Re: Why Dark-Skinned People From The Dominican Republic Refuse Their Blackness

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I was listening to Tariq and he spoke about the video of the young teenaged girl speaking about how she isn't black, she is Cape Verdian, and how terrible black people are, etc, etc.
Can someone please post this video?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I was listening to Tariq and he spoke about the video of the young teenaged girl speaking about how she isn't black, she is Cape Verdian, and how terrible black people are, etc, etc.
Can someone please post this video?

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Dominicans ARE latino never said they weren't. My point is why are you latino (arbitrary label) and NOT BLACK?
and what about the Caribbean title?
edit:

wow, that girl should have gotten smacked 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Eyrkel

I am i reading correctly ? are the Hispanic members on this forum with obvious pigmentation telling me there proud that Spanish conquistadors forcefully breed there ancestors like cattle in order to exploit and make a profit off of there hard labor and have not seen a dime out of these profits that have made and built modern cities in Spain ? guarantee if any of the members who are claiming to be Hispanic were to go to Spain they would not be received by the Spanish of Spain with open arms.
no crap 
eyes.gif

it is what it is, at least we know our history

and you don't see us walking around with our heads low asking for reparations from Spain #jussaying
laugh.gif

Dominicans ARE latino never said they weren't. My point is why are you latino (arbitrary label) and NOT BLACK?
edit:

wow, that girl should have gotten smacked 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I am i reading correctly ? are the Hispanic members on this forum with obvious pigmentation telling me there proud that Spanish conquistadors forcefully breed there ancestors like cattle in order to exploit and make a profit off of there hard labor and have not seen a dime out of these profits that have made and built modern cities in Spain ? guarantee if any of the members who are claiming to be Hispanic were to go to Spain they would not be received by the Spanish of Spain with open arms.
no crap 
eyes.gif

it is what it is, at least we know our history

and you don't see us walking around with our heads low asking for reparations from Spain #jussaying
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

lol....yep imagine if Jamaicans said they were black and not caribbean. You get it. Replace ninjahood saying he's latino with caribean. I'm not black I'm caribbean, you see how ridiculous that sounds.

lol....yep imagine if Jamaicans said they were black and not caribbean. You get it. Replace ninjahood saying he's latino with caribean. I'm not black I'm caribbean, you see how ridiculous that sounds.

Originally Posted by 0cks

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

TELL ME THAT IF EUROPE NEVER SET OUT TO CONQUER THE WORLD THAT WE WOULD STILL HAVE A HISPANIC CULTURE!! LIKE THEY DIDN'T SPARK THAT @@!...

AM I LYING?
No you are not, but it is a very simplistic way to think about it. 
laugh.gif
Thank you!

It wasn't a compliment or affirmation.

TELL ME THAT IF EUROPE NEVER SET OUT TO CONQUER THE WORLD THAT WE WOULD STILL HAVE A HISPANIC CULTURE!! LIKE THEY DIDN'T SPARK THAT @@!...

AM I LYING?
laugh.gif
Thank you!

you lost me, no sarcasm

you lost me, no sarcasm

I am i reading correctly ? are the Hispanic members on this forum with obvious pigmentation telling me there proud that Spanish conquistadors forcefully breed there ancestors like cattle in order to exploit and make a profit off of there hard labor and have not seen a dime out of these profits that have made and built modern cities in Spain ? guarantee if any of the members who are claiming to be Hispanic were to go to Spain they would not be received by the Spanish of Spain with open arms. We can clearly see which nation had the bigger balls during the slave trade, thus the plight Haiti is now in.
you are reading correctly
smile.gif

this statement is very sad but i suspect its true
30t6p3b.gif

The lingering effects of european imperialism are far and reaching. For example think about the Rwandan genocide. They made the minority tribe with "more european" features in charge, after the Europeans left the majority tribe rebelled.

I am i reading correctly ? are the Hispanic members on this forum with obvious pigmentation telling me there proud that Spanish conquistadors forcefully breed there ancestors like cattle in order to exploit and make a profit off of there hard labor and have not seen a dime out of these profits that have made and built modern cities in Spain ? guarantee if any of the members who are claiming to be Hispanic were to go to Spain they would not be received by the Spanish of Spain with open arms. We can clearly see which nation had the bigger balls during the slave trade, thus the plight Haiti is now in.

It's brain washing that African = inferior... Haiti said @!* that... know they're not eating @ the table (really not too many countries are... some are just left to eat pig entrails etc.)

you are reading correctly
smile.gif

this statement is very sad but i suspect its true
30t6p3b.gif

The lingering effects of european imperialism are far and reaching. For example think about the Rwandan genocide. They made the minority tribe with "more european" features in charge, after the Europeans left the majority tribe rebelled.

It's brain washing that African = inferior... Haiti said @!* that... know they're not eating @ the table (really not too many countries are... some are just left to eat pig entrails etc.)

you lost me, no sarcasm

lol my bad....im saying ninjahood is as much carbbean as he is latino. He is as much black as he is latino. My only argument in this thread is about him insisting on getting rid of one label. That is all.

He lives in the caribbean, he speaks spanish=latino, he is the descendant of slaves=black/mixed.

I am i reading correctly ?
no, you're not reading correctly.

it's quite insulting how there's this small group of people on nt who feel like they like they have carte blanche to speak on race-related topics (and espouse their myopic ideas as "truth") so long as they can push their particular agenda on everyone else. when the sides get flipped they're always the first to reach for that racism lifeline

I am i reading correctly ?
no, you're not reading correctly.

it's quite insulting how there's this small group of people on nt who feel like they like they have carte blanche to speak on race-related topics (and espouse their myopic ideas as "truth") so long as they can push their particular agenda on everyone else. when the sides get flipped they're always the first to reach for that racism lifeline

you lost me, no sarcasm

lol my bad....im saying ninjahood is as much carbbean as he is latino. He is as much black as he is latino. My only argument in this thread is about him insisting on getting rid of one label. That is all.

He lives in the caribbean, he speaks spanish=latino, he is the descendant of slaves=black/mixed.

Are black Americans proud the White slaveowners forcefully bred their ancestors like cattle in order to exploit and make a profit.....yada yada yada.  It sounds stupid.

It's funny some use the word Hispanic, a lot of folks refuse to use that term and prefer to use Latino.

I don't understand what you are trying to get at, Latino's from every sect (Puerto Rico, DR, Mexico) all have their distinct cultures.

Are black Americans proud the White slaveowners forcefully bred their ancestors like cattle in order to exploit and make a profit.....yada yada yada.  It sounds stupid.

It's funny some use the word Hispanic, a lot of folks refuse to use that term and prefer to use Latino.

I don't understand what you are trying to get at, Latino's from every sect (Puerto Rico, DR, Mexico) all have their distinct cultures.

this....so why does ninjahood accept this label and deny "blackness"

this....so why does ninjahood accept this label and deny "blackness"

laugh.gif
Thank you!
Expound... you clearly understand it's true so why the hell would I take the confirmation of a true statement as a compliment?
"Water is wet!" "You're right!" "WOW, thanks for the compliment!" Cmon man give me a little bit more credit here
laugh.gif
The thanks was for the confirmation (duh)

Back
Top Bottom