Re: Why Dark-Skinned People From The Dominican Republic Refuse Their Blackness

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

The one obvious thing you can tell without speaking to that person.  But real talk though, why can't you be a black latino?  speaking purely on race and what we see with our eyes.  There are black people all over the world, the word black isn't synonymous to black american culture to me.  Is it such a terrible term?
"Real talk" why do you guys insist on labels?

So should I go around saying I'm a white Latino. 
laugh.gif

Figure $$#$ out amongst yourselves first (dark skinned AA's vs. light skinned AA's, ghetto vs. Uncle Tom, etc.) before you go around tossing labels at other ethnicities/cultures while throwing insults our way.  All I've seen is the belittling of Latino culture, by those that can't comprehend or understand it.  You know since Ninjahood considers himself Latino because he speaks Spanish and eats Plantains  (That's +@!$+$+ insulting whether you are naive, ignorant, or just a plain +@!$+$+ idiot.)

Expound... you clearly understand it's true so why the hell would I take the confirmation of a true statement as a compliment?
Your comment was insulting and condescending.  

latino culture? ive had mexican food and cuban food, they taste COMPLETELY different. And they are both latino. Latino is no more of a culture than "black"

If i'm coming off as belittling latin culture I apologize dude, that is NOT my intention.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

The one obvious thing you can tell without speaking to that person.  But real talk though, why can't you be a black latino?  speaking purely on race and what we see with our eyes.  There are black people all over the world, the word black isn't synonymous to black american culture to me.  Is it such a terrible term?
"Real talk" why do you guys insist on labels?

So should I go around saying I'm a white Latino. 
laugh.gif

Figure $$#$ out amongst yourselves first (dark skinned AA's vs. light skinned AA's, ghetto vs. Uncle Tom, etc.) before you go around tossing labels at other ethnicities/cultures while throwing insults our way.  All I've seen is the belittling of Latino culture, by those that can't comprehend or understand it.  You know since Ninjahood considers himself Latino because he speaks Spanish and eats Plantains  (That's +@!$+$+ insulting whether you are naive, ignorant, or just a plain +@!$+$+ idiot.)

Expound... you clearly understand it's true so why the hell would I take the confirmation of a true statement as a compliment?
Your comment was insulting and condescending.  

latino culture? ive had mexican food and cuban food, they taste COMPLETELY different. And they are both latino. Latino is no more of a culture than "black"

If i'm coming off as belittling latin culture I apologize dude, that is NOT my intention.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

But this entry still acknowledges race as a seperate entity.
should we find out whose family tree traces back to slaves, spaniards?
what if some don't?

should we assume every black person in America is traced back to slaves?

should we wear patches and divide ourselves while talking about paying tribute to the white man? 
laugh.gif
exactly...we're hispanic/latino....that should be enough.

why can't you be a black latino? 
its sounds ******ed, especially when you da math of what a latino is...you're basically telling me to say "your black, taino, euro + black"
indifferent.gif

what if some don't?

should we wear patches and divide ourselves while talking about paying tribute to the white man? 
laugh.gif

its sounds ******ed, especially when you da math of what a latino is...you're basically telling me to say "your black, taino, euro + black"
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by ittakesalittlebitmore

If we're talking race....I'm a black Jamaican (Caribbean culture), Ninjahood is a black Dominican (Hispanic culture), Anton is Black Nigerian (Ibo culture) and its not impossible for everyone to get along...because black IS NOT bad
you're making sure you don't drop the country
you won't say just black

never would you say that, because it would dismiss your culture

how about anton, everyone you meet from now on, you only tell them you're black, nothing more.

Not only is the reoccurence of this perennial topic lame....much as I hate to admit it because he comes across as a $%#@+%*, AntonLaVey is 100% right. I'm lost for words to understand how Ninjahood doesnt get it. Its logic as plain as can be.

I'm Jamaican, our motto is 'Out Of Many, One People' because we had Arawaks and Taino descendents on our island too just like DR. In fact Jamaica was a Spanish island until they handed it over to the English. I wouldnt claim to be hispanic of course because thats cultural, but at least I would never deny that I'm gentically black because thats by far the greater part of my genetics. Arawak / Taino / Spanish if any would be a misniscule part of my DNA or my looks by comparison if we had to go to a lab.

If we're talking race....I'm a black Jamaican (Caribbean culture), Ninjahood is a black Dominican (Hispanic culture), Anton is Black Nigerian (Ibo culture) and its not impossible for everyone to get along...because black IS NOT bad
That's what i'm saying.

Not only is the reoccurence of this perennial topic lame....much as I hate to admit it because he comes across as a $%#@+%*, AntonLaVey is 100% right. I'm lost for words to understand how Ninjahood doesnt get it. Its logic as plain as can be.

I'm Jamaican, our motto is 'Out Of Many, One People' because we had Arawaks and Taino descendents on our island too just like DR. In fact Jamaica was a Spanish island until they handed it over to the English. I wouldnt claim to be hispanic of course because thats cultural, but at least I would never deny that I'm gentically black because thats by far the greater part of my genetics. Arawak / Taino / Spanish if any would be a misniscule part of my DNA or my looks by comparison if we had to go to a lab.

That's what i'm saying.

you won't say just black

how about anton, everyone you meet from now on, you only tell them you're black, nothing more.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

what if some don't?

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

some people in this country are euro AND black...they never go out of their way to deny it. Some latin ethnic groups have no taino, black or european blood in them. Like I said, all you share in common with Peruvians for example, is the fact that you were conquered by the spanish.

what if some don't?

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

some people in this country are euro AND black...they never go out of their way to deny it. Some latin ethnic groups have no taino, black or european blood in them. Like I said, all you share in common with Peruvians for example, is the fact that you were conquered by the spanish.

you won't say just black

no....again missing the point. Im fine with people being specific about their culture. Latino is not a distinct culture. If I ask a Mexican what he is, he isnt going to say Latino. He will say Mexican. Do you get it? Ninjahood is as much "black" and he is latino. That's my point.

If someone asks me what i am, I say Nigerian. If someone calls me black Im not going to go on a rant about how I'm NOT black.

you won't say just black

no....again missing the point. Im fine with people being specific about their culture. Latino is not a distinct culture. If I ask a Mexican what he is, he isnt going to say Latino. He will say Mexican. Do you get it? Ninjahood is as much "black" and he is latino. That's my point.

If someone asks me what i am, I say Nigerian. If someone calls me black Im not going to go on a rant about how I'm NOT black.

what if some don't?

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

Oh no doubt you're latino and Dominican first, just like i'm Jamaican first, again just as much arawak/taino/euro roots.  But if the question comes up, i'm never gonna say i'm not black.

Originally Posted by Eyrkel

Why bicker about irrelevant issues ? At the end of the day were all human and share the same goals and interest. Non he less interesting topic 
nerd.gif

I didn't make this thread #though 
laugh.gif

and if you ask someone in DR if they're black... they'll say yes if they're dark, its not that serious

it's just in the US we don't because it's assumed to mean African American

what if some don't?

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

Oh no doubt you're latino and Dominican first, just like i'm Jamaican first, again just as much arawak/taino/euro roots.  But if the question comes up, i'm never gonna say i'm not black.

Originally Posted by Eyrkel

Why bicker about irrelevant issues ? At the end of the day were all human and share the same goals and interest. Non he less interesting topic 
nerd.gif

I didn't make this thread #though 
laugh.gif

and if you ask someone in DR if they're black... they'll say yes if they're dark, its not that serious

it's just in the US we don't because it's assumed to mean African American

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

you won't say just black

If I ask a Mexican what he is, he isnt going to say Latino. He will say Mexican
laugh.gif

it's funny how Ninjahood just stated his ancestry,
yet a thread stating he's rejecting his past is still going on
they only read what they wanna read thunderchuck.....to be latino/hispanic is to have black, taino, and euro blood in you

you ask a mexican if he's latino....guess what, he's gonna say he's latino/hispanic  or "hispano" (spanish)

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

you won't say just black

If I ask a Mexican what he is, he isnt going to say Latino. He will say Mexican
laugh.gif

they only read what they wanna read thunderchuck.....to be latino/hispanic is to have black, taino, and euro blood in you

you ask a mexican if he's latino....guess what, he's gonna say he's latino/hispanic  or "hispano" (spanish)

IRONMAN honestly to me Mexico has little to no ties with Africa. There is nothing to deny there.

However by comments I have seen you make in the past I am convinced you feel blacks are pieces of %!# that "complain too much" That mentality definitely falls in line with the social hierarchy we live in today... *shrug*

And if it makes you feel any better I believe Europe carved up Africa and spawned many BS "nations" that are not even real... if you feel REAL TALK is condescending then I don't know what to tell you. Never intended to insult anyone.

IRONMAN honestly to me Mexico has little to no ties with Africa. There is nothing to deny there.

However by comments I have seen you make in the past I am convinced you feel blacks are pieces of %!# that "complain too much" That mentality definitely falls in line with the social hierarchy we live in today... *shrug*

And if it makes you feel any better I believe Europe carved up Africa and spawned many BS "nations" that are not even real... if you feel REAL TALK is condescending then I don't know what to tell you. Never intended to insult anyone.

would you make a thread stating all children from slaves BETTER NOT FORGET THEIR WHITE BLOOD?

would you be upset if descendent's from slave-owners denied (or didn't know about) the white rapists in their bloodline denied their whiteness?

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom