Re: Why Dark-Skinned People From The Dominican Republic Refuse Their Blackness

*posts Raggae artist that did the same*y'all had an agenda before this threadThe fact is we're not going to rep perecentages when we have darker cousins, lighter cousins that share the same culture.

*posts Raggae artist that did the same*y'all had an agenda before this threadThe fact is we're not going to rep perecentages when we have darker cousins, lighter cousins that share the same culture.

Originally Posted by Chuck Finster

[table][tr][td]
on_line.gif
ninjahood[/td][td]
[/td][td]#506[/td][td]http://[URL="http://"][/url][/td][td][-][/td][/tr][tr][td]
[url=http://ninjahood.u.yuku.com/]

Registered Member

04/07/1111:30 AM
[/td][td]
Originally Posted by Al Audi

ninjahood keeps it real

but dudes stay tryna discredit him

it is what it is

Alot of these cats is self hatin negros on da low, ready tp buy into thatNotion that skinny average white girls = holy grail.
[/td][/tr][/url][/table]

I'm sorry but got em.

[table][tr][td]
on_line.gif
ninjahood[/td][td]
[/td][td]#506[/td][td]http://[URL="http://"][/url][/td][td][-][/td][/tr][tr][td]

Registered Member

[/td][td]

ninjahood keeps it real

it is what it is

Alot of these cats is self hatin negros on da low, ready tp buy into thatNotion that skinny average white girls = holy grail.
[/td][/tr][/url][/table]

I'm sorry but got em.

That's pretty awesome how an island like Haiti/D.R. can be perfectly split black and non black. It's like ice cream.
chocolate-cherry-vanilla-ice-cream-cake.jpg

DOMINICAN_REPUBLIC.GIF

That's pretty awesome how an island like Haiti/D.R. can be perfectly split black and non black. It's like ice cream.
chocolate-cherry-vanilla-ice-cream-cake.jpg

DOMINICAN_REPUBLIC.GIF

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

I don't get it.

Ninjahood has Black and/or African, Spanish, Latino, plus whatever else DNA in him.
He practices "Black culture" in addition to "Latino Culture."

How is he only Latino, but not Black as well? 
because of born from Dominican parents which makes me 100% hispanic...ask carmelo anthony what he is and he'll say he's black & puerto rican
Since being hispanic = spanish, black/african, taino/whatever...

You are Black, just as you are Spanish and Taino..correct?

What is the confusion here?

Ninjahood has already admitted he's part Black, and by his history on NT, I would also say he practices Black Culture in addition to DR culture.

Black is a biological and cultural component of who Ninjahood is.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

I don't get it.

Ninjahood has Black and/or African, Spanish, Latino, plus whatever else DNA in him.
He practices "Black culture" in addition to "Latino Culture."

How is he only Latino, but not Black as well? 
because of born from Dominican parents which makes me 100% hispanic...ask carmelo anthony what he is and he'll say he's black & puerto rican
Since being hispanic = spanish, black/african, taino/whatever...

You are Black, just as you are Spanish and Taino..correct?

What is the confusion here?

Ninjahood has already admitted he's part Black, and by his history on NT, I would also say he practices Black Culture in addition to DR culture.

Black is a biological and cultural component of who Ninjahood is.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

[table][tr][td]
on_line.gif
ninjahood[/td][td]

Registered Member

[/td][td]

ninjahood keeps it real

it is what it is

[/td][/tr][/url][/table]

I'm sorry but got em.

cuz im a negro right?

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

[table][tr][td]
on_line.gif
ninjahood[/td][td]

Registered Member

[/td][td]

ninjahood keeps it real

it is what it is

[/td][/tr][/url][/table]

I'm sorry but got em.

cuz im a negro right?

Originally Posted by TheEmperor45

Lets just say, "ALL Hispanics have all 3 ingredients one way or another" which are indigenous people, Spanish, and da African slaves.

Which means this is what your dad and your mother is too. This mean there is 1/3 of you that is da African.

Da African = Spanish= indigenous people = .333 in the same value

You rep the Spanish part= the language

You rep some of the traditional indigenous practices

However, you neglect Da African.

i want you to tell me with a straight face that this is da case thats happening
laugh.gif
grin.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

@ YOU of all people referencing one of the most proud pro-black afro-latinos out there. And I know you bout to tell me he's taino spanish and black. You couldn't even name the ethnic indians from his region, aside from the fact that Arroyo isn't part indian to begin with, like many black Cartageneros.

Originally Posted by TheEmperor45

Lets just say, "ALL Hispanics have all 3 ingredients one way or another" which are indigenous people, Spanish, and da African slaves.

Which means this is what your dad and your mother is too. This mean there is 1/3 of you that is da African.

Da African = Spanish= indigenous people = .333 in the same value

You rep the Spanish part= the language

You rep some of the traditional indigenous practices

However, you neglect Da African.

i want you to tell me with a straight face that this is da case thats happening
laugh.gif
grin.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

@ YOU of all people referencing one of the most proud pro-black afro-latinos out there. And I know you bout to tell me he's taino spanish and black. You couldn't even name the ethnic indians from his region, aside from the fact that Arroyo isn't part indian to begin with, like many black Cartageneros.

Wait..............what?

So by your own definition you're not a negro, therefore you can't can condemn actual negroes for not believing the same things as you do. Even tho you admit your culture and negro culture are different, when negroes aren't accepting of your views/culture (or in this case the women you post), they're self hating negroes?

Wait..............what?

So by your own definition you're not a negro, therefore you can't can condemn actual negroes for not believing the same things as you do. Even tho you admit your culture and negro culture are different, when negroes aren't accepting of your views/culture (or in this case the women you post), they're self hating negroes?

And ninjahood, you cool, you crack me up, and you def bring alot of good stuff to NT...but you ain't in a position to talk about latinos as a whole when you have a sheltered East-Coast-centric and dominican-centric view of latinos.

The fact that you think there aren't any "pure" native Americans left shows us just how Dominican your way of viewing things really is
laugh.gif
Just cuz the Tainos are NON-EXISTENT and serve as a cultural legend amongst yall doesn't mean the same applies to other groups, nor does your concept of there being no white latinos apply to reality either.

The simple fact that you think like this shows me how little you know about the rest of Latin America and why the Dominican Republic is never gonna work as a realistic representation of the rest of Latin America. The amount of diversity, immigration, and culture there is a percentage of a fraction of what the rest of Latin America has gone through. That's it. No way around that, it just is. Plus, I've seen you type in spanish before on NT, your grammar was off as hell in some cases, I got a feeling you might not be the best hispanoparlante and haven't lived in a fully spanish speaking environment like some of us..
nerd.gif

Dominicans don't and can't speak for all latinos. I don't care how much different groups are in NYC, they're still just a small removed sample from a much more heterogeneous greater population.

and PS:

wayuu.jpg

This is a real life Latin American Indian
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
THEY DO EXIST
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

And ninjahood, you cool, you crack me up, and you def bring alot of good stuff to NT...but you ain't in a position to talk about latinos as a whole when you have a sheltered East-Coast-centric and dominican-centric view of latinos.

The fact that you think there aren't any "pure" native Americans left shows us just how Dominican your way of viewing things really is
laugh.gif
Just cuz the Tainos are NON-EXISTENT and serve as a cultural legend amongst yall doesn't mean the same applies to other groups, nor does your concept of there being no white latinos apply to reality either.

The simple fact that you think like this shows me how little you know about the rest of Latin America and why the Dominican Republic is never gonna work as a realistic representation of the rest of Latin America. The amount of diversity, immigration, and culture there is a percentage of a fraction of what the rest of Latin America has gone through. That's it. No way around that, it just is. Plus, I've seen you type in spanish before on NT, your grammar was off as hell in some cases, I got a feeling you might not be the best hispanoparlante and haven't lived in a fully spanish speaking environment like some of us..
nerd.gif

Dominicans don't and can't speak for all latinos. I don't care how much different groups are in NYC, they're still just a small removed sample from a much more heterogeneous greater population.

and PS:

wayuu.jpg

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
THEY DO EXIST
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by bleach

basically. hispanics/latinos can give 2 *#%%% about skin color

whatever brazil's problem =/= da rest of Hispanic world
so all of this is fabricated?
http://www.miamiherald.com/multimedia/news/afrolatin/part2/index.html
if you can't detect da agenda of pushing da term "afro-latino" then i dunno what to tell you...

You a fool and deserve all the harassment you get.

How is it an 'agenda' if its a real life experience and struggle for many of them out there? People call themselves Afro-latino, or do you not know that? Many afro-Latins were ignored, under-represented at government level, are poor and with a higher mortality rate. Afro-Latinos often DO NOT have the same experiences as Mestizos or non-Afro Latins when it comes to things such as education or employment. Sad to say...they are a different case even though we all wish they werent (because we're all human beings right?) To deny that racism or institutional discrimination exists is doing many of those who have struggled a disservice, including yourself.

Question: what Latin American countries have you been to or lived in? (dont lie).

I ask because you sound like someone who doesnt know about Latin America without having to google. Try going El Salvador and saying that you're 'hispanic'.

Originally Posted by bleach

basically. hispanics/latinos can give 2 *#%%% about skin color

whatever brazil's problem =/= da rest of Hispanic world
so all of this is fabricated?
http://www.miamiherald.com/multimedia/news/afrolatin/part2/index.html
if you can't detect da agenda of pushing da term "afro-latino" then i dunno what to tell you...

You a fool and deserve all the harassment you get.

How is it an 'agenda' if its a real life experience and struggle for many of them out there? People call themselves Afro-latino, or do you not know that? Many afro-Latins were ignored, under-represented at government level, are poor and with a higher mortality rate. Afro-Latinos often DO NOT have the same experiences as Mestizos or non-Afro Latins when it comes to things such as education or employment. Sad to say...they are a different case even though we all wish they werent (because we're all human beings right?) To deny that racism or institutional discrimination exists is doing many of those who have struggled a disservice, including yourself.

Question: what Latin American countries have you been to or lived in? (dont lie).

I ask because you sound like someone who doesnt know about Latin America without having to google. Try going El Salvador and saying that you're 'hispanic'.

laugh.gif
so now people are mad because i never experienced racism as a Dominican from my own people and "deserve all da harassment i should get"

so this topic has gone from "why dominicans don't claim they're black" to "ninjahood's acumen on da entire latin American western hemisphere"

laugh.gif

all because a couple of idiots fail to understand that Dominicans feel and are counted has part of da whole latin/hispanic and wont accept da "black" label from US racial ideologies...

guess what?

Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

there's a reason that post was locked on Dr1 forums.

laugh.gif
so now people are mad because i never experienced racism as a Dominican from my own people and "deserve all da harassment i should get"

so this topic has gone from "why dominicans don't claim they're black" to "ninjahood's acumen on da entire latin American western hemisphere"

laugh.gif

all because a couple of idiots fail to understand that Dominicans feel and are counted has part of da whole latin/hispanic and wont accept da "black" label from US racial ideologies...

guess what?

Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

there's a reason that post was locked on Dr1 forums.

Originally Posted by Forgot About Jae

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

and PS:

wayuu.jpg

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
THEY DO EXIST
eek.gif
eek.gif