Reebok Kamikaze I Retro

Do we have confirmation of a RD for this CW? My lack of interest in green has made this the OG one that I am waiting for....

View media item 837795

Just noticed a hint of green on the outsole near the toebox. Did the OG Black/White colourway have that green as well or did Reebok get super lazy and reuse the same 'Sonics Retro+' mid/outsole on this colourway too?

Nope, there will be no green, those were an early samples. Its all Black/White with Blue logos and branding. 

Thanks brother, a part of me was annoyed at the fact that they messed up another OG colourway but another part was looking at an extra $120 saved.

asked reebok a couple days ago via twitter and fb if they were getting the grey and purple ones this weekend, and no response 
tired.gif

Last edited:
Well me personally drifting away from buying Jordans, is already a huge savings :smile:

I've been saving money since '08 my dude. Learned my lesson with those variant quality CDPs and sold all of 'em along with some of the purposefully low quality made retros released from '04-'07 (not all were bad though).

Last edited:
You gotta pick and choose with each release.

The leather on the retro xii and retro x were better than any leather reebok used on their retros not named shaq attack and answer 1.

Both those jordan retros retailed at 170 while shaq attack at 160 and answer 1 at 150

You gotta call it fairly

Nope have to disagree with you on this one, I can name some more models with far, far superior leather quality - The Pydirt, Scrimmage, Question, all of them still use Full Grain, just like in the 90's. That split grain on the Taxi and the X's is no good, its just a bit softer than the other ones and people over sudden think JB is giving them quality, it will never happen. Oh not to mention that the Answer was copped for $60 and same goes for the Black/Azure Attaq and many other models, again that will never happen with J's. 

It will never happen because demand is higher for jordan retros.

Again we are talking retail.

You sure the scrimmage uses full grain leather?

I thought they used that garbage leather the shaqnosis and k1 and 2 use?

I take that back thats not garbage leather just cheap. The retro v and retro vi use garbage leather.

Last edited:
Will post a close up pic from the Scrimmage later, its probably the best leather of them all, thick as back in the early 90's.

Open in new tab and zoom in on the toe box, see how thick the leather is and you can see all the grain there.

Also keep in mind there is no strong glue smell like all the J's, the smell is straight leather like cow's but, and I scooped those up for under $50, can't really say anything against Reebok, the quality is remarkable and the price is super low, not to forget the hustle free experience to obtain as well.

Last edited:
You gotta pick and choose with each release.

The leather on the retro xii and retro x were better than any leather reebok used on their retros not named shaq attack and answer 1.

Both those jordan retros retailed at 170 while shaq attack at 160 and answer 1 at 150

You gotta call it fairly

Sorry for the late reply on this NK, but you could say I ended up losing interest with Jordan brand over time. As mentioned before, the OG colour ways from '04 onwards had cheap quality but the retro+ were impeccable until '08+ when everything went downhill. I'm almost certain the new and improved 'leather' they are running is some kind of leatherette/vinyl as it doesn't crease quite naturally nor does it depress like real leather when you press it.

My man, I mean this in the nicest possible way but you think anyone with half a brain is paying full MSRP on those hideous things?

Thx for putting it together as nice as it can be :D i thought the samd way but doesnt hurt just in case someone like me as a inter milan fans think its a perfect colorway for supporting my team on soccer day :D

Thx for putting it together as nice as it can be :D i thought the samd way but doesnt hurt just in case someone like me as a inter milan fans think its a perfect colorway for supporting my team on soccer day :D

I hear you, just be patient - those will be marked down heavily. The OG colourways are not moving and this 'Inter-Milan' colourway has a no chance at all.

They had the OGs marked down at $79.99 at my local Foot Locker. Scooped with birthday coupon and bought a pair of Nike cuffed pants on sale too. $104 for both. Not sure I'll find a better deal.

Wish online would mark um down at that price

Got a gift card waiting to use

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom