Re: Why Dark-Skinned People From The Dominican Republic Refuse Their Blackness

it's funny how Ninjahood just stated his ancestry,
yet a thread stating he's rejecting his past is still going on
would you make a thread stating all children from slaves BETTER NOT FORGET THEIR WHITE BLOOD?

would you be upset if descendent's from slave-owners denied (or didn't know about) the white rapists in their bloodline denied their whiteness?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

The one obvious thing you can tell without speaking to that person.  But real talk though, why can't you be a black latino?  speaking purely on race and what we see with our eyes.  There are black people all over the world, the word black isn't synonymous to black american culture to me.  Is it such a terrible term?
"Real talk" why do you guys insist on labels?

So should I go around saying I'm a white Latino. 
laugh.gif

Figure $$#$ out amongst yourselves first (dark skinned AA's vs. light skinned AA's, ghetto vs. Uncle Tom, etc.) before you go around tossing labels at other ethnicities/cultures while throwing insults our way.  All I've seen is the belittling of Latino culture, by those that can't comprehend or understand it.  You know since Ninjahood considers himself Latino because he speaks Spanish and eats Plantains  (That's +@!$+$+ insulting whether you are naive, ignorant, or just a plain +@!$+$+ idiot.)

Expound... you clearly understand it's true so why the hell would I take the confirmation of a true statement as a compliment?
Your comment was insulting and condescending.  

latino culture? ive had mexican food and cuban food, they taste COMPLETELY different. And they are both latino. Latino is no more of a culture than "black"

If i'm coming off as belittling latin culture I apologize dude, that is NOT my intention.

Agreed, but this entire post and tone of your others is insulting to african americans.  I can understand the miscommunication and you feeling like you're being attacked so you go to the lowest common denominator, but rest assured not my intent, i love ya'll.
The end of the day throw a fat dominican booty in my face and she can be whatever she wanna be.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

The one obvious thing you can tell without speaking to that person.  But real talk though, why can't you be a black latino?  speaking purely on race and what we see with our eyes.  There are black people all over the world, the word black isn't synonymous to black american culture to me.  Is it such a terrible term?
"Real talk" why do you guys insist on labels?

So should I go around saying I'm a white Latino. 
laugh.gif

Figure $$#$ out amongst yourselves first (dark skinned AA's vs. light skinned AA's, ghetto vs. Uncle Tom, etc.) before you go around tossing labels at other ethnicities/cultures while throwing insults our way.  All I've seen is the belittling of Latino culture, by those that can't comprehend or understand it.  You know since Ninjahood considers himself Latino because he speaks Spanish and eats Plantains  (That's +@!$+$+ insulting whether you are naive, ignorant, or just a plain +@!$+$+ idiot.)

Expound... you clearly understand it's true so why the hell would I take the confirmation of a true statement as a compliment?
Your comment was insulting and condescending.  

latino culture? ive had mexican food and cuban food, they taste COMPLETELY different. And they are both latino. Latino is no more of a culture than "black"

If i'm coming off as belittling latin culture I apologize dude, that is NOT my intention.

Agreed, but this entire post and tone of your others is insulting to african americans.  I can understand the miscommunication and you feeling like you're being attacked so you go to the lowest common denominator, but rest assured not my intent, i love ya'll.
The end of the day throw a fat dominican booty in my face and she can be whatever she wanna be.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Some latin ethnic groups have no taino, black or european blood in them
like who? ill wait....

like mexicans? some mexican people have no European blood in them atleast not more European blood than African Americans. I shouldn't have said taino
laugh.gif
.....my point is not every latin person is a combination to the races you posted.

Mexicans are very different from dominicans but they are both latino.

like who? ill wait....

like mexicans? some mexican people have no European blood in them atleast not more European blood than African Americans. I shouldn't have said taino
laugh.gif
.....my point is not every latin person is a combination to the races you posted.

Mexicans are very different from dominicans but they are both latino.

Originally Posted by 0cks

IRONMAN honestly to me Mexico has little to no ties with Africa. There is nothing to deny there.

basically. Well unless you believe in Olmecs are actually African
nerd.gif
. Apparently African people traveled all the way to Mexico and created mexican culture according to some....no names.

IRONMAN honestly to me Mexico has little to no ties with Africa. There is nothing to deny there.

basically. Well unless you believe in Olmecs are actually African
nerd.gif
. Apparently African people traveled all the way to Mexico and created mexican culture according to some....no names.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by ittakesalittlebitmore

If we're talking race....I'm a black Jamaican (Caribbean culture), Ninjahood is a black Dominican (Hispanic culture), Anton is Black Nigerian (Ibo culture) and its not impossible for everyone to get along...because black IS NOT bad
you're making sure you don't drop the country
you won't say just black

never would you say that, because it would dismiss your culture

how about anton, everyone you meet from now on, you only tell them you're black, nothing more.
no....again missing the point. Im fine with people being specific about their culture. Latino is not a distinct culture. If I ask a Mexican what he is, he isnt going to say Latino. He will say Mexican. Do you get it? Ninjahood is as much "black" and he is latino. That's my point.

If someone asks me what i am, I say Nigerian. If someone calls me black Im not going to go on a rant about how I'm NOT black.

You hit the nail on the head

If we're talking race....I'm a black Jamaican (Caribbean culture), Ninjahood is a black Dominican (Hispanic culture), Anton is Black Nigerian (Ibo culture) and its not impossible for everyone to get along...because black IS NOT bad
you're making sure you don't drop the country
you won't say just black

never would you say that, because it would dismiss your culture

how about anton, everyone you meet from now on, you only tell them you're black, nothing more.
no....again missing the point. Im fine with people being specific about their culture. Latino is not a distinct culture. If I ask a Mexican what he is, he isnt going to say Latino. He will say Mexican. Do you get it? Ninjahood is as much "black" and he is latino. That's my point.

If someone asks me what i am, I say Nigerian. If someone calls me black Im not going to go on a rant about how I'm NOT black.

Dominicans ARE latino never said they weren't. My point is why are you latino (arbitrary label) and NOT BLACK?
and what about the Caribbean title?
edit:

wow, that girl should have gotten smacked 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Eyrkel

I am i reading correctly ? are the Hispanic members on this forum with obvious pigmentation telling me there proud that Spanish conquistadors forcefully breed there ancestors like cattle in order to exploit and make a profit off of there hard labor and have not seen a dime out of these profits that have made and built modern cities in Spain ? guarantee if any of the members who are claiming to be Hispanic were to go to Spain they would not be received by the Spanish of Spain with open arms.
no crap 
eyes.gif

it is what it is, at least we know our history

and you don't see us walking around with our heads low asking for reparations from Spain #jussaying
laugh.gif
oh snaps

Dominicans ARE latino never said they weren't. My point is why are you latino (arbitrary label) and NOT BLACK?
edit:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I am i reading correctly ? are the Hispanic members on this forum with obvious pigmentation telling me there proud that Spanish conquistadors forcefully breed there ancestors like cattle in order to exploit and make a profit off of there hard labor and have not seen a dime out of these profits that have made and built modern cities in Spain ? guarantee if any of the members who are claiming to be Hispanic were to go to Spain they would not be received by the Spanish of Spain with open arms.
no crap 
eyes.gif

and you don't see us walking around with our heads low asking for reparations from Spain #jussaying
laugh.gif
oh snaps

like who? ill wait....

like mexicans? some mexican people have no European blood in them

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico

Mexico (pronounced [sup]i[/sup]/ˈmɛksɪk/; Spanish: México [ˈmexiko]  (
13px-Speaker_Icon.svg.png
listen)), officially known as the United Mexican States[sup][9][/sup] (Spanish: Estados Unidos Mexicanos (help·info)), is a federal constitutional republic in North America. It is bordered on the north by the United States; on the south and west by the Pacific Ocean; on the southeast by Guatemala, Belize, and the Caribbean Sea; and on the east by the Gulf of Mexico.[sup][10][/sup] Covering almost 2 million square kilometres (over 760,000 sq mi),[sup][2][/sup] Mexico is the fifth-largest country in the Americas by total area and the 14th largest independent nation in the world. With an estimated population of 111 million,[sup][2][/sup] it is the 11th most populous country and the most populous Hispanophone country. Mexico is a federation comprising thirty-one states and a Federal District, the capital city.

In Pre-Columbian Mesoamerica many cultures matured into advanced civilizations such as the Olmec, the Toltec, the Teotihuacan, the Zapotec, the Maya and the Aztec before the first contact with Europeans. In 1521, Spain conquered and colonized the territory from its base in México-Tenochtitlan, which was administered as the Viceroyalty of New Spain. This territory would eventually become Mexico as the colony independence was recognized in 1821. The post-independence period was characterized by economic instability, the Mexican–American War and territorial cession to the US, a civil war, two empires and a domestic dictatorship. The latter led to the Mexican Revolution in 1910, which culminated with the promulgation of the 1917 Constitution and the emergence of the country's current political system. Elections held in July 2000 marked the first time that an opposition party won the presidency from the Institutional Revolutionary Party.

anton OBVIOUSLY doesn't know jack about latino/hispanic cultures....do more this post goes on da more you expose how little you know about latino culture

like who? ill wait....

like mexicans? some mexican people have no European blood in them

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico

Mexico (pronounced [sup]i[/sup]/ˈmɛksɪk/; Spanish: México [ˈmexiko]  (
13px-Speaker_Icon.svg.png
listen)), officially known as the United Mexican States[sup][9][/sup] (Spanish: Estados Unidos Mexicanos (help·info)), is a federal constitutional republic in North America. It is bordered on the north by the United States; on the south and west by the Pacific Ocean; on the southeast by Guatemala, Belize, and the Caribbean Sea; and on the east by the Gulf of Mexico.[sup][10][/sup] Covering almost 2 million square kilometres (over 760,000 sq mi),[sup][2][/sup] Mexico is the fifth-largest country in the Americas by total area and the 14th largest independent nation in the world. With an estimated population of 111 million,[sup][2][/sup] it is the 11th most populous country and the most populous Hispanophone country. Mexico is a federation comprising thirty-one states and a Federal District, the capital city.

In Pre-Columbian Mesoamerica many cultures matured into advanced civilizations such as the Olmec, the Toltec, the Teotihuacan, the Zapotec, the Maya and the Aztec before the first contact with Europeans. In 1521, Spain conquered and colonized the territory from its base in México-Tenochtitlan, which was administered as the Viceroyalty of New Spain. This territory would eventually become Mexico as the colony independence was recognized in 1821. The post-independence period was characterized by economic instability, the Mexican–American War and territorial cession to the US, a civil war, two empires and a domestic dictatorship. The latter led to the Mexican Revolution in 1910, which culminated with the promulgation of the 1917 Constitution and the emergence of the country's current political system. Elections held in July 2000 marked the first time that an opposition party won the presidency from the Institutional Revolutionary Party.

anton OBVIOUSLY doesn't know jack about latino/hispanic cultures....do more this post goes on da more you expose how little you know about latino culture

that's how it should be... if the person knows what you mean
it's assumed you or your parents migrated here.

edit:

when you see a dark Dominican with no accent, that is not assumed so they clear it up and give you a specific answer

that's how it should be... if the person knows what you mean
it's assumed you or your parents migrated here.

edit:

when you see a dark Dominican with no accent, that is not assumed so they clear it up and give you a specific answer

However by comments I have seen you make in the past I am convinced you feel blacks are pieces of %!# that "complain too much" That mentality definitely falls in line with the social hierarchy we live in today... *shrug*
Yep, could be wrong, but the few places with more African and tribe descendants are at the south of Mexico, other than that, it's not as prevalent as other places of Latin America. 
Sitting it out instead....

However by comments I have seen you make in the past I am convinced you feel blacks are pieces of %!# that "complain too much" That mentality definitely falls in line with the social hierarchy we live in today... *shrug*
Yep, could be wrong, but the few places with more African and tribe descendants are at the south of Mexico, other than that, it's not as prevalent as other places of Latin America. 
Sitting it out instead....

edit:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

no crap 
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
I am not African-American but i will stand steadfast with my brethren and say this, the sooner Spanish or Hispanic people as you like to be called stop moaning and groaning about the former Spanish territories they still claim that are now U.S possesions stop, you may criticize until then do not spew hypocrisy.  Open your eyes folks,  the two largest ethnic minority groups will soon be the majority. Why bicker about irrelevant issues ? At the end of the day were all human and share the same goals and interest. Non the less interesting topic

nerd.gif
what the hell are you talking about?

what hispanic people moan and groan about former spanish territories that are now in us possession?

the only people that might do that are a small fragment of people mexican descent, if at all, which in no way correlates to an entire group of "hispanic" people from different backgrounds and nationalities like you're implying.  i never heard a cuban talk about him wanting texas back, nor anyone from chile or colombia or  so on. - so stop with that bs.

let's first get the label "hispanic" and/or "latino" out of the lexicon 'cause it in no way serves to cover the entire group of people who happen to speak spanish in the americas. it's impossible to do so, because someone of, for instance, peruvian descent has very little in common with someone of puerto rican descent. got it?

only ones spewing hypocrisy are the few black people in this thread who do a pretty good job of showing contempt towards everyone (most of all one another other) while questioning the validity of someone else's cultural upbringing.

edit:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

no crap 
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
I am not African-American but i will stand steadfast with my brethren and say this, the sooner Spanish or Hispanic people as you like to be called stop moaning and groaning about the former Spanish territories they still claim that are now U.S possesions stop, you may criticize until then do not spew hypocrisy.  Open your eyes folks,  the two largest ethnic minority groups will soon be the majority. Why bicker about irrelevant issues ? At the end of the day were all human and share the same goals and interest. Non the less interesting topic

nerd.gif
what the hell are you talking about?

what hispanic people moan and groan about former spanish territories that are now in us possession?

the only people that might do that are a small fragment of people mexican descent, if at all, which in no way correlates to an entire group of "hispanic" people from different backgrounds and nationalities like you're implying.  i never heard a cuban talk about him wanting texas back, nor anyone from chile or colombia or  so on. - so stop with that bs.

let's first get the label "hispanic" and/or "latino" out of the lexicon 'cause it in no way serves to cover the entire group of people who happen to speak spanish in the americas. it's impossible to do so, because someone of, for instance, peruvian descent has very little in common with someone of puerto rican descent. got it?

only ones spewing hypocrisy are the few black people in this thread who do a pretty good job of showing contempt towards everyone (most of all one another other) while questioning the validity of someone else's cultural upbringing.

laugh.gif

I call people out regardless of color, race, creed, religion.

Do I feel blacks are pieces of $%%!? 
laugh.gif
  When did I say that?

Do I feel the race card is used too frequently?  Hell yeah.

Do I feel that blacks/African Americans are more sensitive about certain things as opposed to other minorities? Yes

Do I feel it's ironic that African Americans prefer equality for themselves as opposed to unity and equality for all minorities? Yes

Yes, I speak out often here (which I stopped btw) when black people on this board belittle the struggle of other minorities. 

laugh.gif

I call people out regardless of color, race, creed, religion.

Do I feel blacks are pieces of $%%!? 
laugh.gif
  When did I say that?

Do I feel the race card is used too frequently?  Hell yeah.

Do I feel that blacks/African Americans are more sensitive about certain things as opposed to other minorities? Yes

Do I feel it's ironic that African Americans prefer equality for themselves as opposed to unity and equality for all minorities? Yes

Yes, I speak out often here (which I stopped btw) when black people on this board belittle the struggle of other minorities. 

Hmm these people from Mexico look very European ninjahood.

Amazon-Tribes.jpg

medium_vanishing040308.jpg

Stop tryna push denial of ancestry on other latino people
eyes.gif

Hmm these people from Mexico look very European ninjahood.

Amazon-Tribes.jpg

medium_vanishing040308.jpg

Stop tryna push denial of ancestry on other latino people
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom