Real Deal College Football Discussion... no homers please

Quote:
I bet my life Michigan beats OSU this year as long as those 3 play.
:nerd:
nerd.gif

Rumor has it that Oregon will be donning their white helmets at the Big House on Sept. 8th...

Go Duckies!
OREGONDUCKS
Jonathan Stewart for Heisman​

Stafon Johnson tore it up last night at USC's Fall scrimmage. In my mind, he's clearly the #2 back.

Chauncey Washington hurt his shoulder late in the game, but no news as to how long he'll be out.

^^^ no they didnt. But word is Dennis Dixon is still our QB so that means we will suck I dont even want to watch the Michigan game unless we change out entire offense to gear around our running game(not gonna happen) we will suck. But Jstew is a beast and so is Chung

cal_marshawn_lynch_100706_300w.jpg

pinegar_web_bobosky.jpg

092405uscf.jpg

3633497.jpg
:wow:
eek.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
:rofl:
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

Lower then Low, The Scum of the Earth

ooo i think us fsu fans are gunna be pissed. Feelin the same @#%$ as last year.
Free mike

Team Cowboys
vi.xii.xxvii.xxviii.xxx.

NVM like dude above me it wont post

here goes the bum getting OWNED

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Lets go Bulls, UCLA,Dodgers and Cowboys!

Quote:
Stafon Johnson tore it up last night at USC's Fall scrimmage. In my mind, he's clearly the #2 back.

Chauncey Washington hurt his shoulder late in the game, but no news as to how long he'll be out.

Were you there?

Chauncey Washington with his new attitude and weight loss, looks like the front runner. However, injuries continue to dog him. I think he will get the majority of the carries. I see Herschel Dennis (If healthy) getting the Petros Papadakis treatment, just so he could get a decent farewell.

Carroll is going to do everything in his power to get Joe McKnight on the field. Stafon Johnson is a beast, I like his new attitude and work ethic. He is being groomed to take over next season.

As for Emmanuel Moody and Jemere Holland, we could do without them.

Moody and Holland have both expressed their desire to be "The Man". It is an attitude that does not sit well in Trojan Country. It is different when you are an established player, but when you are an incoming player that has yet to prove they deserve that title, then you are not buying into the program.

Ironically, Moody likes what he sees in the Florida program. A big school loaded with talent, where he it will be very difficult to gain the much wanted "The Man" tag.

dr funk- I don't know if you want Holland on your squad. He is talented but he is a headcase. All I've heard is that he dogs it in practice and always mopes when other receiver's get some shine. Holland saw the writing on the wall. I would have ranked him fifth in terms of talent.

Hazelton
Turner
Johnson (Redshirt)
Ausberry
Holland (Transfer)
Patterson
Los Angeles Dodgers​
6 World Series Championships​
LET THE RIOT BE THE RHYME OF THE UNHEARD!​

Moody better change schools then, Chris Rainey is gonna Lock that UF starting job up for about 3 yrs once he gets in that Gator weight program.

[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

Quote:
Were you there?

Chauncey Washington with his new attitude and weight loss, looks like the front runner. However, injuries continue to dog him. I think he will get the majority of the carries. I see Herschel Dennis (If healthy) getting the Petros Papadakis treatment, just so he could get a decent farewell.

Carroll is going to do everything in his power to get Joe McKnight on the field. Stafon Johnson is a beast, I like his new attitude and work ethic. He is being groomed to take over next season.
ing tailback if he's healthy. Hershel might get some carries here and there to change up the tempo and find some PT in key blocking situations, but nothing meaningful.

I agree, PC will use him like Reggie in the RB/WR hybrid role. I stood next to him and he's skinny. He's still at least a year away from being a every down back.

Thomas Brown is going to be starting at RB for UGA. :smh:
smh.gif
:smh:
smh.gif
:smh:
smh.gif

With this, and the news that Richt plans on keeping the two-QB system, he's killing my anticipation for Sept. 1st.

Wow, Marshawn had dude parallel to the ground

Anyway, So its official now.

August 23, 2007

Gene Williams

videoWarchant TV: Fisher names starting QB

What had dragged on for eight months, dragged on a couple more days but finally ended around 9:00 p.m. on Thursday night. Florida State offensive coordinator Jimbo Fisher sauntered over to a dozen or so members of the media and finally spilled the beans on who will line up under center for the Clemson game.

"The starter for the first game will be Drew Weatherford."

Gene Williams - Warchant.com
Fisher cited Weatherford's consistency as the main reason for choosing him as the starter.
The announcement was hardly a bombshell. For over week, the junior from Land O'Lakes has been getting the bulk of the snaps with the first team offense. With the season opener at Clemson right around the corner, it follows that Fisher would give his starter as many opportunities as possible with the rest of the first teamers.

Even though it was obvious the choice was made days ago, Fisher says he put a lot of thought into his decision.

"(Weatherford was) just more consistently doing good things in practice on a consistent basis," Fisher said. "Making more of the every down play. The thing at quarterback you can look at the spectacular things but the first thing you have is you have to make the routine play. I thought he made the routine play more consistently than Xavier did for the most part during camp and that set him apart."

As with the media and fans, Weatherford and Lee were also getting anxious to find out who was going to be the starter. The suspense was finally broken when they both individually met with Fisher in his office earlier in the day.

After it was official that Weatherford was starting, Xavier Lee was the first to offer congratulations.

"He (Fisher) talked to Xavier first and then he talked to me," Weatherford said. "We talked, he (Lee) told me congratulations and he said I deserved it and worked hard. He deserves it too. He's worked extremely hard, done a lot, come through a lot of adversity and he's a great player. We're going to need him, though, to be successful."

Although there was some minor drama surrounding the announcement, there was never any doubt who would be named the starter. Through each of the first three scrimmages, and most of the daily passing drills, the junior from Land O'Lakes (Fla.) completed a higher percentage of his attempts and has directed the offense to more scores. The only black mark on his practice resume has been a high interception rate, and on Thursday night he threw another pick that was returned for a defensive touchdown by Geno Hayes.

Weatherford Files
Career passing statistics
Starts 23
Completion % 57.56
Touchdowns 30
Interceptions 29
Yards per attempt 6.81
Quarterback Rating 75.79
The knack for turnovers has been a recurring problem for Weatherford since his first start in 2005. In fact, over his 23 career starts, Weatherford has thrown 29 interceptions.

"As a quarterback you can always get better, but I've turned the ball over way too much since I've been here," Weatherford admitted. "I want to do a much better job protecting the ball and protecting our team. That's one area that I've tried to work on. I've taken chances on the practice field, but I feel like I've done a really good job during the scrimmages this year."

Based on Fisher's history at LSU of not being locked into one quarterback, if Weatherford doesn't improve his ability to protect the football, he could become a victim of a short leash. With that being a possibility, Fisher offered Lee some words of encouragement after breaking the news.

"'You just keep working, you battle, you fight, and an opportunity comes you take advantage of it,'" Fisher told Lee during their meeting. "I've seen crazier things happen. I remember a case around here one time with Brad Johnson and Casey Weldon. It all turned around one time. At the end you had two great quarterbacks.

In addition to the possibility of Lee earning a staring role down the road, Fisher made it very clear that there is a definite plan to use him in certain circumstances.

"Yes, most definitely. You are dag-gum right we will," said Fisher. "He will be in the plan. There will be a plan for him and things he can do and what he does well. We'll practice the heck out of him between now and then."
TEAMYANKEES

Quote:
Then there are the rewards that come with recognition. Rainey said a local clothing vendor recently gave him a bag full of sports jerseys and jewelry in exchange for his autograph. Another time, an elderly woman approached him at a restaurant, gave him a hug and handed him a wad of cash.

''I didn't even count it,'' Rainey said. ``When I walk around, people are buying me food, giving me money. I'm like, damn, I'm glad I'm Chris Rainey. It's real nice to be me :lol:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
TEAMYANKEES

Nothign happened to him. He kept on playing and dominated the FHS playoffs.

Chris was ineligible the week prior to the championship game then the state cleared him a day before the game.

dre you are mad late on that

i'll be in death valley on the 3rd....the whole weekend is going to be crazy....should be a good one Clemson 27 FS Who- 17

Back
Top Bottom