Real Deal College Football Discussion... no homers please

Quote:
That era of college football is totally irrevelant to the present game.

I totally agree with you.

However, if you don't think past history plays a major role in the preseason rankings you're ignorant. There are no games being played. It's all about reputation and the fact remains that those top 25 teams have historically been the best so why bet against them, especially in a time of such uncertainty?

Quote:
You act like top-flight big conference teams are dying to schedule teams like TCU and Boise State. They make due with what they can, and scheduling two Big12s (one national title contender) and a Pac10 team in the OOC schedule is about all you can ask from a team like the Horned Frogs.

Exactly, we try to schedule big name opponents, but none of these so called "Major schools" will schedule us. They do not want to risk the chance of losing to a QUALITY opponent so they schedule Louisiana Tech.

Quote:
TCU could move into a couple of the major conferences and be more competitive than alot of teams already in said conferences.

Thank you!!

Quote:
I know it's not saying much because of how 'down' the Big12 has been recently, but TCU has beaten Oklahoma on the road, and held a very good Tech offense to just 3 points the last two years. Like my dude said above, TCU has played and beaten big conference teams plenty of times in the past few years.
Trelvis Tha ThrillaWanted: Jordan X Steels or Black/White/Red Retro II's in 10.5 or 11...Let me know!

Quote:
However, if you don't think past history plays a major role in the preseason rankings you're ignorant. There are no games being played. It's all about reputation and the fact remains that those top 25 teams have historically been the best so why bet against them, especially in a time of such uncertainty?
"Cops see ME? They run. They leave . . . before I ever get to the bar. Cops are scared of me"​

Quote:
SEC country is where all of the talent comes from boy.

Quote:
Actually, that's California.
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin - 23ska909red02 - KingLouisXIV - DS 530s Finest - sir hendrix - Rexanglorum - Kiddin Like Jason

"Me fail english? Thats unpossible." ~Ralph Wiggum
4L8O15S16T23!42​

Recruiting news. Michigan got a verbal commitment from Kevin Koger a TE from Toledo OH. Kid is big and athletic. Could be a very dominant TE or DE in college. Chose Michigan over tO$U.
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998​

:lol:
laugh.gif

Thanks for putting it up before I had to ask. What does this say for our chances with Baldwin? Anything in that article about Baldwin/Perry of any importance?

Also, think our chances are pretty decent with some of the soft verbals out there? It seems like we're still trying to build the O-Line class by pursuing some guys that are already committed.

Finally a real recruiting victory in Ohio... thanks Carson Butler :lol:
laugh.gif

We aren't going after ANY soft verbals. Trevor Robinson dropped his commit to Nebraska. I still think he may end up at ND.

Bladwin was in town earlier this summer. Talked with Mallett and the coahces. Nothing major. Kid is playing the process. He is a WR so this has no impact on his decision. If Fred Smith were to verbal, I could see Baldwin looking elsewhere.

Perry has us and MSU atop the lists. Seems like officials will make the difference. Rivals Michigan guys jumped the gun big time after his visit last time. Scout said nothing would happen and they were right. I tend to go Scout's way when decisions are made.

Garrett Goebel is the next big target. O$U guys have him all but in their class. Where did I hear that before? Oh yeah with Koger. We'll see how his parents like their trip to AA. If we can sway them, we get Garrett. He likes both equally.

I get my info from GoBlueWolverine.com . I like the boards on Rivals better but the info is always to Scout faster. Their mods are great. Rivals guys suck.
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS

Last I looked T-rob was still a soft verbal... i guess rivals hadn't changed it yet.

Thats good that Baldwin isn't being recruited as a TE, even though I think we could still use another recruit. Massey will be serviceable this year and I could see both Watson and Webb not redshirting this year because McLaurin and Criswell suck. Criswell is freaking massive and should be playing FB. McLaurin just sucks. I see Watson as more of a blocking TE that could eventually make his way into the backfield as a blocker as well. If we could pull the Jordan/Anthony combo from AZ that'd be awesome.

I've got a sneaky feeling that we pull one more big name WR this class.

In non-homer news Oklahoma comes in at #9 :smokin
smokin.gif
:smokin
smokin.gif

Mark my words......Miami will have a Top 5 Class when it's all said and done. Top 3 Defensively.

Mavre is out for the season for the U. He @#%$ his non throwing hand up in a car wreck last nite
[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

The Andre Berto Movement:Get Down or Lay Down

Quote:
Mavre is out for the season for the U. He his non throwing hand up in a car wreck last nite
---<div style="text-align: center;"><br>
<!-----<a href="http://p087.ezboard.com/fniketalkfrm31.showMessage?topicID=1043.topic"><!-----<span style="color: navy; font-size: large;">*MICHIGAN</span><!----- <!-----<span style="color: yellow; font-size: large;">Summit(Aug.25) Click For Info*</span><!-----</a><!-----</div><!-----<p></p><i></i></td>

6&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Florida State&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 12&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 2&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 5&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 5&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 3.75&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 1,319

:pimp:
pimp.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif
TEAMYANKEES

^^^^ yeah dreclark... nice to see the new coaches puttin in work early....

we need a good class this year ..

and on another note ... the FSU defensive line unit should be the dominant force on the defense this year .. with Paul Griffin recovered well from his knee injury , Everette Brown solidifying his spot at end , and Andre Fluellen leading these guys in his senior year , they should reek havoc in the trenches .. it will also help that our O-Line has become more aggresive , so practices will improve intensity on both sides ..

Paul Griffin is the absolute truth .. as a sophomore , its nice to know he will be around for 2 more seasons at least .. E. Brown is a sophomore also , so this D-Line has a bright future....

Auctions -- COOL GREY XI size 10.5 DS!
TEAM SEMINOLES
antone smith , greg carr , xavier lee , andre fluellen , geno hayes , myron rolle , marcus ball​

^ renegade, I think at the close of the recruiting season, we could end up with a top 3 class, we just got two more commits today, and the way things are setting up (With the recruits spending time with possible recruitts and contacting them) we could nab a couple others who are on our radar.

E. Brown lost some weight, but is more muscular. Dre, is Dre he will get his. P. Griffin is a beast, bu he reall has not had a chance to showcase it b/c of the season ending injury. Thacker should improve. Im just hoping that everyone remains healthy. I think we lost... Jae Thaxton , dont know if he has been cleared b/c of concussions. Im ready for my dude GENO MF'N HAYES!!!!!!

4lxxd9c.jpg

He is gonna have a monster year as long as he stays healthy. Esp. If the line plays up to par. We've got lots of depth at LB with: Verdell, Nicholson (Non-felon version), hopefully he is100%), Hayes, Possibly Thaxton, Marcus Ball (Should be ready to BEAST this year), Gallon, my son Dekota Watson, Wright, Kelly, etc.....

Secondary:

Rover/SS: Myron got his spot on lock and should continue to make strides and get his name out there on a national level

Free: Roger Williams if his head is in the game and plays up to his ability, we will be ok. But watch out for Anthony Leon (Sean Taylors Cousin) and Kenny Ingram got himself eligible to play so there may be a battle for this spot, but will prolly go to Roger since he is experienced and he did lead the team in picks last year,

Corners: Tony Carter, our most reliable corner, but can be picked on on occasion by the taller receivers. I would still line him up against almost anybody. One of the more reliable tacklers in the secondary and one of the best pure ballers we have on the team. Got that FLA swag you need at corner.

6fop9xv.jpg

JR Bryant was prone to getting benched this year, and with the Robinson boys and MRG ready to step in and any given moment, he better be on his @#%$ this year or he will get yanked EARLY. P-rob and J-rob Can't decide who I like the best out of the two (pause) Both are big and super talented and should be ready to get off this year. Michael Ray Garvin is prolly the fastest person on the team, but that track speed doesnt always translate. Says he's been working on his technique and etc so he can be able to harness all that speed and still be able to change directions effectively. Well see..

As you can see, I love my 'Noles.....

6hgcjt2.jpg

TEAMYANKEES

Purple Hayes in serious. He needs a little bit more muscle on his frame but he is still a beast. Marcus Ball is so good it isn't even funny. Hopefully he can stay healthy. FSU is prolly my second fave team so I always keep up on them. I am interested to see how Dr Rolle improves this year.
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS

Back
Top Bottom