Real Deal College Football Discussion... no homers please

Quote:
dfresh,

I have bet on UNC the last two games... and they lost to Virginia at home this past weekend who isnt very good at all. i do not see the upset likely at all, and i believe south florida will win by at least 10. however, im a west coast guy, and dont know any inside info or anything like that

Team49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
Patrick Willis = DROY in 2007​

32581831.jpg
32581834.jpg

:rofl:
roll.gif
:wow:
eek.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

Popcorn & Raisinettes, My Life's a Movie

roll.gif

Looking like he just saw the spawn of Satan. :lol:
laugh.gif
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin 23ska909red02 KingLouisXIV DS 530s Finest sir hendrix Rexanglorum Kiddin Like Jason
TEAMCOWBOYS

roll.gif
@ the scoreboard sports ticker msgs :lol:
laugh.gif

[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

laugh.gif
TEAMYANKEES
TEAM SEMINOLES
antone smith , greg carr , preston parker ,andre fluellen ,tony carter,letroy guion , everette brown , paul griffin , geno hayes , myron rolle , marcus ball​

Yo, I really think that Deion Walker is gonna end up at either PSU or VT.....More that likely VT. I want him at FSU since we lost out on Brice Butler....But the logical thing to do would be to go to VT. Especially with 4 recivers leaving. He could step right in and get some burn. And he's already cool with Rod Tyler, and could prove to be a good QB/WR combo......with all that said......COME TO FSU BOY!!!!! :evil:
devil.gif
TEAMYANKEES
TEAM SEMINOLES
antone smith , greg carr , preston parker ,andre fluellen ,tony carter,letroy guion , everette brown , paul griffin , geno hayes , myron rolle , marcus ball​

Texas is on that old school FSU and Miami stuff.

Quote:
AUSTIN (AP) - Texas freshman running back James Henry has been charged with two felony counts of obstruction and tampering with evidence, making him the sixth Longhorns player arrested since June.

Henry, arrested Monday, is accused of beating up one of the victims of a July home invasion that allegedly involved two other players, Andre Jones and Robert Joseph.
Henry was booked into Travis County Jail where bond was set at $30,000. He was released Tuesday morning and coach Mack Brown said he was suspended indefinitely from the team.

Henry, who redshirted last season, has played in two games on special teams for the No. 7 Longhorns. Travis County jail and court administration officials did not immediately have a record of an attorney for him.

"It was a mishap," Henry told the San Antonio Express-News after his release. "They just came and got me, and said they had a warrant for me. I'm trying to figure out what's going on."

Brown defended the integrity of his team and football program when he met with reporters after practice Tuesday.

"When someone is accused of trouble or has trouble, it is devastating to me personally," he said. "It's really all on me. It's on me alone. I'm responsible for making all the final decisions at the football office at the University of Texas. It's obvious I need to be more accountable and do a better job."

When asked what changes he might make within his program, Brown said he didn't know yet.

"I've got to go back and look at everything I'm doing. Twenty-three years as a head coach, I've dealt with more in six months than I have in 23 years," he said.

Henry's arrest is the latest trouble for a program reeling under a string of arrests. On Monday, Brown reinstated linebacker Sergio Kindle and defensive end Henry Melton, who had been suspended for the first three games because of drunken driving arrests over the summer.

Last week, senior safety Tyrell Gatewood was suspended indefinitely after his arrest on drug charges. Freshman defensive back Ben Wells, who was riding with Gatewood when he was pulled over, was given a citation for possession of drug paraphernalia and released.

Jones remains suspended from the team. Joseph had already left the team before his July arrest because of an earlier incident.

Austin police learned of Henry's involvement by listening to taped recordings of Joseph's phone calls from jail, said Det. Anthony Bigongiari.

During the investigation of the robbery, one of the victims told police that some of Joseph's friends had assaulted them. In one of the taped phone calls, Henry said he "went over there and whupped" one of the victims, who told police they were thrown on the ground and punched and kicked in the head several times, Bigongiari said.

Henry, who did not participate in the robbery, was charged with tampering because police believe he disposed of a backpack containing items stolen in the home invasion, Bigongiari said.

Police also charged a third person, Eddie Ramirez, who is not a football player, with threatening the victims.

Brown said Henry would have been suspended earlier if the team had known the latest allegations. But he also acknowledged that team officials knew Henry continued to be questioned by police and had been interviewed at police headquarters as late as Aug. 20.

Brown said he did not feel he could have taken any action until charges were filed. He said team officials asked Henry about the police interview but would not divulge what the player told the football staff.

advertisement
STORY TOOLS:

print
send
blog LIKE THIS STORY?

Brown said he is disappointed that the arrests have embarrassed the program but challenged the notion that Texas is riddled with problems.

"Young people who do not obey the law, university or team rules will continue to be disciplined with a stern hand and we will move forward. We continue to have a zero tolerance policy in that regard," Brown said. "I will put our long-term record of character up against anyone, and that's why these situations upset me so much."

University president William Powers Jr. issued a statement supporting the coach.

"I applaud coach Mack Brown for taking swift action in disciplining a member of his football team," Powers said. "I strongly endorse the penalties he has imposed on this player and others who have been arrested for various offenses. I know coach Brown feels accountable for the conduct of his team and that these players must be held accountable for their own behavior on and off the field."

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Lets go Bulls, UCLA,Dodgers and Cowboys!
TEAMCOWBOYS

Well we werent know As the Criminoles and THUG U for nothing :lol:
laugh.gif
TEAMYANKEES
TEAM SEMINOLES

Quote:
A college football Web site EveryDayShouldBeSaturday.com annually anoints a team with the most offseason legal issues as the winner of its "Fulmer Cup." The cup is named for Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer because the Volunteers had almost a dozen football players arrested before the 2004 season. :lol:
laugh.gif

Quote:
Rivals.com All-Suspended team
Texas is not the only school with off-field issues. Here's a team of players that have been suspended for at least one game this season for various reasons:
OFFENSE
QB Blake Mitchell, South Carolina
RB LaMarcus Coker, Tennessee
RB Brad Lester, Auburn
WR Maurice Purify, Nebraska
WR Keith Brown, Alabama
WR Billy Pittman, Texas
TE Andrew Quarless, Penn State
OL Ronnie Wilson, Florida
OL James Thompson, South Carolina
OL Clint Huntrods, Iowa
OL Oscar Ponce de Leon, Tulane
OL Andy Roof, Washington State
DEFENSE
DE Jamal Cooper, Wisconsin
DT Terrill Byrd, Cincinnati
DT Derrell Hand, Notre Dame
DE Marcus Harrison, Arkansas
LB Michael Tauiliili, Duke
LB Sergio Kindle, Texas
LB Prince Hall, Alabama
DB Tyrell Gatewood, Texas
CB Jordan Murchison, Washington
CB Ellis Lankster, West Virginia
S Elijah Fields, Pittsburgh
S Emanuel Cook, South Carolina
ALSO:
Mascot: The Oregon Duck

TEAMYANKEES
TEAM SEMINOLES

Will Hill is a Gator, and says he's playin safety. :wow:
eek.gif
laugh.gif

UF is pretty much a lock for being No. 1 next season...Tebow, Harvin, E. Moody, + the No. 2 recruit in the nation :wow:
eek.gif
:wow:
eek.gif
, I definitely picked the right school to go to.

Will Hill is a @#%$ monster.....But I knew he was gonna be a gator.....He just seems like a gator kid. Plus after I read about him down at friday night lights, I knew it was a wrap......
TEAMYANKEES
TEAM SEMINOLES

Will Hill is way overrated to me....

Looking at his stats...and his vids....he just doesn't seem like a No.2 player in the nation to me.

laugh.gif

Aug. 22ndAF WRITER:
Quote:
I bet my life Michigan beats OSU this year as long as those 3 play.

:nerd:
nerd.gif
GUnna Get it:
Quote:
With Lloyd Carr coaching? U wrote your will already?

:nerd:
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom