Rappers on NT how do yall feel about this Lil B fame?

*cooks while cooking*

ELLEN DEGENERES..... ELLEN DEGENERES.....

and that's where it stops. Me personally, I think dude is lame outside of his adlibs and the dance. I've tried listening, even to the "good stuff" people post when they say he is being lyrical---DUDE IS STILL WHACK. Then his basedgod songs are downright offensive....like I can't even listen to it.
30t6p3b.gif
I honestly don't know how anybody can stomach lyrics that un-artistically vulgar, but to each his own. But like everyone is saying, he found a role/lane and wasn't nobody really in it. He even kinda made it down here to Texas, which is a LONG WAYS for Nor Cal. He sold out a show in NY, and NY foolies be hatin' on EVERYTHING
laugh.gif
He's legit, and I don't see him going anyway anytime soon. He gonna ride this thing to the wheels fall off....

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

Originally Posted by jefffort5

tyisny wrote:
The thing that i notice about every hiphop convo nowadays is that people discuss Everything ACCEPT THE MUSIC, i dont know any of these dudes personally and im not gettin a percent of they checks, so therefore music is the only thing i could judge them off.

While I agree with this sentiment it's wrong in this example. People in this thread and in the 175+ thread he has like his music and it's what we discuss. It just baffles yall mind that people actually like this music.

Oh yeah and it's EXCEPT*

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

Originally Posted by jefffort5

tyisny wrote:
The thing that i notice about every hiphop convo nowadays is that people discuss Everything ACCEPT THE MUSIC, i dont know any of these dudes personally and im not gettin a percent of they checks, so therefore music is the only thing i could judge them off.

While I agree with this sentiment it's wrong in this example. People in this thread and in the 175+ thread he has like his music and it's what we discuss. It just baffles yall mind that people actually like this music.

Oh yeah and it's EXCEPT*

Bottom line... if you seriously rockin wit this !%%# and believe in this N' as an artist, then you clearly don't have much respect for yourself.  Period

Bottom line... if you seriously rockin wit this !%%# and believe in this N' as an artist, then you clearly don't have much respect for yourself.  Period

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

laugh.gif
wow ok

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

laugh.gif
wow ok

He does have about 10 or so songs that I really enjoy. Like, all-jokes-aside enjoy. And cooking is pretty hilarious.

The thing with me is, it's funny for a couple of days...then it's not anymore. And I don't really do things to have a proper setting to listen to his music. I'm in my house more than anything. It's not headphone music. It's not sit around and listen music. It's music you listen to around people who "get" the joke and can laugh with you. I feel like they already have to be in on the whole thing. And most people I know have no idea who he is.

And I'm still convinced that this whole thing started out as a joke.

He does have about 10 or so songs that I really enjoy. Like, all-jokes-aside enjoy. And cooking is pretty hilarious.

The thing with me is, it's funny for a couple of days...then it's not anymore. And I don't really do things to have a proper setting to listen to his music. I'm in my house more than anything. It's not headphone music. It's not sit around and listen music. It's music you listen to around people who "get" the joke and can laugh with you. I feel like they already have to be in on the whole thing. And most people I know have no idea who he is.

And I'm still convinced that this whole thing started out as a joke.

High Horse n's. 
laugh.gif

Y'all actually salty that this guy found an untouched niche, getting out the music he wants to that's 100% true to himself, and has a crazy loyal fanbase?

That should be inspiration if anything for any upcoming artist. 

And I think it's far-fetched to say that this guy wasn't grinding just because his lyrics don't have not quadruple-entendres or some @+*#. 

Guy been rappin for a while. And it has become a part of his marketing scheme to release TONS of music out, and he's taking advantage of that luxury which is smart.

Wiz took a while before he got to his niche. Compare Prince of the City and Kush & OJ and you'll see what I mean.

Now, he's taking advantage of that route with his style. 

Music speaks a lot, but aside from the music, it's the ARTIST that people acquaint with fam. And people so happen to like B for what he stands for.

I really can't believe y'all salty at a young dude for that... being salty at his fans ain't gon' do you much help either. People enjoy B for what he is. 

Some of y'all too focused on the objective @+*#. You can't expect Jay-Z or Lupe @+*# from this dude cuz he ain't that.

If I were y'all I'd focus instead on what he's actually doing right...

High Horse n's. 
laugh.gif

Y'all actually salty that this guy found an untouched niche, getting out the music he wants to that's 100% true to himself, and has a crazy loyal fanbase?

That should be inspiration if anything for any upcoming artist. 

And I think it's far-fetched to say that this guy wasn't grinding just because his lyrics don't have not quadruple-entendres or some @+*#. 

Guy been rappin for a while. And it has become a part of his marketing scheme to release TONS of music out, and he's taking advantage of that luxury which is smart.

Wiz took a while before he got to his niche. Compare Prince of the City and Kush & OJ and you'll see what I mean.

Now, he's taking advantage of that route with his style. 

Music speaks a lot, but aside from the music, it's the ARTIST that people acquaint with fam. And people so happen to like B for what he stands for.

I really can't believe y'all salty at a young dude for that... being salty at his fans ain't gon' do you much help either. People enjoy B for what he is. 

Some of y'all too focused on the objective @+*#. You can't expect Jay-Z or Lupe @+*# from this dude cuz he ain't that.

If I were y'all I'd focus instead on what he's actually doing right...

Nobody is mad at dude for finding this so called "niche" the thing is that this niche is the reason other artist cant be themselves. The more a dude like this gets popular the more people find it acceptable to release music that in all actuality has no meaning. What exactly is this guy staying true too... ive heard some of his "deeper" stuff and he seems like hes pretty smart if you strip away his character so you know he doesnt act like this on a normal basis. He created a "Character" that got him interest and has stayed in that lane to profit how is that staying true to yourself
grin.gif

I'm glad hes out making money and grinding thats great for HIM but nothing seperates him from every other dozen rappers who are grinding just as hard but get no recognition because they dont wanna make silly #%% tracks. Dudes really be talking like hes a talented artist and infact hes not, dudes are just feeling his swag and take it overboard at times.

Especially on NT where i will see a person say (J.cole, Curren$y, Vado, etc sucks) then they have a picture of lil B in their avi. Everyone has artist that they like who may not be the best at what they do Fine. My problem isnt with lil B MY PROBLEM IS that people are openly accepting and promoting rappers to make music with no substance at all. And because of this artist who do care about what they release get no kind of shine because people rather listen to music that has no kind of work put in to it.

Nobody is mad at dude for finding this so called "niche" the thing is that this niche is the reason other artist cant be themselves. The more a dude like this gets popular the more people find it acceptable to release music that in all actuality has no meaning. What exactly is this guy staying true too... ive heard some of his "deeper" stuff and he seems like hes pretty smart if you strip away his character so you know he doesnt act like this on a normal basis. He created a "Character" that got him interest and has stayed in that lane to profit how is that staying true to yourself
grin.gif

I'm glad hes out making money and grinding thats great for HIM but nothing seperates him from every other dozen rappers who are grinding just as hard but get no recognition because they dont wanna make silly #%% tracks. Dudes really be talking like hes a talented artist and infact hes not, dudes are just feeling his swag and take it overboard at times.

Especially on NT where i will see a person say (J.cole, Curren$y, Vado, etc sucks) then they have a picture of lil B in their avi. Everyone has artist that they like who may not be the best at what they do Fine. My problem isnt with lil B MY PROBLEM IS that people are openly accepting and promoting rappers to make music with no substance at all. And because of this artist who do care about what they release get no kind of shine because people rather listen to music that has no kind of work put in to it.

You no longer need to sell mass amounts of records to be an artist w/ a buzz ... I personally look for artists who have the capability to expand their career to various markets, but there are some who can make a name for themselves by doing show after show, and creating their own buzz on the net ... Congrats to LIL B ... Even thought I don't really get it lol

You no longer need to sell mass amounts of records to be an artist w/ a buzz ... I personally look for artists who have the capability to expand their career to various markets, but there are some who can make a name for themselves by doing show after show, and creating their own buzz on the net ... Congrats to LIL B ... Even thought I don't really get it lol

I heard flex drop a bomb on I cook last night in da whip on my way to da club...... dude is gonna b the next big thing. I rock wit B cuz he's not afraid to be different, same with Cudi & Ye. He's on a path less traveled and he's doing him. Next NYC show I'm there top cheffing WOO!

I heard flex drop a bomb on I cook last night in da whip on my way to da club...... dude is gonna b the next big thing. I rock wit B cuz he's not afraid to be different, same with Cudi & Ye. He's on a path less traveled and he's doing him. Next NYC show I'm there top cheffing WOO!

Originally Posted by tyisny

grin.gif

That's the problem with cats like you. You think he created this character. You can't fathom that that is really him. You can't even grasp that one man could be at home joking and think to say some %*** like "I'm Miley Cyrus". If anything he's helping upcoming artists be themselves. Showing them "Look how $#$$#@$ crazy I am and people love it because it's authentic"  And again you keep saying no substance and mention Currensy and Violence & Drugs Only. You know how foolish you look? Like really?

Originally Posted by tyisny

grin.gif

That's the problem with cats like you. You think he created this character. You can't fathom that that is really him. You can't even grasp that one man could be at home joking and think to say some %*** like "I'm Miley Cyrus". If anything he's helping upcoming artists be themselves. Showing them "Look how $#$$#@$ crazy I am and people love it because it's authentic"  And again you keep saying no substance and mention Currensy and Violence & Drugs Only. You know how foolish you look? Like really?

lol im sorry but those "deep" rappers who aren't blowing up,,,isn't because they refuse to make "silly" tracks (not that they have the charisma to anyway),,,but because they sound like b grade versions of what people have already heard.

rappers like lil b create the first SPARK when you listen,,,because its a style you've never heard before,,,,you can hate it or love it, but its still one of the most unique styles out today and that speaks volumes.

lol im sorry but those "deep" rappers who aren't blowing up,,,isn't because they refuse to make "silly" tracks (not that they have the charisma to anyway),,,but because they sound like b grade versions of what people have already heard.

rappers like lil b create the first SPARK when you listen,,,because its a style you've never heard before,,,,you can hate it or love it, but its still one of the most unique styles out today and that speaks volumes.

Back
Top Bottom