Re: Why Dark-Skinned People From The Dominican Republic Refuse Their Blackness

anton you of all people got a whole lot of nerve to be getting at anyone here

you're always arguing with dudes about being pigeonholed, labeled or put into some sort of box yet you've been the #1 culprit in this thread trying to do the same to others, especially ninjahood. it's pretty obvious the guy knows where he's from and proud of his cultural roots. because he doesn't see it the way you (or anyone else) wants him to no way in hell makes him wrong, "blind," or whatever other label you want to place on him

i see the point you're trying to make, as i really believe it comes from a different place than some of these other nickel and dime e-militants, but the results are no different and it therefore makes you wrong

you're always arguing with dudes about being pigeonholed, labeled or put into some sort of box yet you've been the #1 culprit in this thread trying to do the same to others, especially ninjahood. it's pretty obvious the guy knows where he's from and proud of his cultural roots. because he doesn't see it the way you (or anyone else) wants him to no way in hell makes him wrong, "blind," or whatever other label you want to place on him

i see the point you're trying to make, as i really believe it comes from a different place than some of these other nickel and dime e-militants, but the results are no different and it therefore makes you wrong

Originally Posted by 0cks

Why is Mexico even being brought up? Every Mexican I have met has had a ridiculously detailed/unabashed story of their lineage...

100%  Aztec Pride bruh

okay 25%
grin.gif

Originally Posted by 0cks

Why is Mexico even being brought up? Every Mexican I have met has had a ridiculously detailed/unabashed story of their lineage...

100%  Aztec Pride bruh

okay 25%
grin.gif

But yo, why cant you agree that you can be a black dominican, white dominican, asian dominican. Youre still dominican, you still have the culture, youre just a different race.

you cant say that al horford and ariza are the same race as jr writer and arod?

But yo, why cant you agree that you can be a black dominican, white dominican, asian dominican. Youre still dominican, you still have the culture, youre just a different race.

you cant say that al horford and ariza are the same race as jr writer and arod?

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Look, I don't understand why this concept is so difficult for some of you.  There's no "agenda." You guys are either just stubborn or not grasping a very simple point.

There is no "Black culture."

"Black" is a genetic and phenotypic designation. 

Being Dominican or even the term African American is a matter of nationality and can also be a cultural designation.

Ninjahood is of Dominican descent nationally and Ninjahood also has Black blood in him.

Just like someone can be from any nation but also have Black genetics mixed within him.

Ninjahood can be culturally Dominican but he is also genetically PART BLACK.

There is no "Hispanic/Latino culture" because the countries that make up Latin America are so diverse to lump them all into one overarching cultural designation would be ignorant. Peruvian culture is very different from Argentine culture.  You can say there is a Latin American culture within any of those individual countries (the United States for example) in which people share similar experiences, but to say an entire hemisphere of countries share one culture is just dumb.

So in conclusion, Ninjahood is genetically Black-African/Taino/Spanish and culturally Dominican American.  Anton Lavey takes issue with the fact that Ninjahood nonsensically in one sentence acknowledges that there is African slave in his blood, and then in the same breath denies he has any Black in him.  Because his family lived in the Dominican Republic... Black is the race. Genetically.  Dominican is the nationality.  It's not hard.

Thanks you.

Look, I don't understand why this concept is so difficult for some of you.  There's no "agenda." You guys are either just stubborn or not grasping a very simple point.

There is no "Black culture."

"Black" is a genetic and phenotypic designation. 

Being Dominican or even the term African American is a matter of nationality and can also be a cultural designation.

Ninjahood is of Dominican descent nationally and Ninjahood also has Black blood in him.

Just like someone can be from any nation but also have Black genetics mixed within him.

Ninjahood can be culturally Dominican but he is also genetically PART BLACK.

There is no "Hispanic/Latino culture" because the countries that make up Latin America are so diverse to lump them all into one overarching cultural designation would be ignorant. Peruvian culture is very different from Argentine culture.  You can say there is a Latin American culture within any of those individual countries (the United States for example) in which people share similar experiences, but to say an entire hemisphere of countries share one culture is just dumb.

So in conclusion, Ninjahood is genetically Black-African/Taino/Spanish and culturally Dominican American.  Anton Lavey takes issue with the fact that Ninjahood nonsensically in one sentence acknowledges that there is African slave in his blood, and then in the same breath denies he has any Black in him.  Because his family lived in the Dominican Republic... Black is the race. Genetically.  Dominican is the nationality.  It's not hard.

Thanks you.

Interesting thread.  Can be looked at from a variety of perspectives.  On one hand, you are what you're perceived to be.  If the world sees you as black, white, red, etc..that is the treatment you will receive. From a clutch of a purse to being picked first at the Y, you will receive treatment consistent with what society perceives you to be.  On an individual level, it's fantastic to know your where you're from.  Having knowledge of where you're from, should give you an appreciation of the opportunities you have that your ancestors(if you're a minority)would have killed for.  That being said.....anyone else think that we place an inordinate amount of emphasis on something we have very little to do with? 

Interesting thread.  Can be looked at from a variety of perspectives.  On one hand, you are what you're perceived to be.  If the world sees you as black, white, red, etc..that is the treatment you will receive. From a clutch of a purse to being picked first at the Y, you will receive treatment consistent with what society perceives you to be.  On an individual level, it's fantastic to know your where you're from.  Having knowledge of where you're from, should give you an appreciation of the opportunities you have that your ancestors(if you're a minority)would have killed for.  That being said.....anyone else think that we place an inordinate amount of emphasis on something we have very little to do with? 

everything you just wrote i already covered a few pages back, so basically we're saying the same thing, but from different perspectives

it's not even about one person on this board. most dominican people that i've met and known (and i've known plenty) don't deny their multi ethnic/racial heritage at all. they know their histories quite well, but they also don't take kindly to being lumped in with a very different culture, namely black american culture, which is what some of you have a problem with. it's not even about race though, it's a cultural gap that a lot of you can't seem to comprehend or accept and get your feelings hurt when some dominican people proclaim that they don't have anything in common with you all.

but yes, there are people on here with a clear agenda who manipulate these kinds of discussions as if it were a one way street

everything you just wrote i already covered a few pages back, so basically we're saying the same thing, but from different perspectives

it's not even about one person on this board. most dominican people that i've met and known (and i've known plenty) don't deny their multi ethnic/racial heritage at all. they know their histories quite well, but they also don't take kindly to being lumped in with a very different culture, namely black american culture, which is what some of you have a problem with. it's not even about race though, it's a cultural gap that a lot of you can't seem to comprehend or accept and get your feelings hurt when some dominican people proclaim that they don't have anything in common with you all.

but yes, there are people on here with a clear agenda who manipulate these kinds of discussions as if it were a one way street

reminds of the Chris Rock stand when compares N***** vs Black people, what he said was very funny but had some truth to it also

reminds of the Chris Rock stand when compares N***** vs Black people, what he said was very funny but had some truth to it also

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by Nako XL

So are we genetically black or white?

laugh.gif
@ someone's concern for Ninjahood rejecting his "blackness" has turned to the topic of genetics.

your mom has blond hair and blue eyes? she's probably a white mexican.  they exist.  not every european colonist mixed with native mexicans.  so you're partly genetically white.

and no one is attacking ninjahood for not embracing his "blackness".  the point is whenever someone mentions that some Dominicans are, in fact, Black ninja starts yelling "no we aren't we're Dominican, there's a difference." it's stupid.  one is a race, the other is a nationality.  it's a very simple concept that just seems beyond his and several others' grasps.

Back
Top Bottom