Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

you would never simply say you're black

now you're saying you're genetically removed from African Americans

looks like you're trying to distance yourself

maybe OP can change the title thread to 'Why does Anton deny his blackness?"

and we can get people to pick and choose what points to argue with
basically...son completely oblivious to HOW taino and arawak tribes came from south america and spread all over Hispaniola, da island of puerto rico, and cuba...yet he wants to single out da dominican republic...
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

by us you mean hispanics....like Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Cubans.....that is what US is to you fam? There's notdifference in culture between Cubans and Dominicans?
duh..............we're all hispanic

so you're embracing one category of people who don't necessarily share the same culture over another.

damn do i gotta speak in sign lanuage to this !!%%@?

Agueybana.JPG

what part of da Caribbean was once all taino, conquered by Spaniards, mixed with african slaves, which gives us a unique Mestizo and Indio characteristics..

There are also DNA studies that show African American are more genetically similar to white Americans than Africans. 
roll.gif

basically...son completely oblivious to HOW taino and arawak tribes came from south america and spread all over Hispaniola, da island of puerto rico, and cuba...yet he wants to single out da dominican republic...
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

by us you mean hispanics....like Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Cubans.....that is what US is to you fam? There's notdifference in culture between Cubans and Dominicans?

But again, Arawaks covered the entire caribbean including the nations that didn't have their Spanish colonization taken away from them.  Had rule not been handed over to the English for some of the nations, would that make them hispanic as well?  It's like you can't make up your mind, is your hispanic identity based on Spaniard colonization or your arawak heritage? or just the fact that you speak spanish? because if it's the first two a majority of the caribbean are hispanic.  Just say it is what is, %%$! everybody.

There are also DNA studies that show African American are more genetically similar to white Americans than Africans. 
roll.gif

laugh.gif
eyes.gif

But again, Arawaks covered the entire caribbean including the nations that didn't have their Spanish colonization taken away from them.  Had rule not been handed over to the English for some of the nations, would that make them hispanic as well?  It's like you can't make up your mind, is your hispanic identity based on Spaniard colonization or your arawak heritage? or just the fact that you speak spanish? because if it's the first two a majority of the caribbean are hispanic.  Just say it is what is, %%$! everybody.

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I was listening to Tariq and he spoke about the video of the young teenaged girl speaking about how she isn't black, she is Cape Verdian, and how terrible black people are, etc, etc.
Can someone please post this video?

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I was listening to Tariq and he spoke about the video of the young teenaged girl speaking about how she isn't black, she is Cape Verdian, and how terrible black people are, etc, etc.
Can someone please post this video?

I just want to see that afro-latino special.I always found it amusing how people of african descent in latin america are generally looked down on.I pretty sure those arwak chicks in that pic ninjahood posted probably won't win a beauty pagent in dr solely based on skin color,In Brazil I find that crazy how the favelas is full of poor people of african descent and of native lineage.I've meet cuban's who looked black and where looked down upon soley based off of skin color. Outside of festivals and what not it seems folks of darker skin colors truly aren't respected and treated as equal in various latin american communities.Ninjahood brougt up great evidene and proof anton does too.

Edit Ninjahood seems to be saying his latino due to his culture and he is not black.

I just want to see that afro-latino special.I always found it amusing how people of african descent in latin america are generally looked down on.I pretty sure those arwak chicks in that pic ninjahood posted probably won't win a beauty pagent in dr solely based on skin color,In Brazil I find that crazy how the favelas is full of poor people of african descent and of native lineage.I've meet cuban's who looked black and where looked down upon soley based off of skin color. Outside of festivals and what not it seems folks of darker skin colors truly aren't respected and treated as equal in various latin american communities.Ninjahood brougt up great evidene and proof anton does too.

Edit Ninjahood seems to be saying his latino due to his culture and he is not black.

There is no "black" culture, that is my point
What would you call the culture practiced by blacks in America?

It sure as hell isn't African.

TELL ME THAT IF EUROPE NEVER SET OUT TO CONQUER THE WORLD THAT WE WOULD STILL HAVE A HISPANIC CULTURE!! LIKE THEY DIDN'T SPARK THAT @@!...

AM I LYING?
No you are not, but it is a very simplistic way to think about it. 
laugh.gif

TELL ME THAT IF EUROPE NEVER SET OUT TO CONQUER THE WORLD THAT WE WOULD STILL HAVE A HISPANIC CULTURE!! LIKE THEY DIDN'T SPARK THAT @@!...

AM I LYING?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

I agree 1000%
and it's wrong

but that's not the point of the thread

and if you want to make it the point then you have to address the whole world not just half of an island 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

I agree 1000%
and it's wrong

but that's not the point of the thread

and if you want to make it the point then you have to address the whole world not just half of an island 
laugh.gif

Ninjahood - I thought being 'spanish' meant being directly from spain? I thought Dominicans are hispanic, not spanish? Just wanted to clarify because the term 'spanish' gets loosely thrown around, it's like saying I'm "English" because I speak english and the British colonized Hong Kong where my parents are from, even though I'm 100% Chinese, that's what it seems like to me.

Ninjahood - I thought being 'spanish' meant being directly from spain? I thought Dominicans are hispanic, not spanish? Just wanted to clarify because the term 'spanish' gets loosely thrown around, it's like saying I'm "English" because I speak english and the British colonized Hong Kong where my parents are from, even though I'm 100% Chinese, that's what it seems like to me.

laugh.gif
eyes.gif

so you're embracing one category of people who don't necessarily share the same culture over another.

Agueybana.JPG

what part of da Caribbean was once all taino, conquered by Spaniards, mixed with african slaves, which gives us a unique Mestizo and Indio characteristics..
fair enough....but you call yourself hispanic/latino All latinos do NOT share the same heritage you just posted. You are the descendant of slaves brought to the  caribbean (SP). By definition you're just as "black" as anyone else. Your culture is Dominican, that's not what I'm arguing. Race is an arbitrary social construct, as are categories such as "hispanic". the fact that you're choosing to group yourself with one arbitrary label over the other is what Im arguing. Word to the pigeonhood pic I made.

laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Agueybana.JPG

fair enough....but you call yourself hispanic/latino All latinos do NOT share the same heritage you just posted. You are the descendant of slaves brought to the  caribbean (SP). By definition you're just as "black" as anyone else. Your culture is Dominican, that's not what I'm arguing. Race is an arbitrary social construct, as are categories such as "hispanic". the fact that you're choosing to group yourself with one arbitrary label over the other is what Im arguing. Word to the pigeonhood pic I made.

I'm not talking about skin color either. Latino is no more a culture than black is. Mexicans are latino. Peruvians are latino. Cubans are latino. There is a difference between these cultures.
ok let's hear it from you...what makes a Puerto Rican, Peruvian, and Mexican all latino and a dominican NOT latino......

by that logic doesn't that make Jim Jones, who is Aruban & Puerto Rican MORE latino then me, who's born of parents born in da dominican republic?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

AM I LYING?
laugh.gif

Thank you!

I'm not talking about skin color either. Latino is no more a culture than black is. Mexicans are latino. Peruvians are latino. Cubans are latino. There is a difference between these cultures.
ok let's hear it from you...what makes a Puerto Rican, Peruvian, and Mexican all latino and a dominican NOT latino......

by that logic doesn't that make Jim Jones, who is Aruban & Puerto Rican MORE latino then me, who's born of parents born in da dominican republic?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

AM I LYING?
laugh.gif

Thank you!

African Americans have a distinct culture. Im Nigerian American and "black", Ninjahood is Dominican American and Latino AND black.

African Americans have a distinct culture. Im Nigerian American and "black", Ninjahood is Dominican American and Latino AND black.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Dominicans ARE latino never said they weren't. My point is why are you latino (arbitrary label) and NOT BLACK? Jim Jones is Aruban and Puerto Rican and Latino...imagine is he went out of his way to say that he wasn't puerto rican. That would sound stupid would it not?

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Dominicans ARE latino never said they weren't. My point is why are you latino (arbitrary label) and NOT BLACK? Jim Jones is Aruban and Puerto Rican and Latino...imagine is he went out of his way to say that he wasn't puerto rican. That would sound stupid would it not?

Back
Top Bottom