inverse of what would be called a mumble rapper, except much more clever. Most of the draw is just based on his technical skill in flow & delivery... but not much is being said, there isn't real feeling to the music. Just like the mumble rapper who uses flows and harmonizing (usually with not much cleverness as far as wordplay) who also isn't saying anything of substance.

Instead of a mumble rapper this dude is “jumble rapper”

Just saying a whole bunch of sht but not saying sht :lol:

Back
Top Bottom