Real Deal College Football Discussion... no homers please

Quote:
I am interested to see how Dr Rolle improves this year.
:rofl:
roll.gif

Notre Dame has announced that they will play Washington State in 2009...in San Antonio.

They've also scheduled themselves to be the home teams at a pair of games at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando in 2011 and 2014. Opponents TBD.

They announced previously that they would play Navy in Ireland in 2012.

Depends, I think he plays though. We are 7 deep at Corner as of right now. So it all depends on two-a-days later on in the summer....
TEAMYANKEES

^ The bad thing is, One could concievably prove that. Best thing Reggie did was have his brothers number on the back of his calves after Marcus got hurt

I've been hearing that we may play ND in Orlando in '09
TEAMYANKEES

Quote:
Think Dionte Allen will play this year or redshirt?

Good question , like DRE said its up to the performance of the other corners .. yes we are deep , but only T.C. has proven himself...

P-rob & J-rob....talented but inexperienced ...

MRG .. fast , but short ,and still unproven at corner , i can see him returning kicks this year too , if he wouldn't have stepped out of bounds last November , the gators would not have won the Title......

JR Bryant... He blew more plays last year than i can count .. but he will probably get the nod because he's a veteran , and hopefully has improved in the off-season....

Linebackers look good too , Marcus ball was so fun to watch last year until he got hurt and i think he will get good old #7 this year instead of #44.... TC changing from #15 to #4...

Looks like it will be a solid Defensive Unit this year...

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZckitch01
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZckitch01

I guess the whole "no homers please" thing has flown out the window...that's the main reason I had stayed out of the discussion, haha. Plus, I get tired of all the West Coast-East Coast bias BS.

TEAMNEWYORKMETSget busy livin or get busy dyin, that's g-ddamn right
EMAIL:D[email protected]

God, I wish it was September.

I'm sitting here watching a replay of the Georgia Tech/Clemson game from 2004.

:lol:
laugh.gif
@ Clemson's long snapper folding under the pressure.

CJ abusing Tye Hill... :pimp:
pimp.gif

In other news...Nebraska reinstated Maurice Purify, suspending him only for the opener against Nevada.

Man I can't wait for the season to start. All the hype in Tucson for the Wildcats, hopefully this is the year we go bowlin'. Watched the 2005 Arizona beatdown of UCLA. FANtastic!

Quote:
Juice Williams

I heard he's been tearing things up in Champagne practices.

We'll see, He got thrown to the wolves last yr with an inferior squad, by the time he's a JR, I expect nice things from him
[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

The Andre Berto Movement:Get Down or Lay Down

here's the ESPN Insider Preview for Cal:

insider.espn.go.com/ncf/i...%3d2918289BLUE RIBBON ANALYSIS

Grading the Bears
Unit &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
Grade
Offense &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
A
Special teams &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
A+
Defense &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
B
Intangibles &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
A-
Not that there's anything remotely wrong with double-digit wins highlighted by a dominating Holiday Bowl performance against Texas A&M, but with USC reloading every season, 2006 could've been Cal's best chance to win the Pac-10 outright and play in the Rose Bowl.

That said, this offense is every bit the equal of USC's, and at least on paper, Cal should score more points than the Trojans. And the special teams units of the Bears might be ranked tops in the nation. So why aren't the Bears favored over USC, which is expected to be a near-unanimous preseason No. 1?

Defense, defense and yes, more defense.

USC placed six players on Blue Ribbon's preseason All-Pac-10 first team, while Cal had none.

But much to Tedford's credit, Cal's season starts in terms of the national title picture on Sept. 1 when Tennessee visits Berkeley on the back-end of a home-and-home. If the Bears win, watch out -- the hype could build for more than two months before the USC game on Nov. 11. If those two teams enter kickoff undefeated, that likely becomes the game of the regular-season, not only in the Pac-10, but in the nation.

However, the Bears are going to find themselves in a few fourth-quarter shootouts, especially early as the secondary gains experience. Trips to Oregon, UCLA and Arizona State won't be easy, but they should be entertaining. Actually, with Jackson, every Cal game should be entertaining.

We see Cal as a top-10 caliber team capable of defeating just about any opponent in the country. Just not USC. The Bears should cruise to 11 wins and a second-place Pac-10 finish this season, perhaps even find themselves in a BCS game, but they're not winning the Pac-10. At least not this year.
RAIDER NATION

Let yee nuts hang low or walk the plank
Asomugha - Burgess - Carr - Curry - Gabriel - Howard - Huff - Morrison - Porter - Washington​

Quote:
I guess the whole "no homers please" thing has flown out the window...that's the main reason I had stayed out of the discussion
serious discussions until it inches a bit closer. It is almost here guys.

I love August-November (MLB + NCAA Football + NFL = :smokin
smokin.gif
Bliss!)
Los Angeles Dodgers​
6 World Series Championships​
LET THE RIOT BE THE RHYME OF THE UNHEARD!​

Back
Top Bottom