Reebok 2010 ~ Twilight Zone, Court Victory (OG c/w)

jemharris -Yes the retro is only tongue bladder, this was mentioned by DJ on page 13, but that seller is just telling you what you want to hear for the sale.

Despite the flaws, they are still a decent shoe, but I feel what you're saying about the retro issues -I am happy with my TZs & Pumps, but I have no intention of buying anything from Reebok again, not unless they get it absolutely spot on next time (omni zone 1s)

However, I did un-ds my TZs the other day, comfortable, but not amazing like the Pumps were...
4466219267_6f70b3e921.jpg

If they had the heel bladder they could have been so much more

To me it seems like Reebok used elements of the OG kids version with the TZ retro.
I had a pair as a kid & they only had the pump bladder in the tongue & no highlight stitching around Reebok on the side.
(The kids version also had no true ERS & no "Reebok Basketball" stitched on the tongue).
My biggest disappointment with the TZ retro is that the tongue shape/size is way off & likewise with the crappy ball pump, Nothing like the OG

http://niketalk.com/topic/189825?page=12

that pretty much sums it up, I still think the twilight retro is one of the best shoes retro'd in Many years, and I think it was done far better than most Nike releases. The height was slightly off, the color's were on a few minor things were left off, but it was still really good. I'm still waiting to see if Reebok Corrects the whole new pump issue, I don't want a basketball pump on my AXT's, and if they don't use the OG raquetball material it would definitely be a deal breaker for me.

^ Yup yup

$125.

reebok-pump-victory-whitecitron-michael-chang-1.jpg

Reebok Court Victory Pump

reebok-pump-victory-whitecitron-michael-chang-2.jpg

Reebok Court Victory Pump

reebok-pump-victory-whitecitron-michael-chang-3.jpg

$120

[table][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]
4810-1T_MED.jpg

[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by jemharris

Just got my pair of Twilight Zones and must say I'm a bit disappointed. I after being so excited I could hardly sit still, like a little kid, I get the package, open them up and starting pumping away only to discover they are not full bladder. Then looking more closely start seeing all the differences. For me it's the little (and not so little) things that make all the difference. For example, the heel area height and shape are different. The basketball pump design is different. The printing instead of embroidery on the tongue. The colour of the pump. The lack of highlight colour surrounding the "Reebok" lettering on the side. It all ads up and I have to admit I'm quite disappointed by this retro.

I really don't understand why so many people in this thread are saying Reebok did it right and is so much better at retroing than Nike. I find it quite a poor retro, especially with the lack of full bladder pump system. I feel more of us should more vocal with our discontent and voice it directly to Reebok (or Nike, or whoever, for that matter) in the hopes that they'll take note and deliver us exactly what we want in the future. I forked out good money for something quite unnecessary, hoping it was going to be really special, but find it's not really what I was expecting. I don't feel I have grounds for a refund, nor do I want to lose shipping fees, but honestly, I might have skipped them had I known they weren't full bladder systems. I hope I don't sound petty but it's how I feel and I wonder if anyone else happens to agree with me?

Question: do you think sneaker companies have to "re-tool" to produce retros? Or use the original tooling? I really can't get my head around why retros are so often so different from OGs...
i completely agree with your assessment.

i feel like reebok is getting a free pass here, whereas if nike had released the exact same quality retro it would have been slammed.

I agree, and disagree with you Tim.  This shoe is like the Jordan 99 IV in terms of quality compared to its OG counterpart.  There are some differences regarding the cut, comfort, and sizing (plastics) but all in all its pretty close to the original.  Look what Jordan brand eventually did to the retro IV.  Instead of plastics they used rubber, the toe box was really long, nike air was removed, the shoes were very uncomfortable, the shape was all wrong, etc.  Its not the same problem with this shoe.  Nike does some retro's right and when they do people usually acknowledge that.  This pump does have some differences but ultimately they did a real good job on these.  Recently the AXT pumps leaked and everyone (myself included) is bothered by the material used for the pump mechanism.  They definitely don't get a pass, they have just been doing things right.

^ thanks man... scooped up 2 pairs of the neon court victories!!!!  Finally after i sold 2 DS pairs last year and regreted every second of it!!!

mcdollar your the man, can't wait till the neon colorway arrives on the site. That 30% discount will be very nice.

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

I agree, and disagree with you Tim.  This shoe is like the Jordan 99 IV in terms of quality compared to its OG counterpart.  There are some differences regarding the cut, comfort, and sizing (plastics) but all in all its pretty close to the original.  Look what Jordan brand eventually did to the retro IV.  Instead of plastics they used rubber, the toe box was really long, nike air was removed, the shoes were very uncomfortable, the shape was all wrong, etc.  Its not the same problem with this shoe.  Nike does some retro's right and when they do people usually acknowledge that.  This pump does have some differences but ultimately they did a real good job on these.  Recently the AXT pumps leaked and everyone (myself included) is bothered by the material used for the pump mechanism.  They definitely don't get a pass, they have just been doing things right.
you make a lot of good points, tre (i'm not sure what your real name is, lol)

and i definitely am critical of nike, too... for example, the air max '95 has become a shell of its former self.

it just surprises me that the most important part and namesake of the reebok PUMP was sort of an afterthought with these.

I love that rbk has a 30% off almost all the time it really makes ke buy stuff there instead of a Nike shoe

Most people on NT complain about Retro's not using the exact same materials as the original but sometimes they can't. The suppliers come up with different materials every season and they stop producing others. So a certain material that they used they may not do anymore or that supplier may not be in business anymore. Also blueprints and tech packs for certain shoes no longer exist. When they were designing these shoes I don't think the designers, developers, suppliers, etc were thinking lets save all this stuff so we can retro these shoes in 15 yrs. But I do think these companies do try to save a buck when it comes to retros sometimes.

Thanks Reggie, but let me add to that.  Also, due to the enviornmental issue, old materials are much more harmful then the newly developed once~ so which the old needed to be replaced.  For Nike, I dont know about reebok that they are using "Enviornmental Friendly" or "biodegradable"materials. 

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Do they not offer 1/2 sizes above 8.5? Good looks on the 30%

it's weird, i've had court victories from years and years ago but never was able to get my "true" size of 11.5.  always been getting 12s, these were no exception.

A while back I had asked how these shoes fit. I normally like to buy smaller fitting sz 10's, and larger fitting size 9.5.....If I recall the word was they run small?
Given that this shoe does not come in a 9.5 would I be better of buying a size 9 or a size 10????

Advice greatly aprecciated

Originally Posted by holler mcdollar

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Do they not offer 1/2 sizes above 8.5? Good looks on the 30%
it's weird, i've had court victories from years and years ago but never was able to get my "true" size of 11.5.  always been getting 12s, these were no exception.
There goes my theory.  At my shop, the 1/2 sizes stop at 10.5, so no 11.5 regardless.

Anyway, I caved... 

Quick "review".  Leather/material is great... soft and IMO nicer than the stuff on the Twilight Zones.  The fit is pretty much true to size for me length-wise.  The toebox does taper a bit, so some may find it a bit narrow.  The Pump, however, was a bit disappointing... Like the TZ, they don't generate enough pressure to really inflate the air chamber, especially if you have your laces tight.  Realistically, I don't use the pump that much so its something I can live with.  I tried 2 separate pairs and both had the same problem.  Maybe guys like DJ (who own the previous non-OG c/w's) can fill me in on if the Pumps had this same problem.  Another thing I noticed that was different from the OG's is the yellow bit on the toe... its much smaller now (not sure if it was the same on the 2000ish release)

David ~ 八折太

Shoot there out of size 10's already...Does reebok.com usually restock?
I should have been more on the ball, it would have been super nice to snag a pair with the 30%

Will these be coming to retail outlets i.e. Finishline?

Just saw this pic on Sneakernews.  Court Victory pump in black Omni Zone colorway:
Solemart-1-1-570x379.jpg

No idea when they drop but I'm copping along with the other two next to them. 

Back
Top Bottom