Rappers on NT how do yall feel about this Lil B fame?

Originally Posted by tyisny

Nobody is mad at dude for finding this so called "niche" the thing is that this niche is the reason other artist cant be themselves. The more a dude like this gets popular the more people find it acceptable to release music that in all actuality has no meaning. What exactly is this guy staying true too... ive heard some of his "deeper" stuff and he seems like hes pretty smart if you strip away his character so you know he doesnt act like this on a normal basis. He created a "Character" that got him interest and has stayed in that lane to profit how is that staying true to yourself
grin.gif

I'm glad hes out making money and grinding thats great for HIM but nothing seperates him from every other dozen rappers who are grinding just as hard but get no recognition because they dont wanna make silly #%% tracks. Dudes really be talking like hes a talented artist and infact hes not, dudes are just feeling his swag and take it overboard at times.

Especially on NT where i will see a person say (J.cole, Curren$y, Vado, etc sucks) then they have a picture of lil B in their avi. Everyone has artist that they like who may not be the best at what they do Fine. My problem isnt with lil B MY PROBLEM IS that people are openly accepting and promoting rappers to make music with no substance at all. And because of this artist who do care about what they release get no kind of shine because people rather listen to music that has no kind of work put in to it.

You know this happened in 2003

Nobody is mad at dude for finding this so called "niche" the thing is that this niche is the reason other artist cant be themselves. The more a dude like this gets popular the more people find it acceptable to release music that in all actuality has no meaning. What exactly is this guy staying true too... ive heard some of his "deeper" stuff and he seems like hes pretty smart if you strip away his character so you know he doesnt act like this on a normal basis. He created a "Character" that got him interest and has stayed in that lane to profit how is that staying true to yourself
grin.gif

I'm glad hes out making money and grinding thats great for HIM but nothing seperates him from every other dozen rappers who are grinding just as hard but get no recognition because they dont wanna make silly #%% tracks. Dudes really be talking like hes a talented artist and infact hes not, dudes are just feeling his swag and take it overboard at times.

Especially on NT where i will see a person say (J.cole, Curren$y, Vado, etc sucks) then they have a picture of lil B in their avi. Everyone has artist that they like who may not be the best at what they do Fine. My problem isnt with lil B MY PROBLEM IS that people are openly accepting and promoting rappers to make music with no substance at all. And because of this artist who do care about what they release get no kind of shine because people rather listen to music that has no kind of work put in to it.

You know this happened in 2003

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

He does have about 10 or so songs that I really enjoy. Like, all-jokes-aside enjoy. And cooking is pretty hilarious.

The thing with me is, it's funny for a couple of days...then it's not anymore. And I don't really do things to have a proper setting to listen to his music. I'm in my house more than anything. It's not headphone music. It's not sit around and listen music. It's music you listen to around people who "get" the joke and can laugh with you. I feel like they already have to be in on the whole thing. And most people I know have no idea who he is.

And I'm still convinced that this whole thing started out as a joke.
this.

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

He does have about 10 or so songs that I really enjoy. Like, all-jokes-aside enjoy. And cooking is pretty hilarious.

The thing with me is, it's funny for a couple of days...then it's not anymore. And I don't really do things to have a proper setting to listen to his music. I'm in my house more than anything. It's not headphone music. It's not sit around and listen music. It's music you listen to around people who "get" the joke and can laugh with you. I feel like they already have to be in on the whole thing. And most people I know have no idea who he is.

And I'm still convinced that this whole thing started out as a joke.
this.

eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
@ that sold out show in NYC. What size venue is that?

I always assumed everyone knew this was just an elaborate joke; but some of the fans in the videos look like they actually worship him seriously
laugh.gif
Not sure what to think.

eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
@ that sold out show in NYC. What size venue is that?

I always assumed everyone knew this was just an elaborate joke; but some of the fans in the videos look like they actually worship him seriously
laugh.gif
Not sure what to think.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

grin.gif

That's the problem with cats like you. You think he created this character. You can't fathom that that is really him. You can't even grasp that one man could be at home joking and think to say some %*** like "I'm Miley Cyrus". If anything he's helping upcoming artists be themselves. Showing them "Look how $#$$#@$ crazy I am and people love it because it's authentic"  And again you keep saying no substance and mention Currensy and Violence & Drugs Only. You know how foolish you look? Like really?

Yes but how is "I'm Miley Cyrus" followed by a bunch of adlibs and random #%@ quotes considered good musically. I guess i wont understand his so called "movement" fine but dont sit here and tell me that hes some brilliant artist because hes different. Different does not = good, Cudi does different music and its great because there is meaning their is actual emotion in the music, same with ye, 3k, cee lo etc.

I have heard Curren$y spit on real life subjects same with vado, whether i agree with their lifestyle or their subject matter is irrelevant because i know even if i dont relate other people do. Its hard for me to comprehend how any grown man can relate to "i'm a pretty #++$%" sorry but i know nobody who appreciates that. yall say its entertainment fine leave it at that dont go around here claiming that dude is this game changing "Artist" because he literally has the musical capability of 50 Tyson (And im a 100% serious about this). So if he acts like this normally(which i highly doubt) does that make it any better. what is so creative and new about acting like a fool. Im calling a spade a spade and dudes are getting their feathers ruffled.

After this convo i finally know how Kanye felt after the taylor incident
laugh.gif
. Its not an attack on Lil B or his success its an attack on the idea that hiphop has allowed itself to get to a point where you need no actual rap talent at all to be considered hot. Its damaging to the genre and excuse me for wanting an artist who represents it to have actual talent, not just swag. I understand the game has never saw anything like him but that's by choice its not because nobody else could do it, its not groundbreaking.... its because nobody has been willing to dumb down to an immense point like this.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

grin.gif

That's the problem with cats like you. You think he created this character. You can't fathom that that is really him. You can't even grasp that one man could be at home joking and think to say some %*** like "I'm Miley Cyrus". If anything he's helping upcoming artists be themselves. Showing them "Look how $#$$#@$ crazy I am and people love it because it's authentic"  And again you keep saying no substance and mention Currensy and Violence & Drugs Only. You know how foolish you look? Like really?

Yes but how is "I'm Miley Cyrus" followed by a bunch of adlibs and random #%@ quotes considered good musically. I guess i wont understand his so called "movement" fine but dont sit here and tell me that hes some brilliant artist because hes different. Different does not = good, Cudi does different music and its great because there is meaning their is actual emotion in the music, same with ye, 3k, cee lo etc.

I have heard Curren$y spit on real life subjects same with vado, whether i agree with their lifestyle or their subject matter is irrelevant because i know even if i dont relate other people do. Its hard for me to comprehend how any grown man can relate to "i'm a pretty #++$%" sorry but i know nobody who appreciates that. yall say its entertainment fine leave it at that dont go around here claiming that dude is this game changing "Artist" because he literally has the musical capability of 50 Tyson (And im a 100% serious about this). So if he acts like this normally(which i highly doubt) does that make it any better. what is so creative and new about acting like a fool. Im calling a spade a spade and dudes are getting their feathers ruffled.

After this convo i finally know how Kanye felt after the taylor incident
laugh.gif
. Its not an attack on Lil B or his success its an attack on the idea that hiphop has allowed itself to get to a point where you need no actual rap talent at all to be considered hot. Its damaging to the genre and excuse me for wanting an artist who represents it to have actual talent, not just swag. I understand the game has never saw anything like him but that's by choice its not because nobody else could do it, its not groundbreaking.... its because nobody has been willing to dumb down to an immense point like this.

I have heard Curren$y spit on real life subjects same with vado, whether i agree with their lifestyle or their subject matter is irrelevant because i know even if i dont relateother people do. Its hard for me to comprehend how any grown man can relate to"i'm a pretty #++$%" sorry but i know nobody who appreciates that. yall say its entertainment fine leave it at that dont go around here claiming that dude is this game changing "Artist" because he literally has the musical capability of 50 Tyson (And im a 100% serious about this). So if he acts like this normally(which i highly doubt) does that make it any better. what is so creative and new about acting like a fool. Im calling a spade a spade and dudes are getting their feathers ruffled.
You make a thread but we're getting our feathers ruffled? Nah G.

And when 50 Tyson can make a song like this I'll buy his album before these NT Rappers

I have heard Curren$y spit on real life subjects same with vado, whether i agree with their lifestyle or their subject matter is irrelevant because i know even if i dont relateother people do. Its hard for me to comprehend how any grown man can relate to"i'm a pretty #++$%" sorry but i know nobody who appreciates that. yall say its entertainment fine leave it at that dont go around here claiming that dude is this game changing "Artist" because he literally has the musical capability of 50 Tyson (And im a 100% serious about this). So if he acts like this normally(which i highly doubt) does that make it any better. what is so creative and new about acting like a fool. Im calling a spade a spade and dudes are getting their feathers ruffled.
You make a thread but we're getting our feathers ruffled? Nah G.

And when 50 Tyson can make a song like this I'll buy his album before these NT Rappers

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

he literally has the musical capability of 50 Tyson (And im a 100% serious about this).
eyes.gif

Im 50 Tyson, I'm 50 Tyson bunch of non coherent rambling............. I Cook, I Cook A bunch of non coherent rambling its the same *@!%. (and i actually like this track)

I understand he has some tracks where he spits forreal. But he has a flurry of songs that our lyrically and conceptually on point with a legit mentally challenged rapper
grin.gif

he literally has the musical capability of 50 Tyson (And im a 100% serious about this).
eyes.gif

Im 50 Tyson, I'm 50 Tyson bunch of non coherent rambling............. I Cook, I Cook A bunch of non coherent rambling its the same *@!%. (and i actually like this track)

I understand he has some tracks where he spits forreal. But he has a flurry of songs that our lyrically and conceptually on point with a legit mentally challenged rapper
grin.gif

eyes.gif

grin.gif
how are you comparing him to tyson when you yourself are saying that he can spit better than him? B's "dumbed down" songs are better than anything i've heard tyson do.

eyes.gif

grin.gif
how are you comparing him to tyson when you yourself are saying that he can spit better than him? B's "dumbed down" songs are better than anything i've heard tyson do.

Back
Top Bottom