Recreational Marijuana Sale Begins in Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why are bpeople still getting arrested and criminalized for a substance that is now being used to heal. And as far as i'm concerned big business being further involved in manufacturing and distributing drugs is going to lead up too Marijuana having harmful components to it.

Colorado’s Pot Shops Say They’ll Be Sold Out Any Day Now

A few days into the experiment, the new world of legal recreational marijuana sales in Colorado appears to be a big success—so much so that pot shops are finding it impossible to keep up with demand.

According to the Denver Post, at least 37 stores in Colorado were licensed to sell recreational pot to anyone 21 or over as of New Year’s Day. The Associated Press and others reported long lines outside Denver pot shops, with some eager customers forced to wait three to five hours before getting a chance to go inside, step up to the counter, and make a purchase.

Prices have been steep—in some cases, stores were charging $50 or even $70 for one-eighth of an ounce of pot that cost medical marijuana users just $25 the day before—and taxes add on an extra 20% or so. Even so, sales have been brisk.

The two operational pot shops in Pueblo collectively sold $87,000 of marijuana on January 1, per the Pueblo Chieftain, and store owners say that if demand persists anywhere near the current high, they’ll be sold out in the very near future. Likewise, Toni Fox, owner of the 3D Cannabis Center in Denver, told the Colorado Springs Gazette that a sellout is imminent. “We are going to run out,” she said on Thursday, day 2 of legal recreational marijuana sales. “It’s insane. This weekend will be just as crazy. If there is a mad rush, we’ll be out by Monday.”

Another Associated Press story noted that some shops had to close early on Wednesday because they’d didn’t have enough marijuana on hand to oblige customers.

(MORE: Colorado’s ‘High Country’ Takes on New Meaning)

For more than a month, many have speculated that Colorado pot shops would not be able to meet demand due to the limited number of stores open in the state, as well as tough regulations regarding how marijuana is grown and distributed at the wholesale level. Of course, strong demand—especially from “smokebirds,” a.k.a. out-of-state tourists visiting Colorado for legal marijuana purchases—also plays a big role. By most accounts, since January 1 more than half of pot sales have gone to non-Coloradans.

Prices in legal pot shops have already risen to upwards of $400 an ounce. Once you factor in taxes, as well as the fact that it looks like shops may periodically be sold out for a while, and some are saying the situation is one that could push pot enthusiasts back to buying marijuana on the black market. “People will get real tired of paying the taxes real fast,” one street dealer in Pueblo named Tracy told the Chieftain. “When you can buy an ounce from me for $225 to $300, the state adds as much as $90 just for the tax.”

http://business.time.com/2014/01/04/colorados-pot-shops-say-theyll-be-sold-out-any-day-now/

Hope prices get better

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody who pays $70 an eighth is a sucker.

Use your brain son. It could be said that anyone paying anything for something you could grow in your backyard are suckers.

It's supply and demand. People out east are paying $65ish for an eighth because it's not legal here.

That's under  $15/gram.. They have to pay taxes, rent/lease payments, security, accountants, yadda yadda. You can get bootleg booze and cigarettes for cheaper than what the store sells but the vast majority of people would rather just walk in to a legit business to purchase.

Agreed, and it's something new on the market and there's only a few warehouse supplying it at the moment. People will pay just for the convince, I wonder how the edibles are doing.

I don't mind high prices. Smoking is a 'sin' (vice) a 'sin tax' is cool with me. Let vices be legal, tax the **** outta em, build playgrounds in the good with the cash...the issue isn't the tax for me, it's what they do with it.

Use your brain son. It could be said that anyone paying anything for something you could grow in your backyard are suckers.

It's supply and demand. People out east are paying $65ish for an eighth because it's not legal here.

Very aware of how supply and demand works. The prices need to get better with that being said. Not everyone possess the skill to grow high quality marijuana but around $30-45 an eighth should be the most it costs once supply stabilizes.

Also not sure where u mean by east but I'm from NYC and you are getting robbed if u are paying $65 an eighth. $45-55 should be the most. The ones who charge $60 are greedy

nah bruh, 70 for an eighth is a legit sucker move.

and nah, nobody I know in NY is paying more than 50 for an 8th.

that's the standard, period. even the top of the top of the top-shelf.

[quote name="SneakerHeathen" url="/t/578774/recreational-marijuana-sale-begins-in-colorado/120#post_19494805]that's the standard, period. even the top of the top of the top-shelf.[/quote]

I bet your dealer hooks you up with that Master Yoda OG Mega Kush, huh? :lol:

I don't mind high prices. Smoking is a 'sin' (vice) a 'sin tax' is cool with me. Let vices be legal, tax the **** outta em, build playgrounds in the good with the cash...the issue isn't the tax for me, it's what they do with it.

wtf? how is smoking a sin? says who? the sky man? that fairytale book?

it's a plant, should be taxed no more than whatever tax a person pays when they buy a plant on home depot or something.

I bet your dealer hooks you up with that Master Yoda OG Mega Kush, huh? :lol:

nah just your run of the mill kind bud....

Luke Skywalker,

Girl Scout Cookies,

Blue Dream,

Super Silver Haze,

Chemdawg,

Platinum Kush,

just pretty standard medical grade stuff.

Said before but worth saying again, your dealer isn't paying taxes per sale, isn't paying to rent the property to sell at, so on an so on. The price is justified by today's "standard market" which there really isn't one set in stone to begin with

This dude I had improv class with in LA stayed on the Skywalker. I never tried it though.

Last edited:
Agreed, and it's something new on the market and there's only a few warehouse supplying it at the moment. People will pay just for the convince wonder how the edibles are doing.

:x :tongue:

man I went to the first high times cup in Denver and had my first brownie edible there from a dispensary and I didn't get any feeling from the whole thing :smh:

Last edited:
:x :tongue:

man I went to the first high times cup in Denver and had my first brownie edible there from a dispensary and I didn't get any feeling from the whole thing :smh:

no lie.....

I've had a few different kinds of edibles....

rice krispy treats, brownies, muffins, lollipops and NONE of 'em got me.

meanwhile dudes is talking about how they get an intense body high....:rolleyes

do you have to be skinny or something?............

no lie.....

I've had a few different kinds of edibles....

rice krispy treats, brownies, muffins, lollipops and NONE of 'em got me.

meanwhile dudes is talking about how they get an intense body high....:rolleyes

do you have to be skinny or something?............

Crumbed 2 dime bags on top of a little Debbie brownie , smashed it, had a crazy body high, felt like I just drank 5 long islands in 10 min... With no hangover afterwords

Oh man, edibles are amazing for me. That feeling just can't be had from smoking. My friend and I made some firecrackers to have before we went on our flight to Detroit, and it was the craziest experience ever. Our flight was at like 4 or around there, and we took the train to the airport. Once we got to airport, we ate the firecracker on the train platform. I tried to time it just right, so I wouldn't be going through security high as hell, just incase something happened.

So, we finally get through security, and it hasn't hit yet. It's been about 55 minutes or so, and we're in line to get some coffee/food and BAM! It felt like my legs just gave out and I was floating. So, we make our way over to the sitting area near the terminal, and I was trying to stay cool. I knew my eyes were going to be red as hell, so I had to get up to go to the bathroom to put some eye drops in. I got back the waiting area, and I couldn't sit next to my friend, because we would just trigger eachother laughing. I swear, the whole time I was sitting down, I felt like everyone was just staring at me and knew I was high, even though they obviously didn't. I can control myself pretty well, since I'm a pretty heavy smoker.

We're ready to board the flight and take off. Holy ****. Take off was crazzzzzzy. It seriously felt like I was on a roller coaster for 20 minutes. I was actually holding on to my seat as we would turn and ****. Looking down at the clouds was simply amazing. Like your literally high in the air, and very high.

View media item 728863
Then, the flight attendant comes up to me seeing me read my Sports Illustrated and comments on it how she's a Nets fan as well and ****. I thought she looked pretty familiar and was my friends sister, but I was way too high to go into a conversation with her. Sure enough, I text my friend after we landed, and it was her.

We arrived in Detroit, and man.....like I'm high as hell, and I'm in Detroit. Now, what the hell do we do? Found a cab that charged us $50 to go the hotel which was 15 minutes away. Whatever.

Got settled into the hotel and ordered $45 worth of wings, mozzarella sticks, french fries, and ribs. That was about 9pm. We were still high as hell when we went to sleep which was around 1am. I couldn't believe it lasted that long, and that intense for that long. There was really no come down from it, which was amazing. I never want to fly sober again.

Good times.:pimp:

Last edited:
Oh man, edibles are amazing for me. That feeling just can't be had from smoking. My friend and I made some firecrackers to have before we went on our flight to Detroit, and it was the craziest experience ever. Our flight was at like 4 or around there, and we took the train to the airport. Once we got to airport, we ate the firecracker on the train platform. I tried to time it just right, so I wouldn't be going through security high as hell, just incase something happened.

So, we finally get through security, and it hasn't hit yet. It's been about 55 minutes or so, and we're in line to get some coffee/food and BAM! It felt like my legs just gave out and I was floating. So, we make our way over to the sitting area near the terminal, and I was trying to stay cool. I knew my eyes were going to be red as hell, so I had to get up to go to the bathroom to put some eye drops in. I got back the waiting area, and I couldn't sit next to my friend, because we would just trigger eachother laughing. I swear, the whole time I was sitting down, I felt like everyone was just staring at me and knew I was high, even though they obviously didn't. I can control myself pretty well, since I'm a pretty heavy smoker.

We're ready to board the flight and take off. Holy ****. Take off was crazzzzzzy. It seriously felt like I was on a roller coaster for 20 minutes. I was actually holding on to my seat as we would turn and ****. Looking down at the clouds was simply amazing. Like your literally high in the air, and very high.

Then, the flight attendant comes up to me seeing me read my Sports Illustrated and comments on it how she's a Nets fan as well and ****. I thought she looked pretty familiar and was my friends sister, but I was way too high to go into a conversation with her. Sure enough, I text my friend after we landed, and it was her.

We arrived in Detroit, and man.....like I'm high as hell, and I'm in Detroit. Now, what the hell do we do? Found a cab that charged us $50 to go the hotel which was 15 minutes away. Whatever.

Got settled into the hotel and ordered $45 worth of wings, mozzarella sticks, french fries, and ribs. That was about 9pm. We were still high as hell when we went to sleep which was around 1am. I couldn't believe it lasted that long, and that intense for that long. There was really no come down from it, which was amazing.

Good times.:pimp:

:smokin

firecrackers huh?

will try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom