Real Deal College Football Discussion... no homers please

Quote:
Man, Normally Im the one siding with FSU, I cant ride with them this yr. The QBs are horrendous. Its really sad to have that much talent on the field and have the QB as the worst player out of all your position players. Neither one of these two could start at any of yall favorite schools
:frown:
frown.gif
TEAMYANKEES

Im stuck, ISU & the I state joints are fiyah
[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

Lower then Low, The Scum of the Earth

I'm feelin the ISU one..
[color=003300]E[/color][color=255025]q[/color][color=6e8b6e]u[/color][color=92a892]i[/color][color=b7c5b7]p[/color][color=dbe3db]o[/color]TR[color=ffb7b7]I[/color][color=ff9292]c[/color][color=ff6e6e]o[/color][color=ff4949]l[/color][color=ff2525]o[/color][color=ff0000]r[/color]​
T E A M M I D W E S T
Reppin the 260
FLO holdin down Indiana​

Reason why I put wisconsin out there is becuz tho they are in the top 10, I still don't think many believe they are gonna come out wit the big ten title. I say them cuz I like their rushing game and their linebackers.....nice crew their.....if u want me to put my self out there.....watch for penn state to make a serious run at the title.....wit that receiving core, if they can play up to their potential, some progress from their qb, and the defense holds its own, they could be their at the end of the big ten season
Free Gizmo aka Smash....Sorry your feelings were hurt Guys

not exactly how yall do the rivals request, but can someone post this article

footballrecruiting.rivals...&tid=&mid=s with Rod Davis and Craig Loston, but there are plenty more where they came from.

Tha Loudest mouwf of tha South boyyyy...
I'm from tha Dirty Dirty...
Ya can't get me out wit Shout boyyyy...

Email: MdotJones@tmail.com Aim: ImSuchaGee​

Quote:
In the mid-90's, there was no team in the Houston area that was more feared that the Eisenhower Eagles. Hailing from the heart of the Aldine school district, Eisenhower consistently made deep playoff runs in the class 5A Division I bracket.

However, times have changed for the north Houston school. The emergence of nearby Westfield High School as a football power seems to have left the Eagles short on talent. Combine that with years of coaching turnover and you have a program that has struggled for the past few years.

Last season, Eisenhower finished with a disappointing 3-7 record, although a 3-4 record in district 19-5A play had the Eagles barely missing out on the playoffs.

This year, however, brings much higher hopes for the once proud Eisenhower football team. The seniors and juniors are both very strong classes and that leaves head coach Darryl Phipps very optimistic about his team's play in 2007.

"State," Phipps simply said about the team's goal this season. "We talked to the kids at the start of the year about setting goals. They need to believe that things can happen. It's an old coaching clich about taking it one game at a time. The reality of it is, you've gotta take it one game at a time. You're only playing one game at a time.

"But our kid, we're not looking ahead. We're just looking forward to the season and projecting our goals. Our goal is to win a state championship. I told them, 'Sometime everyday, somebody from the football team will come up to you and is gonna say "State." It may be in the cafeteria, you may be walking down the hall, but somebody is gonna say that to you. And you're reply back to them oughta be "State."' That's the mindset that our kids are in. We want to be in San Antonio at the end of the season."

Senior Rod Davis, a defensive tackle that is committed to Texas A&M, agrees with his coach's assessment that the team has lofty goals.

"If we can make it through our non-district schedule and then through district, then playoffs shouldn't be a problem," said the 6-foot-2, 300 pound Davis. "As long as we make it to the first round of the playoffs, we plan on making it all the way to the state championship."

Although such high goals would seemingly be out of reach for a team that finished with a sub-.500 winning percentage a year ago, the Eagles have reason to be so optimistic.

"Three years ago, we had a freshman class come through here, Rod Davis' class," said Phipps. "That group of kids were undefeated; both the freshmen A and B team, they were undefeated. They went up to Lufkin and just hammered them. People were questioning whether or not they were really freshmen or not, they were that good.

"Then the next year we had another class, Craig Loston's class, that, athlete-wise, was a better class than the one before them. So we had back-to-back classes that were just loaded with not just athletic kids, but good kids.

"We have three receivers in the junior class alone that are Division I prospects in Jazmon Reynolds, Greg Timmons and Terrence Fletcher. We also have a running back in Curtis McGregor that is very good. Then you have a guy like Craig who is just on a different level. I used to go watch the kid in middle school and it was obvious that he was one of those special ones. He was a starter for us as a freshman."

One of the better athletes on the Eisenhower team is senior Darius Willis. The 6-foot-3, 235 pound Willis started the 2006 season at quarterback before an injury held him out a few games. When he came back, he ended up playing a number of other positions. Phipps said that it is players like Willis that exemplify this team.

"Darius was our starting quarterback and he got hurt," said Phipps. "Then Kenny, Kenny Guiton, came in and replaced him and played really well. When Darius came back, we couldn't take Kenny out. But Darius is still one of our best athletes and we had to get him on the field. He is going to start at outside linebacker and fullback for us this year.

"I tell you what, when Kenny was playing and Darius was not, Darius cheered harder for Kenny than anybody on the sideline. It's that type of attitude that I think makes this team special. They have spent so much time together and they've been through so much that it's like they're a family.

"It's like Rod says every time he goes to A&M. When he goes to A&M he always says, 'It feels like family.' We've got a bunch of kids that it feels like family for them. It's a lot of fun and it makes you glad you're coaching them."

Willis says that is was tough to go from a position that seemingly gets all the glory to playing elsewhere. But he was willing to make the transition for the team.

"I know I played quarterback last year but now I'm doing whatever it takes to help the team because all we're trying to do right now is win state," said Willis. "It's not that bad (moving from quarterback). I have to do it for the team. That's what makes the team the best right now."

Davis also agrees that the team is like a family.

"It seems as though we are always around each other," he said. "We find ourselves nine or ten guys at a time at somebody's house so we are a close-knit family."

An extremely tough non-district slate includes back-to-back games with Lufkin and North Shore, two teams that combined to go 20-0 in the regular season a year ago. However, the Eagles feel they are prepared.

"If we knock those big teams off it will let everybody know that we're really back," said Willis.

Davis agrees with Willis, saying, "We've just got to take it one game at a time. Hopefully we'll get to district on a high-horse knowing that we beat Humble, North Shore and Lufkin. If we can just get up on that horse, we should be alright."

I think Ohio State will make another run at the big ten title there first 8 game are cupcakes .

Sept. 1 Noon, BTN Youngstown State Ohio Stadium Columbus, Ohio
Sept. 8 Noon, BTN Akron Ohio Stadium Columbus, Ohio
Sept. 15 3:30, ESPN Washington Husky Stadium Seattle, Wash.
Sept. 22 TBA Northwestern Ohio Stadium Columbus, Ohio
Sept. 29 8 p.m., ABC, ESPN, or ESPN2 Minnesota Metrodome Minneapolis, Minn.
Oct. 6 8 p.m., ABC, ESPN or ESPN2 Purdue Ross-Ade Stadium W. Lafayette, Ind.
Oct. 13 TBA Kent State Ohio Stadium Columbus, Ohio
Oct. 20 3:30 p.m., ABC Michigan State Ohio Stadium Columbus, Ohio

Thank they have Wisconson at home and everyone knows about there success this decade with Michigan .

damn mad fast. good look. just looking at how bummy my HS has gotten yet putting 10x more cats in college now
Tha Loudest mouwf of tha South boyyyy...
I'm from tha Dirty Dirty...
Ya can't get me out wit Shout boyyyy...

Email: MdotJones@tmail.com Aim: ImSuchaGee​

Man...I'm watching this ESPNUCS thing they're doing on Sportscenter right now. You know they've got all the helmets in the background...

How the hell did a UCF helmet slip in there between Oklahoma and Tennessee? :lol:
laugh.gif

:nerd:
nerd.gif

Quote:
Thank they have Wisconson at home and everyone knows about there success this decade with Michigan .
Team Wolverine
Adams-Arrington-Crable-Graham-Hart-Henne-Jamison-Kraus-Long-Manningham-Mathews-Taylor-Trent-Warren
DETROIT LIONS
Fire Millen​

Quote:
I bet my life Michigan beats OSU this year as long as those 3 play.
:wow:
eek.gif
U wrote your will already?
[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

Lower then Low, The Scum of the Earth

How could u put ur life in the hands of carr?? Someone take a picture of this screen

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Lets go Bulls, UCLA,Dodgers and Cowboys!

In Llyod we trust :pimp:
pimp.gif
Team Wolverine
Adams-Arrington-Crable-Graham-Hart-Henne-Jamison-Kraus-Long-Manningham-Mathews-Taylor-Trent-Warren
DETROIT LIONS
Fire Millen​

I think Lloyd's gonna surprise people this year. Yes we are still gonna line up and try to run the ball down your throat, but who wouldnt w/ Hart and Long. But the big x-factor is gonna be if Henne is actually put into the shotgun, give him time w/ those receivers, good night.
TEAM WOLVERINE
Those Who Stay Will Be Champions
GO BLUE​

:nerd:
nerd.gif
Quote:
Starting QB to be named Wednesday (By Gene Williams, Warchant.com)

The starting quarterback for the season opener will be....drum roll please.

The announcement of who will be the starter at Clemson won't be that dramatic. In fact, it's probably the worst kept secret on the football team. Following Tuesday's final full scrimmage of the preseason, Drew Weatherford is in prime position to resume his role as the 'Noles' starter under center. But for now, the Seminole coaches are going to wait until Wednesday to make it official.

"There will be one (decision) made tomorrow, we will announce it," offensive coordinator Jimbo Fisher told the media following the scrimmage.

^^^^ yeah it will be Drew .. not a big surprise.. i swear X is just not the player her was hyped to be... dude just can't get it right in the college realm.. not to say Drew is a stud..like Gunna stated , neither is great , but you expect more from a 5-star recruit.....

On a side note the seminole D is looking Nice as usual.. the D-line will be getting some national attention for sure with solid playmakers at all 4 spots.... cant wait for the season to get going.....

and Antone will get 1000 + yds :pimp:
pimp.gif
Auctions
TEAM SEMINOLES
antone smith , greg carr , xavier lee , preston parker ,andre fluellen , everette brown , paul griffin , geno hayes , myron rolle , marcus ball​

Oh, you Noles are gonna be sad when your squad gets off to an 0-1 start...
TEAMNEWYORKMETSget busy livin or get busy dyin, that's g-ddamn right
EMAIL:D[email protected]

Cullen Harper has apparently stepped up and had a really good offseason, the team has been his as compared to when he was placed firmly in a backup role behind posterboy Will Proctor last year. Korn came in for the Spring and from all reports has looked comfortable, extremely talented and is giving Harper a run for his money, but competition is great. I think Harper starts but if he struggles, he'll be on a short lease.

Honestly, I don't know how this game will go. It's SO tough to get a true feel for opening games, especially when they're so important. I think that it's in Death Valley definitely helps us, but it should be a really good game. I know we've taken the last 3 out of 4 from y'all, but that means nothing at this point.

Good luck.
TEAMNEWYORKMETSget busy livin or get busy dyin, that's g-ddamn right
EMAIL:D[email protected]

Quote:
Cullen Harper has apparently stepped up and had a really good offseason, the team has been his as compared to when he was placed firmly in a backup role behind posterboy Will Proctor last year. Korn came in for the Spring and from all reports has looked comfortable, extremely talented and is giving Harper a run for his money, but competition is great. I think Harper starts but if he struggles, he'll be on a short lease.

Honestly, I don't know how this game will go. It's SO tough to get a true feel for opening games, especially when they're so important. I think that it's in Death Valley definitely helps us, but it should be a really good game. I know we've taken the last 3 out of 4 from y'all, but that means nothing at this point.

ed!!!

Quote:
Good luck.
:lol:
laugh.gif
TEAMYANKEES

^ you might want to edit that...

August 22, 2007

Warchant.com & Osceola

Related Links:
ASI Scrimmage Insider: Starting QB to be namedFall Practice Headquarters

Talk about it in The Tribal Council

With two-a-days winding down, the depth charts are getting close to being set. Give us your anticipated first team offense and defense for the Clemson game.

IRA: No surprises here, except that I think Claude will get his job back.

QB -- Drew Weatherford
TB -- Antone Smith
FB -- Seddrick Holloway
WR -- Richard Goodman
WR -- De'Cody Fagg
TE -- Charlie Graham
LT -- Daron Rose
LG -- Jacky Claude
C -- Ryan McMahon
RG -- Shannon Boatman
RT -- David Overmyer

DE -- Everette Brown
DT -- Andre Fluellen
DT -- Letroy Guion
DE -- Alex Boston
WLB -- Geno Hayes
MLB -- Derek Nicholson
SLB -- Dekoda Watson
CB -- Tony Carter
FS -- Roger Williams
RV -- Myron Rolle
CB -- Michael Ray Garvin

Gene:

OFFENSE:
QB - Weatherford
RB - A. Smith
FB - Marcus Sims
TE - Charlie Graham
OLs - D. Overmyer, S. Boatman, R. McMahon, R. Hudson, D. Rose
WRs - D. Fagg, G. Carr

DEFENSE:
DEs - E. Brown, A. Boston
DT/NG - A. Fluellen, L. Guion
LBs - G. Hayes, D. Nicholson, D. Watson
Rover - M. Rolle
FS - R. Williams
CBs - T. Carter, MR Garvin

Special Teams:
PK - G. Cismesia
P - G. Gano (also kickoffs)
PR - P. Parker
KR - MR Garvin, J. Shaw

Derek: Offense -- QB: Drew Weatherford (consistency wins out), RB Antone Smith, FB Marcus Sims, WRs De'Cody Fagg and Richard Goodman (he holds off Greg Carr for the job), TE Charlie Graham (the most seasoned of the unit, he'll start for now), LT Daron Rose, LG Jacky Claude (He gets himself out of Trickett's dog house just in time), C Ryan McMahon, RG David Overmyer, RT Shannon Boatman

Defense -- DEs Neefy Moffett and Alex Boston (though Everette Brown will get a lot of snaps, maybe more than one of the starters), DT Letroy Guion, NG Andre Fluellen, LBs Dekoda Watson, Derek Nicholson and Geno Hayes, CBs Tony Carter and Michael Ray Garvin (though that corner spot opposite Carter is the most wide open), RV Myron Rolle, S Roger Williams.

Chris: Offense: QB Weatherford, RB Smith, FB Sims, TE Graham, LT Rose, LG Claude, C McMahon, RG Boatman, RT Overmyer, WR Fagg & Goodman

Defense: DE Brown & Moffett, NT Fluellen, DT Thacker, LB Watson, Nicholson, & Hayes, CB Carter & P. Robinson, S Rolle & Williams

Special Teams: K Cismesia, KO Gano, P Gano, LS Sanborn, KR Garvin & J. Shaw, PR Parker

I think there are a few positions where you will see a lot of players rotated, those positions are tight end (Hannah), wide receiver (Parker, Carr, McDaniel, Owens), defensive end (Boston, McNeil, Charles), NT/DT (Griffin, Guion), LB (M. Ball), and CB (Garvin, J. Robinson).

Which offensive and defensive players have been the most pleasant surprises so far?

Chris: Offensively I have been surprised by freshman offensive lineman Rodney Hudson. The talented product was physically ready to compete as soon as he stepped on campus but he has done a great job of making a quick transition. His hard work and consistency in practice has earned him a starting role but I expect senior offensive guard Jacky Claude to re-claim that starting spot before the Clemson game. That being said, Hudson gives offensive line coach Rick Trickett some depth he can trust in.

On offense, senior wide receiver De'Cody Fagg was a close second to Hudson as he has looked like an entirely different player this preseason who is poised to have a huge year. Fagg is faster and his confidence is at an all-time high. It is amazing how many short catches he has turned into huge plays this preseason. Couple other wide receivers are showing they are ready to make an impact such as Preston Parker, Damon McDaniel, and even freshman Bert Reed who has a knack for big catches.

Defensively Budd Thacker has been a pleasant surprise. Thacker has an amazing work ethic and a personality that fits the Seminole defense. He has done a great job performing at a high level consistently in the trenches. His strength and tenacity are what help him make plays but the fact he does not allow himself to be stopped is what makes him special. I see big things from Budd this year in the middle of the defensive line. Dekoda Watson has also done a great job of making the transition to a different position this preseason and he makes plays.

Derek: Offensively, De'Cody Fagg has been phenomenal in practice. He used to be just the big guy who caught tough passes over the middle, but he's shown the ability to break away from tacklers and exhibit a burst of speed. The wideouts as a whole have been a much-improved unit and Fagg leads the way.

Defensively, Dekoda Watson has been very good. Many people thought that strongside job would be Marcus Ball's for the taking, but Watson has been able to hold Ball off all fall.

IRA: On offense, it's easily De'Cody Fagg. Somebody needs to check that guy's fingerprints, because I'm not sure he's the same person that we've seen wearing No. 81 the past few years. In the Pre-Practice Roundtable we did on Aug. 5, I listed De'Cody as one of the guys who had to step up this year. What I said was that he had NFL talent but probably wouldn't get a shot at the next level if he didn't step it up. Well, if he plays like he has in the scrimmages, he'll be a first-day draft guy easily.

On defense, I'd say Derek Nicholson. When a guy returns from a torn ACL, you always wonder if he'll be timid or slow to come back -- especially at a position that requires a lot of cutting, like RB, WR or LB. But this guy is a little wrecking ball out there. Marcus Ball and Geno Hayes can deliver some nasty hits, but I don't know if anyone likes to hit more than Nicholson.

Gene: On offense, De'Cody Fagg and Rodney Hudson are good choices, but to me Ryan McMahon is the biggest surprise. Here's a guy that just last fall was a fourth string defensive tackle taking a redshirt season. Now, he's heart and soul of Rick Trickett's offensive line. In the spring we thought it was just aberration that he was the first team center, but he has not only earned the spot going into his redshirt freshman season, he's one of the most dominating OLs on the team.

On defense, I have to give it up for Letroy Guion. At the end of last year he was a good defensive tackle, but he has looked like an All-American the last couple weeks of practice. Everybody penciled in Paul Griffin as the starter next to Andre Fluellen, but it was no contest between the two. But there was a pretty close contest between Guion and Budd Thacker, who might be my #2 surprise on defense.

Which unit has been better than you expected in practice, and which one did you expect to see more from?

Gene: Hands down winner is the wide receivers. After Tuesday's scrimmage, both Bobby Bowden and Jimbo Fisher were complementary of this unit, and this has been a recurring theme. Whether it's Lawrence Dawsey's coaching or Jimbo Fisher's offense, the receiver corps have look like a fine tuned machine - the route running is better, there are less drops and the blocking down field has drastically improved.

The other side of the coin has been a disappointing secondary. With everybody back from last season this was supposed to be a team strength, but so far they have been very average. Myron Rolle has been solid but this was the year we expected him to make more big plays - it hasn't happened in practice. And the cornerbacks have turned in very few interceptions and pass break-ups, and at the same time have given up too many long pass plays.

Derek: As stated earlier, the wide receivers have gone above and beyond expectations. Lawrence Dawsey has gone a very good job of instilling toughness into the entire unit. The receivers have embraced that attitude, when, just as easily, they could have rebelled against it.

As deep as the secondary is, it's a little surprising that they've been victimized by some long throws and that receivers have turned some short passes into long gains.

Chris: Wide receivers have been better than I expected. I expected them to be improved due to Lawrence Dawsey demanding that they improve in all aspects of the game but the product they have put on the field is legit. Short catches are becoming long hauls because of blocking downfield and players making plays. On running plays you see a safety or linebacker taken out of the play by a wide receiver getting down the field and doing their job. The cornerbacks have been filled with compliments throughout the preseason for the change they have seen out of the wide receivers. De'Cody Fagg has been the player that has improved the most but the depth is amazingly improved this year at the position. Also, and I think this is the biggest compliment to Dawsey and the offensive staff, they are using the strengths of individual wide receivers to put them in position to make plays with the ball in their hands.

I expected to see more from the defensive ends. Everette Brown put the work in during the off-season to prepare himself physically to take his game to another level on the field. Alex Boston is healthy and entering his senior season. Kevin McNeil returned from the injuries suffered during a tragic off-season car accident. Neefy Moffett looked to breaking out in the spring. Eli Charles, while a walk-on, is a guy who has a tendency to show up on the stat sheet. The disappointing thing to me is that through three scrimmages I just didn't see the production you would expect from the defensive ends. If this defense wants to be a great defense, they need to have the speed rush coming off the edge making plays and I just haven't seen that. To their defense, Jody Allen did comment recently that every player in his group is battling minor injuries.

IRA: I've been most impressed by the receivers. If there's one position that has seen a total transformation, that one is it. Fagg is quicker, Greg Carr is blocking, Richard Goodman is running nasty routes (and is catching the ball in traffic), and Preston Parker and Damon McDaniel just keep getting better and better. If they get anything out of the freshman WRs and Joslin Shaw, it will be gravy. This will be FSU's best WR group in several years IMHO.

I've been a little disappointed with the corners, other than the starters. Tony Carter is a bad man ... there's nothing more to say there. And Michael Ray has looked fine. But the other corners have had some issues, from what I've seen. Maybe that's a sign that the receivers have improved THAT much (see the first half of this answer). The DBs haven't been bad. But I guess I just expected more big plays from a group that has a lot of talent.

It looks like Weatherford will be named the starting quarterback for the opener at Clemson. Thoughts?

Derek: Assuming Jimbo Fisher names Weatherford the starter, if you looked at the stats, it would be no surprise. Some fans can cry "conspiracy theory" all they want and swear that Xavier Lee still hasn't received a fair shake, but Weatherford's simply been more effective under center. I think the icing on the cake was the scrimmage where Weatherford led touchdown drives with both the first- and second-team offenses. Lee can make spectacular plays, but he'll also make a play -- the intentional grounding versus Maryland comes to mind -- that leaves you scratching your head. Fisher is looking consistency at quarterback. Weatherford may not be dazzling, but he is more consistent.

IRA: If Drew gets the starting nod as expected, I think it's a sign that Drew is most capable of leading the offense into action on Sept. 3. I wouldn't read more into it than that. This is not the end of the battle. Jimbo wants two QBs to be ready. He's not going to let Xavier go into a shell the way the previous staff did. I can guarantee it. In fact, I'd be stunned if they didn't have some sort of package for Lee in that opening game. But there's no question, in my mind anyway, that Drew is better at running the offense right now. For whatever reason, whether it's the 1's or the 2's, the offense moves smoother when Drew is in the game. But if it ever clicks for Lee, I think they'll both end up playing a lot this year.

Gene: There is no decision to be made. As coach Mickey Andrews likes to say, "we don't decide who starts, the players do." That's exactly what has happened during two-a-days and no reasonable person that witnessed Drew Weatherford and Xavier Lee in practices could say otherwise. Yes, I know Lee has a rocket arm, I realize he is fleet of foot, and yes he has an amazing quick release and with a flick of his wrist can launch the pigskin 80 yards - and he's got a great sense of humor (see Xavier TV). BUT Weatherford is the better quarterback in Jimbo Fisher's system, at least right now. He's more comfortable running his offense, has been more effective in scrimmages, and day in and day out has posted better stats in practice. It's simple and every coach will agree - performance is more important than potential.

All that being said, Lee will get plenty of playing time this season, and it wouldn't surprise me if he gets a chance to start at some point.

Chris: My thoughts on the starting quarterback situation is that we better have an effective offensive line and a consistent rushing attack. The front five and Antone Smith are the most important players on the Florida State offense. The quarterback needs to effectively execute the offense, get the ball in the hands of the wide receivers, sustain drives, and most importantly, not lose games for FSU.

After having two weeks of practice in the books, do you feel better, worse, or the same about FSU's chances against Clemson in the opener?

IRA: I feel better. The defense appears to better than I expected, particularly the defensive line. If they stay healthy, this could be a tough group to score on. And that meshes well with the new offensive staff, which should do a better job of keeping the defense out of bad field position. Death Valley's a miserable place to play at night, but I think FSU fans will be happy with what they see.

Chris: I feel exactly the same. It is the going to be close, ugly, and all about controlling the clock. I give the 'Noles the nod simply because I think they have a better defense and an offense that the Tigers know less about. My main concern is how they handle what will certainly be a very hostile environment in Death Valley on Labor Day Night.

Gene: Obviously Vegas feels better about FSU's chances since the line has gone up and the 'Noles are now favored by a field goal. Considering the 'Noles are coming off a 7-6 season, are breaking in a new staff and starting the season on the road against a pretty good opponent in a very hostile stadium, that line is surprising. But yes, I do feel slightly better, mostly because there have been no major injuries to a starter. I think this game will all come down to the trenches and who can run the football better. We know Clemson has some outstanding backs, but this could be Antone Smith's breakout party on a national stage.

Derek: I feel the same. FSU has a pretty good chance against Clemson. Yes, the Seminoles are breaking in a new offensive staff, but Clemson is breaking in a new quarterback, who could possibly be scared witless when he makes his first start on Labor Day on national television. Clemson has two great running backs, but the Tigers have to throw the ball to keep the FSU defense honest. If FSU can rattle Clemson's quarterback and the Seminoles' defensive line plays to its capabilities, it can win.
TEAMYANKEES

Back
Top Bottom