REAL TALK, What is so special about the Air Yeezy?

I dislike when suckas avoid my confrontation, but Yeezys are not special kiddos
I bought all 3 colorways pair multiple times over, and hated them the more n more i bought them loll

I dislike when suckas avoid my confrontation, but Yeezys are not special kiddos
I bought all 3 colorways pair multiple times over, and hated them the more n more i bought them loll

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Kanye west wears them and the hypebeasts love it.

If these were named Nike Air Tech Hybrid or something they would not be hyped at all.
they look liked some trash #%$ shoes when i first saw pics of them. Then i found out they were called the Yeezy's and it was Kanye's shoe. Thus i figured out the hype around it

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Kanye west wears them and the hypebeasts love it.

If these were named Nike Air Tech Hybrid or something they would not be hyped at all.
they look liked some trash #%$ shoes when i first saw pics of them. Then i found out they were called the Yeezy's and it was Kanye's shoe. Thus i figured out the hype around it

1. It's Kanye's first sig shoe with Nike
2. Regardless of hate/hype, materials used on them really are on point, some of the best on a Nike sneaker in quite a while
3. Unique colorways
4. It's Kanye's first sig shoe with Nike
5. Only 3000 pairs were made
6. Did I mention it's Kanye's first sig shoe with Nike?

1. It's Kanye's first sig shoe with Nike
2. Regardless of hate/hype, materials used on them really are on point, some of the best on a Nike sneaker in quite a while
3. Unique colorways
4. It's Kanye's first sig shoe with Nike
5. Only 3000 pairs were made
6. Did I mention it's Kanye's first sig shoe with Nike?

All hype aside the shoe is just not attractive to me, the model or the colorways. The materials may be "better quality" but soft leather and solid stitching cant cover up for an ugly shoe and get me to spend even $100 on a pair. Id rather spend money on something that i would actually wear, not just buy them for hype, e-cred, as a collectors item or an ego boost.

All hype aside the shoe is just not attractive to me, the model or the colorways. The materials may be "better quality" but soft leather and solid stitching cant cover up for an ugly shoe and get me to spend even $100 on a pair. Id rather spend money on something that i would actually wear, not just buy them for hype, e-cred, as a collectors item or an ego boost.

Originally Posted by Darkwing Duck

Co-Sign.. They look so generic..

Originally Posted by Darkwing Duck

Co-Sign.. They look so generic..

Hype is definitely a big part of it, but people also like the design (which I don't think is generic) and Kanye's name attached to it.

Hype is definitely a big part of it, but people also like the design (which I don't think is generic) and Kanye's name attached to it.

nothing is special about them at all.... they were the 1st true "hypebeast" by definition release in my opinion.... ugly shape, color, price, style EVERYTHING but Kanye endorsement and limited qualities made this the bandwagon drop for the masses.... you couldn't GIVE me these cuz I'd straight up trade or sell them in an instant they look off-brand not even like real Nikes in my opinion.... Ray-Ray 13s is some limited drop biz done with style and dignity.... not this crap

EDIT: I meant limited quantities, but limited qualities works also lol

/thread

nothing is special about them at all.... they were the 1st true "hypebeast" by definition release in my opinion.... ugly shape, color, price, style EVERYTHING but Kanye endorsement and limited qualities made this the bandwagon drop for the masses.... you couldn't GIVE me these cuz I'd straight up trade or sell them in an instant they look off-brand not even like real Nikes in my opinion.... Ray-Ray 13s is some limited drop biz done with style and dignity.... not this crap

EDIT: I meant limited quantities, but limited qualities works also lol

/thread

For me:

-One of my favorite rappers/artist
-Colorways executed nicely...cept zen should've had a GITD swoosh and the Tan should've had a yellowed sole like Ye's
-Nice, clean hightop design
-Rich, quality materials...i know we throw around the word "quality"...but this is quality
-GITD sole is nice...pretty corny, but makes me giggle at night
laugh.gif

-The useless strap (looks good)
-Comfy

To those screaming hype...most of us here @ NT been on that sneaker since day 1

Back
Top Bottom