REEBOK IS SLACKING IN THE RETRO GAME THEY REALLY NEED TO RETRO THESE....PICS

^^^^^
laugh.gif
hate neon colorways where did i say i hate neon colorways????? Ummmm......... last time i checked alot of the OG colorways are neon. In addition,most of the sneakers in his collection are not neon colorways. And be an *$%? So let me get this because MY OPINION is 90% of his reebok collection are nothingto brag about now I'm "an *$%" and "have no class" RIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHT
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
So so so sad, you make it like I attacked this guypersonally. Also before you try to "TELL ME TO DO MY RESEARCH" I GAVE YOU A LITTLE PROJECT FIND ME 10 OG COLORWAYS THAT REEBOK HAS RETRO'D OF THEPUMP IN 8 YEARS and who the hell is talking about retroing the same color everytime? I said SHOW ME IN 8 YEARS OF REEBOK PUMP RELEASES MEANING CHANGS,BLACKTOPS ETC. SHOW ME 10 OG COLORWAYS, AND I'LL TELL YOU THERE AREN'T AND WHY IS THAT? BECAUSE REEBOK is slacking on the releases of its OTHER REEBOKPUMP LINES, Reebok has already retro'd the Dee brown's in the OG colorway Twice, as well as the Chang's. Please save the role of "Authorityfigure" for someone else SERIOUSLY. The whole reason behind this post had nothing to do with his collection it had to do with Reebok and their lack of OGreleases if you have nothing to add to that discussion do not post thanks.

QUOTE:You need a hug, little homie.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You need a friend.

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

^^^^^
laugh.gif
hate neon colorways where did i say i hate neon colorways????? Ummmm......... last time i checked alot of the OG colorways are neon. In addition, most of the sneakers in his collection are not neon colorways. And be an *$%? So let me get this because MY OPINION is 90% of his reebok collection are nothing to brag about now I'm "an *$%" and "have no class" RIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHT
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
So so so sad, you make it like I attacked this guy personally. Also before you try to "TELL ME TO DO MY RESEARCH" I GAVE YOU A LITTLE PROJECT FIND ME 10 OG COLORWAYS THAT REEBOK HAS RETRO'D OF THE PUMP IN 8 YEARS and who the hell is talking about retroing the same color everytime? I said SHOW ME IN 8 YEARS OF REEBOK PUMP RELEASES MEANING CHANGS, BLACKTOPS ETC. SHOW ME 10 OG COLORWAYS, AND I'LL TELL YOU THERE AREN'T AND WHY IS THAT? BECAUSE REEBOK is slacking on the releases of its OTHER REEBOK PUMP LINES, Reebok has already retro'd the Dee brown's in the OG colorway Twice, as well as the Chang's. Please save the role of "Authority figure" for someone else SERIOUSLY. The whole reason behind this post had nothing to do with his collection it had to do with Reebok and their lack of OG releases if you have nothing to add to that discussion do not post thanks.

QUOTE:You need a hug, little homie.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You need a friend.

My man, you really come off ignorant, like Pump Lance said you DO need to do your research. As stated when Reebok retroes a shoe for the 1st time theoriginal colorway is ALWAYS re-issued 1st. In most cases MULTIPLE O.G. colors are reissued, then you see the more contemporary stuff. I canshow you TWICE as many as the number you asked for, off the top of my head I know 2 O.G. colorways of the Pump Graphlite were released last year, 2 O.G. colorsof the Omni-lite have been or will be released this year. 4 O.G. colors of the Court victory aka Michael Chang have been released in the past few years withmore coming next year.

3 original colorways of the Court Victory side pump were released just last month, the Pump OXT will be released in 2 original colors this year...

I haven't even mentioned, the Pump Running Dual, Pump Pay-dirt or the Court Victory 2 yet...

Seriously I can go on and on, and most of this stuff is just in the past few months. Do your research before you start criticizing, you are entitled to youropinion no doubt, but don't make statements that are flat out wrong and then get defensive when someone corrects your misconception or calls you out forbeing combative...

QUOTE: My man, you really come off ignorant, like Pump Lance said you DO need to do your research (Before you tell me I come off ignorant do some research onwho i am)

4 O.G. colors of the Court victory aka Michael Chang have been released in the past few years (Correct)
I haven't even mentioned, the Pump Running Dual, Pump Pay-dirt or the Court Victory 2 yet.. (Honestly IMO once again the running pump dual is equivalent toa Nike Cortez in terms of style, and you haven't mentioned either of the other two because neither has released and only the pump pay dirts have surfacedin ONE og colorway.)

It seems all i get are reply's that I should "stop hating" and "do my research" but no hardcore evidence, I know what is out therebecause I've owned just about every OG/ OG retro release of the pumps that IMO were of ANY SIGNIFICANCE the RETRO OG colorways I had were 4 OGcolorway's of the court victory's, 1 pair of Omni Lites, 3 Pairs of the bring back (first pumps) and three pairs of the battle grounds aka black toppumps, but i felt it was funny that two guys that are so passionate about pumps (nitzki and ro22s) couldn't name 10 for me.

Quote: but don't make statements that are flat out wrong and then get defensive when someone corrects your misconception or calls you out for beingcombative...

Please quote me where I was wrong, and I will whole heartedly apologize

Where are the Twilight Retro's, the shaq attacks, CXT, omnizones, etc.

Imagine if Nike continuously retro'd Nike court forces, Flight II's, CB4's, and waffle trainers, and completely ignored Agassi's, Jordan'sand AF1's.

Don't take this as a personal attack because it seems thats the way its going on both sides, I'm sure your an intelligent guy and we both share apassion for sneakers, but your responses have been generic at best this thread was not intended to go back and forth and bicker like two old woman, I just wantmy twilight, and cross training retro's so I can wear the hell out of them

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

QUOTE: My man, you really come off ignorant, like Pump Lance said you DO need to do your research (Before you tell me I come off ignorant do some research on who i am)

4 O.G. colors of the Court victory aka Michael Chang have been released in the past few years (Correct)
I haven't even mentioned, the Pump Running Dual, Pump Pay-dirt or the Court Victory 2 yet.. (Honestly IMO once again the running pump dual is equivalent to a Nike Cortez in terms of style, and you haven't mentioned either of the other two because neither has released and only the pump pay dirts have surfaced in ONE og colorway.)

It seems all i get are reply's that I should "stop hating" and "do my research" but no hardcore evidence, I know what is out there because I've owned just about every OG/ OG retro release of the pumps that IMO were of ANY SIGNIFICANCE the RETRO OG colorways I had were 4 OG colorway's of the court victory's, 1 pair of Omni Lites, 3 Pairs of the bring back (first pumps) and three pairs of the battle grounds aka black top pumps, but i felt it was funny that two guys that are so passionate about pumps (nitzki and ro22s) couldn't name 10 for me.

Quote: but don't make statements that are flat out wrong and then get defensive when someone corrects your misconception or calls you out for being combative...

Please quote me where I was wrong, and I will whole heartedly apologize

Where are the Twilight Retro's, the shaq attacks, CXT, omnizones, etc.

Imagine if Nike continuously retro'd Nike court forces, Flight II's, CB4's, and waffle trainers, and completely ignored Agassi's, Jordan's and AF1's.

Don't take this as a personal attack because it seems thats the way its going on both sides, I'm sure your an intelligent guy and we both share a passion for sneakers, but your responses have been generic at best this thread was not intended to go back and forth and bicker like two old woman, I just want my twilight, and cross training retro's so I can wear the hell out of them

Once again you're entitled to your opinion but to say the Pump Running Dual is equivalent to the Cortez in style is absurd. (no disrespect to theCortez) but the Dual is a faaaar better looking shoe.

You were wrong in your assertion that there haven't been 8 O.G. colors released in the past "10 years" was it? If you want pics I'llproveide them at some point this week if needed.

Anyway, you're right there's no need to debate back and forth we both obviously have a passion for sneakers so it's all in good spirits.

However, maybe you're familiar with this or not but to Retro a shoe in it's original form is quite expensive if the tooling doesn't exist anymore. So yeah it would be awesome to see all those great shoes you mentioned back on the shelves and on the feet of sneaker lovers everywhere, but there's quitean investment that goes with bringing these shoes back the and the likely pairage that would result most likely wouldn't come CLOSE to paying for themolds, especially on a shoe as expensive as some of these Pump models.

So until the economy gets a little better and people starting having more disposable income to spend on luxuries like sneakers, Reebok's start selling likethey did in the late 80's early 90's you'll have to be satisfied with a few New retroes per year...

FYI Court Forces, Waffle trainsers and CB 4's etc. pay the bills they're volume drivers. Agassi's, Bo Jackson's, etc. retro Airforces arebrand builders not volume builders. If you ask Nike which AF1's do the best it's the all black and all white by a landslide...

Quote:You were wrong in your assertion that there haven't been 8 O.G. colors released in the past "10 years" was it?

Please go back and read my comment I never said that, I said please state 10 OG color ways released in the past 8 years.

Quote:FYI Court Forces, Waffle trainsers and CB 4's etc. pay the bills they're volume drivers. Agassi's, Bo Jackson's, etc. retro Airforces arebrand builders not volume builders. If you ask Nike which AF1's do the best it's the all black and all white by a landslide...

I totally agree with that however without continuous statement products (especially regarding fashion) which are a necessity, a brand can become flat, whichwill trickle down to its volume builders. Sometimes you need to make products that you will take a loss on to push other products, or to maintain a place in aspecific market, Sony has done it with the PS3 they actually take a loss on every PS3 made but in the process push their blue ray technology. A good friend ofmine owns a 99 cent store, and there are items that cost him 2 or 3 dollars a unit such as a paint set but he makes up for that loss because people usually buyadditional items while shopping. When Reebok brought back its premier pump model that shoe was very popular and now that retro commands 400+, I would assumethere is not much difference in raw material and technology in the twilight zone pump in comparison to the original reebok pump. It cannot be that they arescared to release a shoe that high cut because the bringback was slightly higher than the twilight, and I am almost positively certain that if the twilightgets a retro that it will be a great selling release. So why not retro it? The only thing I can think of is they are milking the current model's andstaggering the releases of the most popular models.

I think the point has been proven that reebok is not slacking in the retro department. And yes, we all agree that we would love to seen all the older pumpmodels retroed. I'm content with what has come out and what is scheduled to come out. Maybe you should write reebok and express to them what they need todo to satisfy you as a customer. I'm my opinion I think Nike has killed alot of their retro's with bad colorways and over-availability, so as a reebokconsumer I wouldn't like to see them be like Nike.

Quote:I think the point has been proven that reebok is not slacking in the retro department.

Once again thats your OPINION, just as it is my opinion they are. I agree Nike has killed alot of their retro's with bad colorways and over-availabilitybut Reebok has a lot more heat in the vault and I think i speak for most when i say we need some twilights and more cxt's please !!!!
smile.gif

I think you missed a very important part of my original post. That is that Reebok is releasing some very hot OG Colorway retros this year: Sir Jams, Dual PumpAXT, and Pump OXT. I forgot to mention that they are also bringing back the PreSeason Pump Mids next month.

On another note: you all are going to flip out when you see the Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer Court Victory Pumps coming out in November.

^^^^ Twilight Zone's, all CXT's, Omni Zones >sir jams, dual pump AXT, and Pump OXT and thats my point. Sorry Red nosed reindeer Court Victory pumps
indifferent.gif

Hey Reebok why Don't you keep the reindeer court victory's and just give us these pleaseplease please lets get a retro of these

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Screw that. We need the Emmitt Smith kicks!

No we don't. Any clearly some of us are never going to agree, everything can't be retroed at once and I'm quite happy with alot of the retroesthat have been done. Of course I'd love to see some of my other favorites come back but I'm sure they will when the time is right...

Yea. Reebok has a chance to do good if they would just drop a variation of retro pumps in original colors. Instead they are dropping victory and omni litepumps in skittles colors.

i agree with tre.... reebok is slacking in the retro department... they have a lot of good shoes to retro but they seem to be trying to please hypebeastinstead of releasing some of their best classics

besides my bringbacks, OG and blacktop, omni lites, and court victory pump, everything else is a pass...

i would love to see the preacher ice retroed. The shaqnosis.... The kamikaze 1 and 2... The other pumps tre showed... retro the answer line THE RIGHT WAY....

wheres the white/red answer 1? the black/red/white answer 2? the white/red/black answer 3? the white navy answer iv?

they retro the answers but in boatloads of crap colorways on eastbay.... they screwed up the answer iv retro in black/silver/red too...

I would get Reebok, Nike is starting to bore me and Jordan got me feeling down with the Fusions and CDP's. So I have been only getting Vans and a fewadidas. Reebok would be a nice change.

I was just at project in NY and wrote my Reebok Orders.....there is some fire comin out for Spring 09. Michael Chang Court Victory II in white/pink/red andalso in black/neon green/blue with matching t's and hoodies. The Chinese New Years are absolutely siiiiick!!!3 Omni Lites in black/neon green,Maroon/white, and Purple/Red all with mesh toe boxes....all pretty sick but the purples are the dopest of all. Even doing some hot colorways for girls, whichis the first time they are doing it.

being an OG head I'd have to agree that Reebok is slacking on bring back OG colorways, but on the other hand, is there enough of us out there to make itprofitable for them to retro these colorways? I'm hoping with the success of the recent Dee Brown Omni retro they see that there's a market out therefor true to the original colorways. Reebok has produced an over abundance of "lifestyle" colorways which is obviously profitable for them or theywouldn't be releasing so many. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get some more OG colorways in the future.

reebox is slacking they do need to retro a lot of kicks maybe when nike is done and slows up on the releases then reebox can go inn

Back
Top Bottom