Real Talk....What does one person need with more then 100 million dollars?

Originally Posted by UTVOL23

Its all relative man. Dont know how much you are making now but the avg household is like 40-50K then 500K seems like a lot but when you are in a higher tax bracket everything goes up in cost. HOA fees, the upkeep on your home and cars, a 2nd mortgage on a vacation home, paying back hundreds of thousands in loan for higher education ( I speak from personal experience) etc etc etc 300K can be spent in a blink of an eye.

but arent some of those cost brought on by choice? For instance sure you can afford to move into a million dollar home and pay on it, but if someone that made 300k after Taxes moved into a 300-500k home, drove a 2011 Toyota, and sent their kid to lets say a good instate school (ie lets say GA Tech), would life be that hard? Once again THEY DONT HAVE to do these things, nor am I suggesting they should, but if they did, couldnt they live pretty good and have alot of money still? Because I pretty much described how someone who makes 80k lives.

I think at that point you're just stacking and leaving behind a legacy.

It would take hard work to blow that kind of dough.

And all of your future generations should be good to go.

Of course they could live on less than 300K but perspectives change and what one becomes accustomed to changes and enjoys the finer things in life after years of hardwork. Most of those things are bought on choice hell even a lot of what you listed is quite nice.

For example I know you stay in the polo thread. If you had a higher income your tastes my change and would start buying more purple label, dining at finer restuarants of course they are not necessities but it is what you enjoy and have become accustomed too and like you said it is YOUR Money not the governments to take

Of course they could live on less than 300K but perspectives change and what one becomes accustomed to changes and enjoys the finer things in life after years of hardwork. Most of those things are bought on choice hell even a lot of what you listed is quite nice.

For example I know you stay in the polo thread. If you had a higher income your tastes my change and would start buying more purple label, dining at finer restuarants of course they are not necessities but it is what you enjoy and have become accustomed too and like you said it is YOUR Money not the governments to take

The road to a million is very cut throat I can just imagine 100 million or even a 1 Billion .A lot of bribes,murder,and extortion when you have that much money everything is run by secrets so you gotta be aware of who's around you.

The road to a million is very cut throat I can just imagine 100 million or even a 1 Billion .A lot of bribes,murder,and extortion when you have that much money everything is run by secrets so you gotta be aware of who's around you.

We got way off topic though you initially started out talking about 100s of milions now we are discussing 500K

We got way off topic though you initially started out talking about 100s of milions now we are discussing 500K

Not everyone who is rich is greedy and selfish. I don't understand why people expect rich people to just give away billions as if the money was free and they didn't work hard for it.

Not everyone who is rich is greedy and selfish. I don't understand why people expect rich people to just give away billions as if the money was free and they didn't work hard for it.

Originally Posted by G o D Jewels

It takes a ruthless and cold person to be in that top 1%.

warren_buffett.gif

LuckyLuchiano wrote:
What are your thoughts on these CEOs that make hundreds and millions A YEAR?

Like You can't spend that in a life time....and when you die you can't take it to hell with you.

Idk it just boggles me how screwed up the economy is, yet you got Secret Billionaires who do nothing for it.

And most these insanely rich individuals do nothing to stimulate the economy because they are either OD frugal or spend all their money on foreign stuff.

I mean I know its their money and they dont have to give anyone a dime, but really is this greed or what?

Straight up, if Someone offered you 100 million dollars would you be satisfied and just do what it takes to maintain a comfortable lifestyle? Or do you feel that you must make 100 million a year to survive. smh

For an economy to grow, you need capital accumulation. You need people who spend less than they make/have saved, whether they are billionaires, millionaires, middle class depositors or CD holders in banks or working class people who pay premiums on insurance or who have part of their money in pension fund. You need that money to be lent out so that cash poor but industrious people can create growth and sustainable jobs and make it so that a greater and greater share of the population can afford more and more of the basic necessities and basic comforts of life.

I am glad that billionaires do not just spend, spend, spend because all it would do in the short run is drive up prices and i the long run, leave the world with less working capital and therefore more poverty.

LuckyLuchiano wrote:

Like You can't spend that in a life time....and when you die you can't take it to hell with you.

Idk it just boggles me how screwed up the economy is, yet you got Secret Billionaires who do nothing for it.

And most these insanely rich individuals do nothing to stimulate the economy because they are either OD frugal or spend all their money on foreign stuff.

I mean I know its their money and they dont have to give anyone a dime, but really is this greed or what?

Straight up, if Someone offered you 100 million dollars would you be satisfied and just do what it takes to maintain a comfortable lifestyle? Or do you feel that you must make 100 million a year to survive. smh

For an economy to grow, you need capital accumulation. You need people who spend less than they make/have saved, whether they are billionaires, millionaires, middle class depositors or CD holders in banks or working class people who pay premiums on insurance or who have part of their money in pension fund. You need that money to be lent out so that cash poor but industrious people can create growth and sustainable jobs and make it so that a greater and greater share of the population can afford more and more of the basic necessities and basic comforts of life.

I am glad that billionaires do not just spend, spend, spend because all it would do in the short run is drive up prices and i the long run, leave the world with less working capital and therefore more poverty.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

I never understood the "you can't take it with you" argument. To me the greatest benefit to being wealthy (not rich) is passing that wealth down through generations.
I feel you though OP, if I was a billionaire or even close, I wouldn't know what to do with myself. 

I do know I'd make sure my future generations would be taken care of for at least century, I'd own and do everything I wanted to, and I'd do serious philanthropic work and I'd want to be extremely hands on about it. 

I disagree. I'd want my wealth to only last a few generations past myself. I mean, you're not going to meet your great great grandkids, you might not even have liked them if possible. I might be up in Heaven looking down on them like, "What douchebags, destroying my family name, and living of all my money and hard work."

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

I never understood the "you can't take it with you" argument. To me the greatest benefit to being wealthy (not rich) is passing that wealth down through generations.
I feel you though OP, if I was a billionaire or even close, I wouldn't know what to do with myself. 

I do know I'd make sure my future generations would be taken care of for at least century, I'd own and do everything I wanted to, and I'd do serious philanthropic work and I'd want to be extremely hands on about it. 

I disagree. I'd want my wealth to only last a few generations past myself. I mean, you're not going to meet your great great grandkids, you might not even have liked them if possible. I might be up in Heaven looking down on them like, "What douchebags, destroying my family name, and living of all my money and hard work."

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

LuckyLuchiano wrote:

I know what your talking too from my Finance and Econ courses I forget the term I want to use though. I mean idk kind of a complicated situation.

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

LuckyLuchiano wrote:

I know what your talking too from my Finance and Econ courses I forget the term I want to use though. I mean idk kind of a complicated situation.

Frugality is the Foundation of Wealth

No one on this earth NEEDS $100 million USD/GBP/EUR. I will never knock them for accumulating that much wealth tho.

The whole $300k isn't a lot of money argument is hog wash.. Sure, it's not a lot if you're trying to maintain an affluent lifestyle and keep up with the jones's, but compared to every single wealth statistic in America you're doing it extremely big as far as income goes. From NYC to San Fran and every po dunk town or metropolis in between $300k a year to "live" is a lot of f'n money I don't care how you cut it.

Back
Top Bottom