Real Discussion: Whats your relationship with your father like?

My pops and Is relationship is real good.

Whenever I need advice I talk to him.

I sometimes decide to hang out and chill with him rather than with my homies....

We go play some good 'ol futbol every Sunday morning.

Last big memory I remember was this past summer when we stayed up watching the Olympics and Team USA get crowned.

Never gunna forget that
pimp.gif

My Dad and I were watching a chick flick together earlier between the basketball games
laugh.gif

I love my pops. We click on sports and got the same greedy appetites. But we differ when it comes to liquor. I might have seen my dad lift a beer once in mylife whereas I'm like Frank the Tank. I appreciate who he is cause we cool as hell. I still get geeked when I beat him in pool. He more conservative andlaid back. Great man!

%@!% that $##$*

He lives 5 minutes away, Ain't spoke to him in 3 years. Only time we spoke at that time is cause he came in the store I worked at randomly.

me and my dad have a relationship that could be described as OK at best

i just wish he talked more with me instead of at me

Originally Posted by JBug88

typical relationship growing up. he was cool.
ages 15-20 barely spoke to him. typical teenager stuff..
21-now, we get progressively cooler with each other each year.
especially once I became a father. it's a revelation as to what he did for me growing up.

-J-

yo, thats exactly how it is for me!

my dad is my best friend. i know im blessed and i thank god everyday for our relationship

we speak very randomly havent seen him since 2004 or 05. we spoke on da phone for the first tme on his Bday in FEB. when i found out he had a stroke didntspeak to him since then. and he has 2 granddaugthers he's never met.

My pops was around so I knew who he was. However even as a child I never really liked him. You wanna come around one every 6 months and switch stuff like yourthe boss? nah dude.

moms kicked him out when i was about 6 ... i still saw him from time to time but never really developed a strong relationship with him ... now, hes having alot of health issues and i dont talk to him much ... i probably should because i know he cares, but he couldnt put the bottle down long enough to stick aroundso ... thats where it is

I love my pops
He don't live with us right now because of work reasons, he stayin in San Antonio about to open his plumbing business.
Growing up he was a immigrant so he worked hard to achieve his goals and make it work under circumstances that were given.
He was always there for me, showed me the tough love only when necessary, now that I'm older he acts cooler and jokes around alot he's just an allaround casual guy.
Though there was times when I hated him i.e. Whenever he argued with my mom but after about 3 months of counseling they act like newly weds again
laugh.gif
It feels great whenever I go down there every summer to work with him...but it brings a tear to my eye whenever it's my last day over there and he says"I really enjoyed this time we spent and it makes me feel good that even though I #%%+## up you still love me."

Back
Top Bottom