Re: Why Dark-Skinned People From The Dominican Republic Refuse Their Blackness

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Son u never heard of sarcasm

Have you heard of it?
Sarcasm rarely works in printed form, and this dude failed in the worst way.  There was nothing in your statement that said "Sarcasm".

colorism still exists within all of these latin american ethnic groups though.  you make it sound as if they are beyond it.
#%$%, in that case "colorism" exist within African Americans.  That's a whole 'nother debate for a whole 'nother day.

never claimed it didnt.
it exists in jamaica too, where i was born.

colorism still exists within all of these latin american ethnic groups though.  you make it sound as if they are beyond it.
#%$%, in that case "colorism" exist within African Americans

basically. hispanics/latinos can give 2 *#%%% about skin color

whatever brazil's problem =/= da rest of Hispanic world

Have you heard of it?
Sarcasm rarely works in printed form, and this dude failed in the worst way.  There was nothing in your statement that said "Sarcasm".

#%$%, in that case "colorism" exist within African Americans.  That's a whole 'nother debate for a whole 'nother day.

No one can deny this....
ohwell.gif
The point is Latin America is far from immune.  It isn;t just Brazil other Latin American/Caribbean countries practice color discrimination.

Have you heard of it?

No one can deny this....
ohwell.gif
The point is Latin America is far from immune.  It isn;t just Brazil other Latin American/Caribbean countries practice color discrimination.

Originally Posted by bleach

Have you heard of it?

never claimed it didnt.

yep
http://www.huffingtonpost...ng-jamaica_n_847373.html

laugh.gif
and this is what i'm talking about with the terrible responses from the dr dudes, why would you have color issues within your own fam?  You ain't even gotta go beyond Sammy Sosa to end that topic.

Have you heard of it?

never claimed it didnt.

yep
http://www.huffingtonpost...ng-jamaica_n_847373.html

laugh.gif
and this is what i'm talking about with the terrible responses from the dr dudes, why would you have color issues within your own fam?  You ain't even gotta go beyond Sammy Sosa to end that topic.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

so all of this is fabricated?
"I had people on the streets . . . yell at me to get out of the sun because I was already black enough," she said. "It was hurtful. . . . I was raised in the South and thought I could handle any racial comment. I never before experienced anything like I did in the Dominican Republic."

http://www.miamiherald.com/multimedia/news/afrolatin/part2/index.html

I wish the people that started this country didn't use color as an excuse to enslave a group of people for cheap labor.

"I had people on the streets . . . yell at me to get out of the sun because I was already black enough," she said. "It was hurtful. . . . I was raised in the South and thought I could handle any racial comment. I never before experienced anything like I did in the Dominican Republic."

I wish the people that started this country didn't use color as an excuse to enslave a group of people for cheap labor.

if you can't detect da agenda of pushing da term "afro-latino" then i dunno what to tell you...

if you can't detect da agenda of pushing da term "afro-latino" then i dunno what to tell you...

Originally Posted by Nako XL

taino can be replaced with any kinda of indigenous people that were in south America/Caribbeans  before spain and da african slaves got here.

ALL hispanics have all 3 ingredients one way or another.

Carmelo Anthony Claims he's black AND Puertorican.... which one of your courageous NTers are gonna tell him to stop repping his hispanic side because according to ya it just means your black again?
grin.gif
laugh.gif

No they don't.  You don't know what Hispanic means...
so find a hispanic that doesn't doesnt have those 3 mixes....
laugh.gif
good luck with that.
Come on NinjaHood
eyes.gif
, thats a joke right? 
Maybe the Hispanics in the DR are totally mixed, but what about the rest of South America? Do you think Hispanic literally means just Dominican or Puerto Rican? Their are many Hispanics in South America that are not 3 mixes, in fact most Hispanics who are mixed with Black, Indian, and Spanish are mostly from the Caribbean, Venezuela, Colombia and Panama.  What about Peru where most of there population is American-Indian? What about Argentina where their are Italians, Germans, etc and barely any sign of African mixes.  Mexico doesn't have a huge percentage of African influence either, it's generally more the Caribbean because the Spaniards used these islands to import African Slaves.  I believe many Caribbean Hispanic countries have a negative cultural stereotype towards the Black Race, when most of them are mixed with more African than ANY OTHER RACE, especially the DR.  It's okay to call yourself Hispanic but generally their should be a race involved but many caribbean Hispanics deny it, don't front NinjaHood, you know it's true.  My Godmother was Cuban, she had Spanish/Indian/Black blood but she would walk around the neighborhood strutting her stuff being racist towards other Black people.  It's just a common stereotype in Hispanic countries, a common stereotype that had been passed down from the Spanish Settlelers, to the Indians, and to the Slaves.  It's actually quite disappointing and disheartening. 
An Example 

images

1) Why would he get contacts?

2) Why would he relax his hair?

3) Why would he bleach his skin?

4) Why would he lie about WHY he did it

Originally Posted by Nako XL

taino can be replaced with any kinda of indigenous people that were in south America/Caribbeans  before spain and da african slaves got here.

ALL hispanics have all 3 ingredients one way or another.

Carmelo Anthony Claims he's black AND Puertorican.... which one of your courageous NTers are gonna tell him to stop repping his hispanic side because according to ya it just means your black again?
grin.gif
laugh.gif

No they don't.  You don't know what Hispanic means...
so find a hispanic that doesn't doesnt have those 3 mixes....
laugh.gif
good luck with that.
Come on NinjaHood
eyes.gif
, thats a joke right? 
Maybe the Hispanics in the DR are totally mixed, but what about the rest of South America? Do you think Hispanic literally means just Dominican or Puerto Rican? Their are many Hispanics in South America that are not 3 mixes, in fact most Hispanics who are mixed with Black, Indian, and Spanish are mostly from the Caribbean, Venezuela, Colombia and Panama.  What about Peru where most of there population is American-Indian? What about Argentina where their are Italians, Germans, etc and barely any sign of African mixes.  Mexico doesn't have a huge percentage of African influence either, it's generally more the Caribbean because the Spaniards used these islands to import African Slaves.  I believe many Caribbean Hispanic countries have a negative cultural stereotype towards the Black Race, when most of them are mixed with more African than ANY OTHER RACE, especially the DR.  It's okay to call yourself Hispanic but generally their should be a race involved but many caribbean Hispanics deny it, don't front NinjaHood, you know it's true.  My Godmother was Cuban, she had Spanish/Indian/Black blood but she would walk around the neighborhood strutting her stuff being racist towards other Black people.  It's just a common stereotype in Hispanic countries, a common stereotype that had been passed down from the Spanish Settlelers, to the Indians, and to the Slaves.  It's actually quite disappointing and disheartening. 
An Example 

images

1) Why would he get contacts?

2) Why would he relax his hair?

3) Why would he bleach his skin?

4) Why would he lie about WHY he did it

Back
Top Bottom