Real Deal College Football Discussion... no homers please

Thats good to hear. Does USC run 3 wide in its base set? Don't they run the same pro formation as Michigan? 2 WR's, 1 TE, and 1 FB. From what I heard RoJo wasn't listed in the top 6 by Pete Carroll. I was thinking that there were two WR accounting for the 6 on the depth chart, 3 at each position. If I was Carroll I probably wouldn't put RoJo on the depth chart right now regardless of how well he's playing. Before game one you really don't want to nab a freshman a starter and get the expectations too big

Quote:
From what I heard RoJo wasn't listed in the top 6 by Pete Carroll. I was thinking that there were two WR accounting for the 6 on the depth chart, 3 at each position. If I was Carroll I probably wouldn't put RoJo on the depth chart right now regardless of how well he's playing. Before game one you really don't want to nab a freshman a starter and get the expectations too big

I haven't heard of PC releasing a top 6 yet, plus I would find it hard to believe that he left off RoJo considering coaches aren't allowed at summer workouts.

Every USC expert who has gone to the workouts say that RoJo and McKnight are near close to locks for PT. RoJo is the burner that SC has lacked in the PC era, while Turner/Hazelton are more possession receivers. If I had to bet, I would say RoJo gets considerable PT by mid-season.

^ ohhhh you're probably talking about his interview on college gameday live. He didn't say anything about the depth chart. They asked him about the WR postion in general and he named 3-5 guys and no rojo was not one of them.

yea usc runs the pro set like michigan but rojo might see action when sc runs the 3 wide in certain situations. sc ran the 3 wide more last year since they didnt have a legit fullback once havilli went down. but rojo has way too much speed to not get utilized somehow in the offense this year.

the depth chart was listed after spring practice before the freshman arrived so unless there is a lack of depth at a certain position then freshman arent going to be listed.

btw hows warren looking?
USC TROJANS
Louisiana Superdome January 7, 2008​
Joe McKnight - Future Heisman Winner​

Quote:
This could be an offense that we have never seen at Michigan.

Quote:
There is no reason for us not to be averaging 30 ppg.

do you know how many times I thought that over the past couple years.

Quote:
Last I talked to fam he said everyone is stoaked for camp and Soup is telling them the Shotgun is gong to be in full effect and it's presence will be felt in camp
Go BlueWanted sz. 8 or 8.5: 3m Snake AF1'sEmail: [email protected]: zs05wc
[/quote][/quote][/quote]

4v4hu6r.jpg

Today on College football live Rece davis said they would have 25 straight hours of CFBL coverage the day before the season opens. Does anyone know if this is on ESPN or ESPN2 or is it on ESPNU? hopefully not on espnu
Quote:
I wake up every morning in a bed thats too small, drive my daughter to a school thats too expensive, and then I go to work to a job for which I get paid too little, but on pretzel day? Well, I like pretzel day...

^ Man I feel ya Answer....Trent made me look like a moran all year last year. I kept telling everyone just wait, just wait...I'm still hangin in there for him.

Bottom line was that Trent was where he was suposed to be and in postion to make a play 90% of the time...he just never made the damn play!

Too me as a former corner being in the right postion is the dificult part. Espicialy at the college level playing against the teams Trent faces. So I think it's a great sign that he's consitantly in the right place and being able to take the next steep and actually make the play should be the easy part...esp. with his height, speed, and WR skills

Answer,

No love for Panter? How has he been looking.

Graham is going to be an absolute beast this year, he's my defensive sleeper. (Chris, but Brandon ain't gonna be half bad either"
Team Wolverine
Adams-Arrington-Crable-Graham-Hart-Henne-Jamison-Kraus-Long-Manningham-Mathews-Taylor-Trent-Warren

I personally want Mallet to redshirt so he could be a 4 year starter, but that's just me bein selfish, what Michigan fan doesn't want him to own for 4 years. I think it should be a 100% personal decision on Ryans part, if he wants to play for four years and try and cement himself as the greatest QB in UM History, he certianly has the talent/oppurtunity to do so.. When a player has that much talent, there's of course the chance that they can come out after 3 years anyway. The decision needs to come from Mallet, only he knows what his intentions are.
Team Wolverine
Adams-Arrington-Crable-Graham-Hart-Henne-Jamison-Kraus-Long-Manningham-Mathews-Taylor-Trent-Warren

The UM heads just hijacked this threads. :smokin
smokin.gif
Team Wolverines​
TEAM DUNDER MIFFLIN: Scranton Branch​
"You're dentist's name is Crentist?"​

Mario doesn't want to wear #1, he wants to start his own legacy with #86.

Darryl Stonum, an 08 committ, will enter next year wearing #1.
Team Wolverine

I dont think that Mallet should redshirt just because if Henne gets hurt(God forbid) then he can replace, plus I think there will be plenty of opportunities for him to get some in game experience.

No one should ever wear #1 ever again.
Go Blue

Wanted sz. 8 or 8.5: 3m Snake AF1's
Email: [email protected]
AIM: zs05wc

The only thing I have heard about Don Warren is that he is talking mad sh** and that was from Martell Webb. He said its fun going against him. I guess he has looked alright but has not wowed anybody to the point that they have him pegged as a starter. I do know that the coaches really like what they have seen from Artis Chambers as a FS. He has a big frame and should be able to put on weight. I thought he would catch a RS but I think now that he may be in the mix for ST play and some mop up duty at FS. I think Michael Williams will push Brandon Harrison for that Nickel back spot.

No way do you RS Mallett. The kid has too much talent and needs some snaps this year. Hopefully the offense will blow teams out by the 3rd and he can get about 10-15 snaps a game, just to get him and feeling the college game. We only have 3 QBs on the team with Chad, Mal and Cone. People are talking up Cone but I would have to guess that RM is already better than Cone. I just don't like the idea of buring a RS because we assume that Chad is gonna be enough to get us by. Mop up duty is good enough for a kid like Ryan right now. I just don't see the numbers where it would be acceptable to RS him.

TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998​

Odds are he's gonna make you look like an idiot :lol:
laugh.gif

I know Hart is gonna be the main ball carrier this year, but I hope Minor can get a lot of carries this year, I'm excited to see what he can do. I think he has a very combo of speed and size. Man I can't wait for opening day, whose going :nerd:
nerd.gif
Go BlueWanted sz. 8 or 8.5: 3m Snake AF1'sEmail: [email protected]: zs05wc

After watching some gametape of D. McFadden, I must admit that I'm now a believer in the hype. I thought he was a variant version of Steve Slaton, but I saw him not shying away from contact. He is the truth.

Back
Top Bottom