Reed vs Polamalu

Now, granted ima little bit biased (USC
pimp.gif
)

BUT i feel the slight edge goes to Troy, not to take anything away from Ed Reed cause hes one of the greatest safeties since Lott.

I feel that Polamalu is just overall a better weapon, the way they utilize him with his blitzing and hes tackling near the line of scrimmage and sometimes behind it.

Granted i treat Reed with the same respect i treat Revis, i would be scared to throw to his side of the feel because of his ball hawking skills, but then i also feel that if polamalu was back there all the time it would be the same result.

I feel that Polamalu is the better S, but just by a hair.

Now, granted ima little bit biased (USC
pimp.gif
)

BUT i feel the slight edge goes to Troy, not to take anything away from Ed Reed cause hes one of the greatest safeties since Lott.

I feel that Polamalu is just overall a better weapon, the way they utilize him with his blitzing and hes tackling near the line of scrimmage and sometimes behind it.

Granted i treat Reed with the same respect i treat Revis, i would be scared to throw to his side of the feel because of his ball hawking skills, but then i also feel that if polamalu was back there all the time it would be the same result.

I feel that Polamalu is the better S, but just by a hair.

I know that my Lens is Biased, but Ed Reed is one of, if not THE best defensive playmaker of all-time.

Missed damn near half the season this year and still lead the league in INT's.

I can't argue against those that say Troy, but Reed has more impressive personal accolades.

I know that my Lens is Biased, but Ed Reed is one of, if not THE best defensive playmaker of all-time.

Missed damn near half the season this year and still lead the league in INT's.

I can't argue against those that say Troy, but Reed has more impressive personal accolades.

Originally Posted by air max 87

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Two different positions....

how so? their both safeties, i think their DC put them in different spots though to utilize them
nerd.gif

SS vs. FS

To me it's like comparing Adrian Wilson to a guy like Eric Berry or Darren Sharper....

Originally Posted by air max 87

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Two different positions....

how so? their both safeties, i think their DC put them in different spots though to utilize them
nerd.gif

SS vs. FS

To me it's like comparing Adrian Wilson to a guy like Eric Berry or Darren Sharper....

They play differently on the field hard compare. Both are best utilized in the system they are in

They play differently on the field hard compare. Both are best utilized in the system they are in

I don't like choosing one or the other, as stated above me, for what they're used for they're the best at.

2 of the best to ever do it & will probably go down as the 2 best at the safety position, IMO.

I don't like choosing one or the other, as stated above me, for what they're used for they're the best at.

2 of the best to ever do it & will probably go down as the 2 best at the safety position, IMO.

Originally Posted by MBen32

segment_7146_460x345.jpg

Originally Posted by MBen32

segment_7146_460x345.jpg

Yes, I am aware of Ronnie Lott.

Doesn't take away the fact that I believe Ed or Troy, or both can go down being better than him.
ohwell.gif

Yes, I am aware of Ronnie Lott.

Doesn't take away the fact that I believe Ed or Troy, or both can go down being better than him.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom