Reebok Iverson Retro Collection: ?, Answer 1 & 4 Out, SAMPLES SAMPLES SAMPLES...

Omg the A3's were a terrible hoop shoe. I did love the way the leather wore in over time tho. I wish I could have played in the answer 9's always look like an amazing big man shoe(in half cort) Thats how you know AI was fast when he could out run dudes in those bricks

Omg the A3's were a terrible hoop shoe. I did love the way the leather wore in over time tho. I wish I could have played in the answer 9's always look like an amazing big man shoe(in half cort) Thats how you know AI was fast when he could out run dudes in those bricks

answer 3 is my favorite Iverson shoe - until I got them on court and that foam grabbed every bit of dust and slid all across the court.

I liked the 9 until they released the X. It was an awesome performer and the pump system had improved. The cushioning was actually good in those, it was some form of a new DMX (probably foam). Traction was also good from what I remember.

I want a retro 8 or 9 from Reebok. I started my shoe craze in 6th grade with I6s (whi/red) and the next year for the 7s and hate those laces so badly then moved on but I always like the look. And the 9s crazy but maybe a bit of their time :lol:

The 9 is one of my all-time favorite shoes to play in. I WISH a retro would happen - I’m buying every colorway available.

Anyone seen these on sale at Foot Locker? They should be hitting $29 soon. Foot Locker by me is closed so I can't even check.

reebok-answer-v-bethel-fx7199-question-mid-georgetown-fx0987-release-date-info-3.jpg
Champs by me have them on sale for $50 i think. As a Vikings fan I see them as Pakers colors and don’t want them, but do want to buy for the price.

Last edited:
Are there any pix out yet of the white/red 4s?

You and everyone else who's interested in them should look for the enlarged pictures in this article.

I had the last retro of those red Answer IVs and the DMX foam cushioning is just so bad I had to get rid of them.

I still have my Georgetowns, can’t bring myself to get rid of them since they’re my favorite shoe of all time (technically a different shoe without the DMX). I was trying to find some Answer Vs since they at least attempted the old DMX feel in those but can’t find a low enough price I’m willing to pay.

Looking forward to seeing pics of the White/Red IVs. Hopefully they stay true to the OG and don’t do anything funky. Still have my 2012s on ice.

Looking forward to seeing pics of the White/Red IVs. Hopefully they stay true to the OG and don’t do anything funky. Still have my 2012s on ice.

Not counting on it. I used to be excited when the Answer IV was being retro’d (first in 2006-07 timeframe on Eastbay). Those were duds, then they released more that were stripped down. It’s not like Reebok didn’t know we were ticked off about the stripped versions, only to turn around and keep pushing more stripped ones. Like I don’t understand, there is no one else to sell them to because the OG buyers have caught on and younger generations aren’t buying them…

I put insoles in mine and they fit just enough lol, gonna try to rip out the originals.
they use to be removable. wore um a few years back and my sock was full of gooey pieces of the insole. tried taking the insole out and **** was sticky and gooey so i just said **** it and have t taken them out the box since

Not counting on it. I used to be excited when the Answer IV was being retro’d (first in 2006-07 timeframe on Eastbay). Those were duds, then they released more that were stripped down. It’s not like Reebok didn’t know we were ticked off about the stripped versions, only to turn around and keep pushing more stripped ones. Like I don’t understand, there is no one else to sell them to because the OG buyers have caught on and younger generations aren’t buying them…
Absolutely, I’ve owned/wore every IV retro generation. My “true to OG & don’t do anything funky” was in reference to the colourway.

I don’t even hope for any real tech in any Iverson retros at this point. Hell, they’ve even given more recent Question retros crappier paper thin insoles than they were getting in the middle of last decade. :lol:

It’s been painfully clear adidas regrets purchasing Reebok for quite awhile. Now with them wanting to sell it and having to take a huge loss if they’re able to, I’m surprised we’re getting any retro releases at this point. (Watered down or not)

Absolutely, I’ve owned/wore every IV retro generation. My “true to OG & don’t do anything funky” was in reference to the colourway.

I don’t even hope for any real tech in any Iverson retros at this point. Hell, they’ve even given more recent Question retros crappier paper thin insoles than they were getting in the middle of last decade. :lol:

It’s been painfully clear adidas regrets purchasing Reebok for quite awhile. Now with them wanting to sell it and having to take a huge loss if they’re able to, I’m surprised we’re getting any retro releases at this point. (Watered down or not)

Absolutely. If the price gets low enough I’ll probably grab this retro (but that would have to be like $50 low lol). I will say, the last good Reebok retro I have is the 2013 Georgetown Question, they actually did those right. They have the original truck insole, as well as somewhat functional Hexalite and foam (so much so that I hooped in them twice but didn’t want to beat them).

I don't think it's regret on their part but rather their incompetence. Bear in mind that they were floundering in the basketball and lifestyle markets in '04-'05 when they purchased Reebok and what they should've done was drop Reebok's 80s and 90s catalog en masse so that teens and twenty-somethings who grew up in those eras would gobble up (mostly) everything.

Nike was only at the infancy of their presently oversaturated retro craze and could've used some competition. Adidas did wake up from their slumber in '13 but the damage was done and Nike/JB had taken control of the retro market by then.

Hopefully the new buyer is prepared to dig into the Reebok archives and push out some decent product.

I put insoles in mine and they fit just enough lol, gonna try to rip out the originals.
Man I WISH I could do that. I have wide feet so that insole needs to come out completely :lol:
I got my eye on some insoles with a “gel” pack in the heel that look extra comfy. $7.99 so I’m be copping this week.

Back
Top Bottom