Re: Why Dark-Skinned People From The Dominican Republic Refuse Their Blackness

Originally Posted by 0cks

White people made the rules of the game... gave you your language... spawned the hispanic culture... all you do is pay tribute to da whiteman...

god can this thread get any more lame?

between you, this lame smooth b character and a few other racist trolls on here, i'd swear you all are just doing this for the attention you don't receive in the real world

White people made the rules of the game... gave you your language... spawned the hispanic culture... all you do is pay tribute to da whiteman...

god can this thread get any more lame?

between you, this lame smooth b character and a few other racist trolls on here, i'd swear you all are just doing this for the attention you don't receive in the real world

Pretty much, some white overlords that colonized spoke english, some spanish, some french.  DRs are about as much arawak influenced as any other caribbean nation.  

Pretty much, some white overlords that colonized spoke english, some spanish, some french.  DRs are about as much arawak influenced as any other caribbean nation.  

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

There are also DNA studies that show African American are more genetically similar to white Americans than Africans. 
roll.gif

you would never simply say you're black

now you're saying you're genetically removed from African Americans

looks like you're trying to distance yourself

maybe OP can change the title thread to 'Why does Anton deny his blackness?"

and we can get people to pick and choose what points to argue with
basically...son completely oblivious to HOW taino and arawak tribes came from south america and spread all over Hispaniola, da island of puerto rico, and cuba...yet he wants to single out da dominican republic...
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

by us you mean hispanics....like Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Cubans.....that is what US is to you fam? There's notdifference in culture between Cubans and Dominicans?
duh..............we're all hispanic

so you're embracing one category of people who don't necessarily share the same culture over another.

There are also DNA studies that show African American are more genetically similar to white Americans than Africans. 
roll.gif

basically...son completely oblivious to HOW taino and arawak tribes came from south america and spread all over Hispaniola, da island of puerto rico, and cuba...yet he wants to single out da dominican republic...
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

by us you mean hispanics....like Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Cubans.....that is what US is to you fam? There's notdifference in culture between Cubans and Dominicans?

so you're embracing one category of people who don't necessarily share the same culture over another.

White people  Spain gave you your language... spawned the hispanic culture... mixed tainos, africans, and spaniards all you do is pay tribute to da whiteman...  our ENTIRE hispanic heritage
fixed.

White people  Spain gave you your language... spawned the hispanic culture... mixed tainos, africans, and spaniards all you do is pay tribute to da whiteman...  our ENTIRE hispanic heritage
fixed.

he doesn't seem to understand that hispanic culture is just as arbitrary as "black" culture. He gets to group all people of the African diaspora into one category simply because he speaks spanish and eats plantains. He doesn't seem to understand that some "hispanics" have little to no african lineage
laugh.gif

he doesn't seem to understand that hispanic culture is just as arbitrary as "black" culture. He gets to group all people of the African diaspora into one category simply because he speaks spanish and eats plantains. He doesn't seem to understand that some "hispanics" have little to no african lineage
laugh.gif

Same thing...

People are so quick to say black people are obsessed about skin tone... WELL YEAH OBVIOUSLY! Generations of that being highlighted and being the reason for persecution naturally it's not easy to just "get over it".

As a white person why would you even care about skin color? Your the default color, odds are the only time you see other colors is when you happen to flip to a channel that is showing some colored folk... You don't think their forefathers set the table for things to be this way? Don't even have to be racist in an overt manner, let the conditioning do the work...

I ain't even mad tho...

Same thing...

People are so quick to say black people are obsessed about skin tone... WELL YEAH OBVIOUSLY! Generations of that being highlighted and being the reason for persecution naturally it's not easy to just "get over it".

As a white person why would you even care about skin color? Your the default color, odds are the only time you see other colors is when you happen to flip to a channel that is showing some colored folk... You don't think their forefathers set the table for things to be this way? Don't even have to be racist in an overt manner, let the conditioning do the work...

I ain't even mad tho...

fixed.
1. Spain = white as they come homie
laugh.gif

2. Europe is responsible for globalization... "Plymouth rock landed on us, we didn't land on Plymouth rock..." They brought us all together...

fixed.
1. Spain = white as they come homie
laugh.gif

2. Europe is responsible for globalization... "Plymouth rock landed on us, we didn't land on Plymouth rock..." They brought us all together...

I don't have a problem with him saying he's Dominican......but I do find flaws in his logic when he says he's latino and not black. He doesn't realize how stupid that sounds. He has as much African blood in him than the people he considers "black". You and I are making the same point, black is not a culture.
How is the logic flawed when he is not talking about the pigmentation of his skin.  I truly believe he is referring to his culture.

Black is a culture, and you know it.  American Black Culture.

Did you type this in English?

laugh.gif
@ "spawned the hispanic culture. 
eek.gif
roll.gif

Anton- Why do you insist in simplifying a complicated subject?

Ninjahood (since he has become a target) is not black.  There is a difference between Latino and Black.  Why do you insist on chastising his choice of embracing his culture as opposed to his skin tone?

We can all trace our bloodlines back to Africa if you insist on it.

I don't have a problem with him saying he's Dominican......but I do find flaws in his logic when he says he's latino and not black. He doesn't realize how stupid that sounds. He has as much African blood in him than the people he considers "black". You and I are making the same point, black is not a culture.
How is the logic flawed when he is not talking about the pigmentation of his skin.  I truly believe he is referring to his culture.

laugh.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif

Ninjahood (since he has become a target) is not black.  There is a difference between Latino and Black.  Why do you insist on chastising his choice of embracing his culture as opposed to his skin tone?

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

laugh.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif

There is no "black" culture, that is my point. Very simple. I'm not talking about skin color either. Latino is no more a culture than black is. Mexicans are latino. Peruvians are latino. Cubans are latino. There is a difference between these cultures. Like I said, imagine me calling myself Nigerian and not "black". Or calling myself Ibo and not Nigerian.

Why does he get to choose one category over another?

TELL ME THAT IF EUROPE NEVER SET OUT TO CONQUER THE WORLD THAT WE WOULD STILL HAVE A HISPANIC CULTURE!! LIKE THEY DIDN'T SPARK THAT @@!...

AM I LYING?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

laugh.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif

There is no "black" culture, that is my point. Very simple. I'm not talking about skin color either. Latino is no more a culture than black is. Mexicans are latino. Peruvians are latino. Cubans are latino. There is a difference between these cultures. Like I said, imagine me calling myself Nigerian and not "black". Or calling myself Ibo and not Nigerian.

Why does he get to choose one category over another?

TELL ME THAT IF EUROPE NEVER SET OUT TO CONQUER THE WORLD THAT WE WOULD STILL HAVE A HISPANIC CULTURE!! LIKE THEY DIDN'T SPARK THAT @@!...

AM I LYING?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
eyes.gif

damn do i gotta speak in sign lanuage to this !!%%@?

Agueybana.JPG

what part of da Caribbean was once all taino, conquered by Spaniards, mixed with african slaves, which gives us a unique Mestizo and Indio characteristics..

Back
Top Bottom