Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Personally, I'm neither here nor there on Jack Harlow. Never really listened.

I can see where he may meet or surpass Drake by the "numbers", (whatever that means nowadays). But in terms of overall popularity - nah.

Simply because..Drake can play/has played the ambiguity card, but at the end of the day, we all know he's BLACK. There is only so much appeal a white rapper can have to Black females (a major music market share).

Personally, I'm neither here nor there on Jack Harlow. Never really listened.

I can see where he may meet or surpass Drake by the "numbers", (whatever that means nowadays). But in terms of overall popularity - nah.

Simply because..Drake can play/has played the ambiguity card, but at the end of the day, we all know he's BLACK. There is only so much appeal a white rapper can have to Black females (a major music market share).
I'd say landscape of rap has changed quite a bit. White people listen to rap way more than ever and they BEEN waiting for their new Eminem, for their new champion. THEY tried with Malone but his white trash imagery might have been too much for them. harlow will profit from that AND the similarity of his music to drake's as well as their relatively close imagery and aesthetics will sure as **** help him be the next It-thing

Never ever listened.
That part tho 💯

Gotta check this out. Shy normally come out the cut with something nice.

One of the more consistent rappers of the past decade in his lane on the humble. Never fell off. Never got too big. Just pretty much stayed in his lane and kept doing him.

Also got a lot better as a rapper/artist. I know Shy going have a banger every other year in my rotation. Good enough for me.

IM
One of the reasons that machine talk/need to put $$ behind him to work spill is lost on me. Dude is so marketable it's insane.

Jack Harlow is an industry plant right? Am I doing this right?

:lol:
Came from the same ppl as Uzi (Drama & Cannon)
Harlow def filling that (more urban) Mac Miller lane but you jumping out the window with the Drake comparison. Not to mention Drake had a bigger machine when he came out

One of the more consistent rappers of the past decade in his lane on the humble. Never fell off. Never got too big. Just pretty much stayed in his lane and kept doing him.

Also got a lot better as a rapper/artist. I know Shy going have a banger every other year in my rotation. Good enough for me.
Word. I mess with all the Young Jefe tapes the most. Wasn’t feeling that Hawaiian style he went to :lol:. Also put me on to No Savage and I mess with his last tape Life of a Savage 2.

Word. I mess with all the Young Jefe tapes the most. Wasn’t feeling that Hawaiian style he went to :lol:. Also put me on to No Savage and I mess with his last tape Life of a Savage 2.

No Savage is hard. That tape got some bangers. Was playing it yesterday. It’s kinda wild this get slept on. But the attention and market just ain’t there

Waikiki Flow was tough. You tripping

I'd say landscape of rap has changed quite a bit. White people listen to rap way more than ever and they BEEN waiting for their new Eminem, for their new champion. THEY tried with Malone but his white trash imagery might have been too much for them. harlow will profit from that AND the similarity of his music to drake's as well as their relatively close imagery and aesthetics will sure as **** help him be the next It-thing

That part tho 💯

Shoulda been Mac Miller ;-(

And yes, Mac has a MUCH better catalog than Eminem.

Fat Trel was a better than Shy by a country mile but he can’t stay outta jail/off drugs long enough to get his **** together.

Yup. It’s over for Trel. He could’ve EASILY shared that lane with Meek Mill but got fumblitis.

I stayed playing Trel music. Dude had it all for real.

The EST Gee’s, Peezy’s, etc. Trel would’ve been huge man. Smh. And he had the female audience

Always wondered how rappers from the mid Atlantic area on like a Glizzy level show bookings be looking like…Kind of a weird spot cuz it ain’t as big as the south to have shows booked up non stop everywhere and don’t know how big the fan base is the rest of the country …Figured that’s why most move to ATL , but Glizzy stays in DC

It’s tough to blow up as a rapper from round here, which is wild cuz the kinda **** that everybody likes is out here

Back
Top Bottom