Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Puff is washing JD, because he's a cheat code and will and can use everything from his Bad Boy/Uptown catalog and The Hitmen's production. Dude defined an entire era.

He can go any route, from R&B to Rap. From pop to street.

JD is very limited in the rap department. How much Brat can you play against Bad Boy? Funkdafied? Maybe Give It To Ya. Are I Think They Like Me and Lean With It guaranteed wins?

and not sure about y'all, but unless I'm with my chick, I'm not trying to hear a bunch of Mariah, Monica, Jagged Edge and Janet in a crowded setting.

That's why I keep saying JD needs to go against someone who would do predominantly pop and R&B. It's not a diss. Saying Drew Brees is good, but he's not Tom Brady isn't a diss.

Puff gotta bring out all these stops just to win? OKAY.

you don’t want to hear R&B..... BUT PUFFY SAMPLED ALL THEM GREAT R&B songs from the 70s, and 80s.

Puff getting credit for s*** he ain’t even produce.

This ain’t the executive producer verzuz. What keys did the n_ push or instruments did he play?!!?!? Please

Puff rap “bag” ain’t even diverse outside of Biggie, ironically:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He ain’t produced none of them Gdep, Black Rob, or Shyne hits from 98-2001. F**** outtahere

Puff gotta bring out all these stops just to win? OKAY.

you don’t want to hear R&B..... BUT PUFFY SAMPLED ALL THEM GREAT R&B songs from the 70s, and 80s.

Puff getting credit for s*** he ain’t even produce.

This ain’t the executive producer verzuz. What keys did the n_ push or instruments did he play?!!?!? Please

Dude can you stop talking about sampling ,when you don't know what the **** you're talking about. I already showed it earlier.

You keep repeating **** that was written for him in a song, when that was a response to criticism from people who didn't know what they were talking about.

Go look at Chucky Thompson's, Amen Ra, Nashiem, D Dot, Stevie J production credits. You keep basing dudes careers off a handful of songs when they did hundreds.

And if it's not a executive producer versus, Puff shouldn't be talked about anyway...which he shouldn't. Because his **** is more Bad Boy versus Def Jam/Rocafella/Death Row.

Which is why Puff shouldn't be discussed.

Verzuz is not about who got a royalty check.

I don't know what the **** you talking about.

I think you just missing my point to talk about other ****.

If JD plays Bow Wow thats an automatic L for that round. Puff could play anything to beat that.

I'm not talking about legacies or how its a win/win or any of that.

I'm talking about the actual match round for round.

I don't think you even know what you're talking about. It's coming entirely from a singular point of view. You can keep score if you want to. More people will tune in for the entire spectacle of it all, along with the nostalgia that both sides bring to the table. Ws and Ls are really only notional for this. Just enjoy the damn show :lol:

I don't think you even know what you're talking about. It's coming entirely from a singular point of view. You can keep score if you want to. More people will tune in for the entire spectacle of it all, along with the nostalgia that both sides bring to the table. Ws and Ls are really only notional for this. Just enjoy the damn show :lol:

Nah, when it's a blow out, it's noticed

It was noticeable with 2 Chainz, Fab, Diplomats, Fat Joe...

It's cool when it's a respectable match. Not when it looks like that Alabama and Miami game two weeks ago.

Joyner on Twitter airing out Karen Civil for stealing 60 bands from him. :smh:

OptimisticHonestAmericancicada-size_restricted.gif

I started looking at her funny when she was doing the Hillary Clinton thing.

biggest record never means best or most loved

I used the word biggest for a reason.

If Puff plays all her best music that means he won't be playing someone else's best records for like 6 rounds and her biggest record will ring off even crazier if Dre held it and played it after another Mary record :lol:

Like I said you're talking about something else entirely :lol:

Not sure why you quoted me to begin with. What I stated was pretty clear.

I'm not talking about ppl tuning in or it being a celebration.

I saw a comment on IG that said Puff is as much as an Executive Producer as Asahd is to DJ Khaled :lol:

That's wild, but he got final approval and showed up in some sessions.

He shouldn't even be in the discussions IMO. Dame was an executive producer, and nobody is asking him to do a Verzuz.

Babyface wasn't playing LaFace **** he wasn't involved with.

But then you see stuff like Fat Joe playing a Pun record he wasn't even on and it throws off things.

Nah, when it's a blow out, it's noticed

It was noticeable with 2 Chainz, Fab, Diplomats, Fat Joe...

It's cool when it's a respectable match. Not when it looks like that Alabama and Miami game two weeks ago.

But, this isn’t exactly a blowout. These artists don’t hold the same reverence for their own music that we do. It’s not an even comparison to a sport. Regardless of success, these records will hit a little different on that big stage.

Like I said you're talking about something else entirely :lol:

Not sure why you quoted me to begin with. What I stated was pretty clear.

I'm not talking about ppl tuning in or it being a celebration.

Got it. You’re just talking about you, aside from the millions of other people who will be watching.

OptimisticHonestAmericancicada-size_restricted.gif

I started looking at her funny when she was doing the Hillary Clinton thing.

Over the past decade, decade and a half I knew it was something about her that I didn’t like. Dating back to the mid to late 2000s. She just seemed untrustworthy. This before I even knew about her thefts. She’s an opportunist.

Them zoes WILL scam you too :lol:

Got it. You’re just talking about you, aside from the millions of other people who will be watching.
You can keep pretending like you don't know. Its not like i give a **** what you think about it. Its not like i asked you :lol:

These versuz go one of three ways; a celebration like Alicia and John Legend, a bloodbath like Lox and the Dips or its ****ing whack.

If you watched the video you know what type of time JD and Puff are on. Its gonna be **** talking and a competitive vibe each round. At the end they'll show love.

Miss me like millions of other ppl wont be keeping score.

Back
Top Bottom