Real Discussion: Whats your relationship with your father like?

Originally Posted by archnoobie

Originally Posted by Dapper D

Damn a lot of people got ##+* up relationship's wit their father...
Well the same wit me...
We see each other in the street and we walk by each other
laugh.gif
Y'all have a bad relationship and see each other out and about?

He lives a couple of blocks from my old neighborhood so we tend to see each other...
When that happens we just keep it moving...no hugs...no hello's...not even a head nod
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by archnoobie

Damn a lot of people got ##+* up relationship's wit their father...
Well the same wit me...
We see each other in the street and we walk by each other
laugh.gif
Y'all have a bad relationship and see each other out and about?

He lives a couple of blocks from my old neighborhood so we tend to see each other...
When that happens we just keep it moving...no hugs...no hello's...not even a head nod
laugh.gif
I dont know if I would be able to take that. It was hard enough knowing that my biological was in Memphis but to walk by him regularly andnothing? Man I'm sorry to hear that. Fathers need to take care of their responsibilities. PERIOD

i don't want to get banned from nt for cursing, so...

he's just a random dude to me. i have nothing to say to him.
he's my biggest example of what not to be like.

i'ma keep it short cuz i know i'ma start ranting...but man...when i was a lil younger, i tried to block out how i really felt. as i get older, i thinkabout it a lot more. life is messed up without both parents in your life. when one parent has to take on the role of two parents and raise a child on her own,a lot of things are sacrificed. a lot of struggling usually takes place. my mom struggled a lot. still does...while this dude runs around and takes care ofother ppl's kids. i'm grown now but that stuff hurts.

realizing that my life and her life could have been so much better if he made different choices in life hurts a lot. realizing that it is what it is and i willnever experience what i should have in life (having a father that was there) hurts more.

whats the half a bar that jay spits at the end of takeover? that explains how i feel about my father.

ive never met my father kinda sad the only thing i would want a father for would be for him to be with my moms

I have a great relationship with my dad. He's always been an amazing, supporting, loving father.
I'm a daddy's girl who's lucky to have had her father growing up.

I was mighty cool with my pops but he passed when I was 18, funny this thread should come up because it was exactly 2 yrs to the day yesterday.

Damn T rest in peace to your pops
what part of the B you in?

its sad though that a lot of us have messed up relationships with our pops.
Hope all of us do better

i guess you can say its alright wit my pops. he went to jail when i was 12 and got out when i was 19. once he got out its been ok. i mean we get into he actlike a kid at times and will do anything for his chick and her son but cant compilan im 21 so i cant be crying for attention. i mean he will cash out for mefor what i need but that only goes so far. i jus wish he would take more time out his day for me. make sense?

pretty much non existent. he came back into my life for a little bit when I was about 16-18. then i saw him back in august this year, i'm 27 now. We have ALOT in common, but I really don't know. I don't really have much against him

It's pretty good. I can talk to him - which is more than what some Asian kids can say about their relationship with their father - and he keeps me in check.

I got mad love for my dad, when I was a kid I was a momma's boy for sure. Then we moved to America and he stayed behind for 6 years, he came here with us 3years ago. Our relationship is def better, he's hella cool and I won't have any other dad. We play 2k9, fight night, and watch sports together and wealways spend time every sunday. Can't have it any other way, I got much love for my dad, he's been an excellent father to me!

I don't talk to him much at all. maybe twice a year, if that (didn't grow up with him). If i talk to him/ hang out with him, he's mad cool forabout the first hour; after that he feels the need to criticize and over-analyze every little thing I do. Son is a perfectionist to the heart. He's nevergiven me bad advice though. I'm 25 btw.

It's getting way better ever since I left for college in the fall. It's hard not to respect my determination anyways.

Back
Top Bottom