Re: Why Dark-Skinned People From The Dominican Republic Refuse Their Blackness

The irony behind this thread is, ninjahood claims to dismiss race.....but he really doesn't. To him the races are Black, white, Asian and South American.
roll.gif
Like a "black" person from this country can't be mixed with a lotta #$#@4

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Nako XL

so find a hispanic that doesn't doesnt have those 3 mixes....
laugh.gif
good luck with that.

Not all Hispanic people are of mixed blood ninja...
oh yeah? keep clickin them links b...find out how mexico, cuba, and all of central america had colonies, african slaves, and indians... 
laugh.gif
@ not all hispanics are mixed

Man_Exasperated.jpg

ninja... not every indigenous person or slave got raped.  not every single person in latin america is interbred with other races.  just cuz conquistadors were there doesn't mean every single person got knocked up by them.  not all slaves brought over mixed.  there are still 100% indigenous people in those countries.  Hispanic countries.

oh yeah? keep clickin them links b...find out how mexico, cuba, and all of central america had colonies, african slaves, and indians... 
laugh.gif

Man_Exasperated.jpg

ninja... not every indigenous person or slave got raped.  not every single person in latin america is interbred with other races.  just cuz conquistadors were there doesn't mean every single person got knocked up by them.  not all slaves brought over mixed.  there are still 100% indigenous people in those countries.  Hispanic countries.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

dude is acting like all the Europeans were going around having intercultural orgies and breeding one monotonous group of people. There is a reason color discrimination happens in many Latin American countries. Look at telemundo, you're telling me everyone in south america looks like that.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Not everyone in spanish america has the same genetic/racial compostion.

laugh.gif

Man_Exasperated.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

dude is acting like all the Europeans were going around having intercultural orgies and breeding one monotonous group of people. There is a reason color discrimination happens in many Latin American countries. Look at telemundo, you're telling me everyone in south america looks like that.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Not everyone in spanish america has the same genetic/racial compostion.

laugh.gif

Man_Exasperated.jpg

false.

laugh.gif

Man_Exasperated.jpg

false.

i understand everything you're saying but why would you (not saying that you do but this is how your post as well as ninjahood's posts are coming across) say that this is exclusive to latinos?

it is not.

there are plenty of african americans that have white ppl, native americans, etc. in their family, historically, as a result from slavery.

its actually typical.
I understand, but isn't that cultivated by the culture you are a part of.  It's easy to say "I'm black" when you can trace your ancestry back to the days of Slavery, and the family tree formed from there, in America.  Where it's been constantly drilled throughout the family tree: "You are black".

Just to flip this argument, if I see a light skinned black guy with colored eyes and ask him what he is, will he say he is white?  Nope.  Even though, somewhere along his lineage, some European blood came in the mix.  Will he ever say he is White?

Hell, some of you dudes probably danced in the streets when America voted in it's first BLACK President, when everyone knows damn well that he is Black & White....

Sing it #+$+%**$*+%%!....

My President is BLACK....

My Lambo is Blue....

Let's have this dance just because NH embraces his ethnicity as opposed to "race" which is a controversial social construct created by OUR oppressors.

i understand everything you're saying but why would you (not saying that you do but this is how your post as well as ninjahood's posts are coming across) say that this is exclusive to latinos?

it is not.

there are plenty of african americans that have white ppl, native americans, etc. in their family, historically, as a result from slavery.

its actually typical.
I understand, but isn't that cultivated by the culture you are a part of.  It's easy to say "I'm black" when you can trace your ancestry back to the days of Slavery, and the family tree formed from there, in America.  Where it's been constantly drilled throughout the family tree: "You are black".

Just to flip this argument, if I see a light skinned black guy with colored eyes and ask him what he is, will he say he is white?  Nope.  Even though, somewhere along his lineage, some European blood came in the mix.  Will he ever say he is White?

Hell, some of you dudes probably danced in the streets when America voted in it's first BLACK President, when everyone knows damn well that he is Black & White....

My Lambo is Blue....

Let's have this dance just because NH embraces his ethnicity as opposed to "race" which is a controversial social construct created by OUR oppressors.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

if latinos admit to being three races and know they are mixed why are they so racist against blacks.Thats really stupid to me hell why are racist against yourselves.
Thanks for generalizing an entire ethnicity, bro.  You are a winner.

You are a fool if you don't think the problem between these two ethnicities (black vs. brown) isn't a deep issue.  It isn't due to skin tone or genetic make up, it's two cultures clashing.

The way you worded your statement basically says that Latinos are racist to blacks for no apparent reason, as if the Latino community hasn't faced decades of backlash from the black community.  I've said it many times, some black folks truly fell they can wash their hands of racist beliefs based on their oppression at the hands of the "white man".  There's truly an aura of: "I'm black, I can't possibly be a racist", with some folks. 
30t6p3b.gif
Son u never heard of sarcasm

it is not.

its actually typical.

My Lambo is Blue....

colorism still exists within all of these latin american ethnic groups though.  you make it sound as if they are beyond it.

it is not.

its actually typical.

My Lambo is Blue....

colorism still exists within all of these latin american ethnic groups though.  you make it sound as if they are beyond it.

if latinos admit to being three races and know they are mixed why are they so racist against blacks.Thats really stupid to me hell why are racist against yourselves.

You are a fool if you don't think the problem between these two ethnicities (black vs. brown) isn't a deep issue.  It isn't due to skin tone or genetic make up, it's two cultures clashing.

The way you worded your statement basically says that Latinos are racist to blacks for no apparent reason, as if the Latino community hasn't faced decades of backlash from the black community.  I've said it many times, some black folks truly fell they can wash their hands of racist beliefs based on their oppression at the hands of the "white man".  There's truly an aura of: "I'm black, I can't possibly be a racist", with some folks. 
30t6p3b.gif

That's like me ranting about how South Africa is full of mixed Europeans and Africans....and no one of pure African blood exists in South Africa. Dude just implied that every spanish country that suffered imperialism was raped to the point were no pure indigenous people exist. You do realize there are indigenous tribes still living in the Amazon and other parts of South America?

220px-Quechuawomanandchild.jpg

[h1]Quechua people[/h1]
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Redirected from Quechuas)

Jump to: navigation,search
[table]Quechua[tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Total population[/th][/tr][tr][td]10,000,000 - 11,000,000
10 - 11 million
[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Regions with significant populations[/th][/tr][tr][td]Argentina, Bolivia, Colombia, Chile, Ecuador and Perú[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Languages[/th][/tr][tr][td]
Quechua languages, Spanish
[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Religion[/th][/tr][tr][td]
Catholicism adapted to traditional Andean beliefs
[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Related ethnic groups[/th][/tr][tr][td]
Aymaras
[/td][/tr][/table]
Quechuas (also Runakuna, Kichwas, and Ingas) is the collective term for several ethnic groups in South America who speak a Quechua language (Southern Quechua mainly), belonging to several ethnic groups in South America, especially in Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia, Chile and Argentina.

The Quechuas of Ecuador call themselves as well as their language Kichwa - Kichwas or Quichuas. In Colombia, the Kichwa-speaking group calls themselves the Ingas. Other Quechua speakers call themselves Runakuna (“People

That's like me ranting about how South Africa is full of mixed Europeans and Africans....and no one of pure African blood exists in South Africa. Dude just implied that every spanish country that suffered imperialism was raped to the point were no pure indigenous people exist. You do realize there are indigenous tribes still living in the Amazon and other parts of South America?

220px-Quechuawomanandchild.jpg

[h1]Quechua people[/h1]
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Redirected from Quechuas)

Jump to: navigation,search
[table]Quechua[tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Total population[/th][/tr][tr][td]10,000,000 - 11,000,000
10 - 11 million
[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Regions with significant populations[/th][/tr][tr][td]Argentina, Bolivia, Colombia, Chile, Ecuador and Perú[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Languages[/th][/tr][tr][td]
Quechua languages, Spanish
[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Religion[/th][/tr][tr][td]
Catholicism adapted to traditional Andean beliefs
[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Related ethnic groups[/th][/tr][tr][td]
Aymaras
[/td][/tr][/table]
Quechuas (also Runakuna, Kichwas, and Ingas) is the collective term for several ethnic groups in South America who speak a Quechua language (Southern Quechua mainly), belonging to several ethnic groups in South America, especially in Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia, Chile and Argentina.

The Quechuas of Ecuador call themselves as well as their language Kichwa - Kichwas or Quichuas. In Colombia, the Kichwa-speaking group calls themselves the Ingas. Other Quechua speakers call themselves Runakuna (“People

30t6p3b.gif

Have you heard of it?

30t6p3b.gif

Have you heard of it?

Originally Posted by bleach

laugh.gif

as a brown skinned dominican i never had a issue with my skin..EVER with other Dominicans
190221_1747950631112_1609217744_1615410_4095673_n.jpg

typical Dominican family...there is no skin color issue, unlike apparently black folks on this site.

laugh.gif

as a brown skinned dominican i never had a issue with my skin..EVER with other Dominicans
190221_1747950631112_1609217744_1615410_4095673_n.jpg

typical Dominican family...there is no skin color issue, unlike apparently black folks on this site.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

30t6p3b.gif

Have you heard of it?
I just learned about it 15 minutes ago
nerd.gif
wiki for the win

30t6p3b.gif

Have you heard of it?
I just learned about it 15 minutes ago
nerd.gif
wiki for the win

it is not.

its actually typical.

My Lambo is Blue....

The denial is strong!!!! It's actually pretty well documented that in many Latin American countries light skin/ whiteness and the closer you look to European makes life a lot easier for you.
ohwell.gif

[h2]In Latin America[/h2]
Brazil has the largest population of African descendants (living outside of Africa) in the world. This large number was a result of the African Slave trade. In Brazil, skin color plays a large role in differences among the races. Social status. Individuals with lighter skin and who are racially mixed generally have higher rates of social mobility.[sup][15][/sup]

There are a disproportionate number of white elites[sup][clarification needed][/sup] than those of African descent. There are large health, education and income disparities between the races in Brazil.[sup][16][/sup]

In Latin America, light skin is seen as more attractive.[sup][17][/sup] In Mexico and in Brazil, light skin represents power. Light skin is seen as attractive.[sup][18][/sup] A dark skinned person is more likely to be discriminated in Brazil.[sup][19][/sup] Most South American actors and actresses have European features - blue eyes and pale skin. A light skinned person was considered to be more privileged and have a higher social status. A person with light skin is considered beautiful and it means that the person has more wealth. Skin color is such an obsession in these countries that specific words describe distinct skin tones from "hincha," Puerto Rican slang for "glass of milk" to "morena," literally "brown."[sup][20][/sup] Generally, those with dark skin and frizzy hair tend to be among the region's poorest and most disenfranchised.

it is not.

its actually typical.

My Lambo is Blue....

The denial is strong!!!! It's actually pretty well documented that in many Latin American countries light skin/ whiteness and the closer you look to European makes life a lot easier for you.
ohwell.gif

[h2]In Latin America[/h2]
Brazil has the largest population of African descendants (living outside of Africa) in the world. This large number was a result of the African Slave trade. In Brazil, skin color plays a large role in differences among the races. Social status. Individuals with lighter skin and who are racially mixed generally have higher rates of social mobility.[sup][15][/sup]

There are a disproportionate number of white elites[sup][clarification needed][/sup] than those of African descent. There are large health, education and income disparities between the races in Brazil.[sup][16][/sup]

In Latin America, light skin is seen as more attractive.[sup][17][/sup] In Mexico and in Brazil, light skin represents power. Light skin is seen as attractive.[sup][18][/sup] A dark skinned person is more likely to be discriminated in Brazil.[sup][19][/sup] Most South American actors and actresses have European features - blue eyes and pale skin. A light skinned person was considered to be more privileged and have a higher social status. A person with light skin is considered beautiful and it means that the person has more wealth. Skin color is such an obsession in these countries that specific words describe distinct skin tones from "hincha," Puerto Rican slang for "glass of milk" to "morena," literally "brown."[sup][20][/sup] Generally, those with dark skin and frizzy hair tend to be among the region's poorest and most disenfranchised.

30t6p3b.gif

Have you heard of it?
Sarcasm rarely works in printed form, and this dude failed in the worst way.  There was nothing in your statement that said "Sarcasm".

#%$%, in that case "colorism" exist within African Americans.  That's a whole 'nother debate for a whole 'nother day.

30t6p3b.gif

Have you heard of it?
Sarcasm rarely works in printed form, and this dude failed in the worst way.  There was nothing in your statement that said "Sarcasm".

#%$%, in that case "colorism" exist within African Americans.  That's a whole 'nother debate for a whole 'nother day.

Have you heard of it?

never claimed it didnt.
it exists in jamaica too, where i was born.

Back
Top Bottom